NCAA: Offseason Recruiting And News Thread

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

He was really good as a freshman. Remember him deciding between Texas and lots of fans of texas were doing the "What If's" cause him and Vahe and Williams all made all american freshmen.

Wonder what he did. But I wonder how quickly LSU going ot be in the market for a HC. SEC coaching has gone down hill, fast.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
ESPN preseason poll

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...reseason-top-25-loaded-traditional-powers-top

1) Alabama
2) FSU
3) Ohio State
4) USC
5) Clemson
6) Penn State
7) Oklahoma
8) Washington
9) Wisconsin Badgers
10) Oklahoma State
11) Auburn
12) LSU
13) Michigan
14) Florida Gators
15) Stanford
16) Miami
17) Georgia
18) Louisville
19) Kansas State
20) Texas
21) USF
22) Virginia Tech
23) TCU
24) Washington State
25) West Virginia

Sep 19, 2008
RT @Brett_McMurphy Florida State WR Davante Phillips, who is facing 5 felony charges @JimHenryTALLY reports, suspended indefinitely by Jimbo Fisher

Mar 1, 2002
Ok, now even the biggest homer Buckeye fan has to say, "slow down there, Greg"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-what-he-had-in-tampa/?utm_term=.4de98cb652f0

Big Ten Network host Dave Revsine then asked Schiano if this is the most talented defensive line he has ever coached, including his time in the NFL.

“It is, and that’s not a joke,” said Schiano, who presided over the nation’s sixth-ranked defense last season. “We had a great player in Tampa by the name of Gerald McCoy, a tremendous player, but that was one guy. I go back to my days at Miami in ’99 and 2000; this is clearly a better group than those guys, so that’s saying something.”

The Buccaneers tied for the third-fewest sacks (27) in 2012 and ranked 23rd with 35 in 2013. McCoy, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, had 14.5 sacks during Schiano’s two seasons in Tampa Bay, but the Buccaneers’ other defensive linemen during those years, including Adrian Clayborn, Michael Bennett and William Gholston, apparently didn’t make much of an impression.

Mar 1, 2002
I remember 4 years ago saying, "The Buckeyes have this freshman named Ezekiel Elliott at RB. He's going to be the next big thing."

J.K. Dobbins. First freshman in camp to lose the black stripe. I know Weber was pretty good for a freshman last year, but Dobbins IS the next Zeke. Same body, same moves. Not sure about hands or blocking, but he's going to be an all-american and a very high pick

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I remember 4 years ago saying, "The Buckeyes have this freshman named Ezekiel Elliott at RB. He's going to be the next big thing."

J.K. Dobbins. First freshman in camp to lose the black stripe. I know Weber was pretty good for a freshman last year, but Dobbins IS the next Zeke. Same body, same moves. Not sure about hands or blocking, but he's going to be an all-american and a very high pick

why couldn't we have just won last yearrrrr

Mar 1, 2002
Really disappointed in Coach Mac at Colorado,

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/10/mike-macintyre-colorado-joe-tumpkin-domestic-abuse

This month, as college football teams make their return to the field, Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre can count himself fortunate to be among them. If MacIntyre had been, say, an English professor at CU instead of the man credited with lifting the Buffs from 10 straight losing seasons to last year’s 10-win campaign, it’s safe to say he’d be suspended, if not out of a job entirely. His transgression? In December 2016, the consensus national coach of the year failed to report to the proper authorities the allegation that one of his assistant coaches had been beating up his girlfriend. It was a violation not only of MacIntyre’s employment contract, but of several campus policies linked to federal Title IX laws.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does anybody happen to know the game that is scheduled the furthest out in the future? Was just reading up on some things and noticed that Virginia Tech is hosting Notre Dame on Labor Day in 2036! I know Notre Dame has a deal with the ACC for another 20 years, so they have unconfirmed 2037 dates with ACC teams, but that one with Virginia Tech is confirmed. Like, I can plan my day right now for September 1, 2036.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ers-september-2-opener-vs-michigan-wolverines

Florida has suspended seven players for its season-opener against Michigan on Sept. 2 (3:30 ET on ABC) -- including its top playmaker, wide receiver Antonio Callaway.

The others are offensive lineman Kadeem Telfort, linebackers James Houston and Ventrell Miller and defensive linemen Jordan Smith, Richerd Desir-Jones and Keivonnis Davis.

Callaway clearly the big loss there. UF has the most depth its had in a while at WR but no one on his level and hurts their ability to exploit Michigan's inexperienced secondary. He's putting some red flags on his NFL resume. Davis is the only other guy out of that group who would've seen significant action and he's a backup. The other four are freshman and Jones is buried on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->