Speculation: Offseason Roster Building Thread 2 - Expansion Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Hey everyone. If Pettersson is already picked before your draft, and Valimaki is still available and Jets have their sets on him, would you trade with the Flames and move down a little in the draft but get another piece? 12th overall for 16th overall and any prospect not named Jankowski, Andersson, Kylington, Klimchuk, or Mangiapane.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Hey everyone. If Pettersson is already picked before your draft, and Valimaki is still available and Jets have their sets on him, would you trade with the Flames and move down a little in the draft but get another piece? 12th overall for 16th overall and any prospect not named Jankowski, Andersson, Kylington, Klimchuk, or Mangiapane.

I'd rather trade out of the 1st entirely for Jankowski.

Really, if we trade #12, I'm not sure there's a need to get a pick back. It's an opportunity to jump the end of our rebuild and compete immediately with an elite, young, cheap blueline.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

What a generous offer.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
You know in strong drafts, people usually move up more spots for something as simple as an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder? It can be a prospect and a pick along with 16th overall if Valimaki is still available for us to move up.

Honestly, I'm not expecting to have the pick by the time the pick is on the board.

We really don't need the futures we could get at #12 as much as we could use the immediate top-6 forward help we can get trading it, either alone or packaged with a spec like Fleury or Bean or a guy being replaced in the lineup, like Rask.

I was joking about shipping it for Jankowski because there's no way Calgary makes that trade...but only half-joking. That's the kind of trade I could see us making...someone ready now for futures.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Honestly, I'm not expecting to have the pick by the time the pick is on the board.

We really don't need the futures we could get at #12 as much as we could use the immediate top-6 forward help we can get trading it, either alone or packaged with a spec like Fleury or Bean or a guy being replaced in the lineup, like Rask.

I was joking about shipping it for Jankowski because there's no way Calgary makes that trade...but only half-joking. That's the kind of trade I could see us making...someone ready now for futures.

If Jankowski is offered for 12th overall, Flames take that and run. I'll literally organize the angry mob riot in Calgary for Trev's resignation if he declines it and one of Suzuki, Pettersson, or Valimaki is still on board. :sarcasm: In all seriousness I don't see Canes accepting that. But I'd trade Jankowski to the Canes for the right deal.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
You know in strong drafts, people usually move up more spots for something as simple as an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder? It can be a prospect and a pick along with 16th overall if Valimaki is still available for us to move up.

Yes but you want to do it for a prospect, excluding all your decent ones.

Rather use the #12 ourselves than help out another team if that's all the return is going to be. Whatever is left in your prospect pool beyond those guys, we no doubt already have our own versions of.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Pesce is the real deal. I can't really think of what d-man he reminds me of, he's just super solid in a non flashy way. Would be great if he could improve his shot a bit but considering his role it's not a big deal.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Pesce is the real deal. I can't really think of what d-man he reminds me of, he's just super solid in a non flashy way. Would be great if he could improve his shot a bit but considering his role it's not a big deal.

It's weird, because it's not like he's a particularly unique player, but I can't think of anybody in franchise history that closely resembles him. He reminds me in a way of Adam Foote, but he's rangier and more athletic.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Anyone hear anything about some of the guys offseason training regimen? Has TT, Lindy, and Aho been beastin it up to take the next step???

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's weird, because it's not like he's a particularly unique player, but I can't think of anybody in franchise history that closely resembles him. He reminds me in a way of Adam Foote, but he's rangier and more athletic.

And not nearly as mean. A Foote for the modern day perhaps.

It's hard to pinpoint someone from franchise history to compare him to because every RHD I can even remember hasn't been a defensive defenseman and if they were, they sucked.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Approximately what would the Canes have to give up to get Alex Galchenyuk?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
In fairness, RF is VERY tightlipped and good at keeping his cards close to the vest.

Sure but I think the ONLY thing we've gotten confirmed this summer was from the Hurricanes twitter in that two minute video. It doesn't seem like Luke or Chip even try at this point

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->