Speculation: Offseason Roster Building Thread 3 - No draft trades? We're all gonna die

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
All of the trade chatter has been around Duchene, but I wonder what is going to shake out of this Tavares situation. If Tavares isn't signed soon then the trade rumors will begin to flow. Francis has been pretty clear that he isn't interested in trading a top-4 guy (Hanifin) for 2 years of Duchene. However, the smoke around Hanifin and what Francis has said might actually fit Tavares a lot better.

1) Canes are interested in a top-line piece, hence the Duchene smoke.
2) Originally LeBrun (or Friedman?) said that if Hanifin would be traded the cost would really hurt and Duchene's 2 years don't fit the bill.
3) Tavares is the same age as Duchene and on a extended contract (which he can sign now) would absolutely fit that bill.
4) Francis said he talked to Karmanos about some expensive options. A Tavares extension would be very expensive.
5) This type of deal would likely create roster space for itself (1-2 forwards going back)

All of this would be assuming that Tavares doesn't sign an extension soon and would actually would want to play in Raleigh.

Assuming we'd not wreck the team to make the trade, with JT on the team we'd have a much better chance at the Cup than the Isles, I think. Also, I've heard JT is the kind of guy that doesn't care for the media spot light...hard to think of a market that could do a better job of bringing him that than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->