NCAA: Offseason Recruiting And News Thread

Mar 1, 2002

If he's right, that's really sick. To lose 3 1st round picks, and STILL be the #1 secondary in the country? They brought in 2-5-star and 4-4-star DB's this year. It's just an assembly line.

Ironically, Ward and Arnette were only 3-star guys in 2015.

Mar 1, 2002
https://www.outsports.com/2017/7/13/15963472/scott-frantz-kansas-state-gay

Scott Frantz, an offensive tackle for Kansas State, has come out publicly as gay in an interview with Holly Rowe for ESPN. He is only the third active FBS player ever to reveal publicly that he is gay.

In his first public comments as an out gay man, Frantz told ESPN that he has come out to his team’s coaching staff and teammates and received nothing but support.

“I’ve never felt so loved and so accepted ever in my life than when I did that,†Frantz said. “And ever since then it’s been great. I’ve grown so much closer to my teammates since then.â€

Because of his play as a freshman, and his size at 6-foot-5, 300 pounds, the sophomore is already an NFL Draft prospect. NFLDraftScout.com currently lists him as the No. 6 tackle in his class.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
CHRIS SPIELMAN FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST OHIO STATE TO BLOCK USE OF PLAYER IMAGES

As John Porentas of The Ozone first reported, former Ohio State consensus All-American linebacker Chris Spielman filed a class action lawsuit Friday against the university to block the usage of player images for promotional purposes.

The suit alleges unfair usage images for financial game. It also names Nike, Honda, and the IMG Sports Radio Network.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...inst-ohio-state-to-block-use-of-player-images

Mar 1, 2002
ESPN.com news services

Oregon Ducks top wide receiver Darren Carrington has been indefinitely suspended by the team after he was arrested Saturday morning.

The 22-year-old junior was arrested early Saturday morning for driving under the influence of intoxicants after he hit a pole in a McDonald's drive-thru in Eugene, Oregon. Carrington was also cited for careless driving and making an improper right turn, Eugene police spokeswoman Melinda McLaughlin told The Oregonian.

And he was kicked off the team today, big loss.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Thomas is doing a pretty good job with the state of Texas in crootin so far. hopefully he wins some this year also.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Officially booked to go to California to see USC vs Texas, any suggestions?

Yes, grab an Uber to campus a few hours early to tailgate a bit and check out the newly opened University Village nearby. Enjoy the view of hot USC coeds. Kick the flagpoles as you walk from campus to the Coliseum. After the game, do yourself a favor and get yourself a Danger Dog from one of the Mexican street vendors, kick the flagpoles again, and head over to the 901 bar and drink some more.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yes, grab an Uber to campus a few hours early to tailgate a bit and check out the newly opened University Village nearby. Enjoy the view of hot USC coeds. Kick the flagpoles as you walk from campus to the Coliseum. After the game, do yourself a favor and get yourself a Danger Dog from one of the Mexican street vendors, kick the flagpoles again, and head over to the 901 bar and drink some more.

Any chance I get killed doing any of these while in longhorn gear?

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Any chance I get killed doing any of these while in longhorn gear?

Nah, you might get a few idiot frat boys but for the most part we're pretty respectful towards other team's fans.
I always see a lot of fans of the opposing team tailgating with SC fans on campus and having a good time.

Sep 19, 2008

vqCOG.gif

Mar 1, 2002
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...misse-suspended-indefinitely-following-arrest

Colorado Buffaloes starting defensive back Anthony Julmisse has been suspended indefinitely after he was arrested following an altercation Sunday in Boulder, Colorado.

Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre released the following statement about Julmisse's suspension:

"Anthony has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities and we will determine any further disciplinary action after receiving more information," MacIntyre said. "I am very troubled by these allegations, as they do not represent the values of our university and our football program. I have reported the allegations to the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance so that it may conduct any appropriate inquiries."

Julmisse, a sophomore, has been charged with third-degree assault, domestic violence and two counts of harassment, according to multiple reports.

Mar 1, 2002
Tide open against the Seminoles. Let's see how long Saban suspends him. One series.....one quarter...

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ide-dl-dashawn-hand-charged-driving-influence

Alabama defensive lineman Da'Shawn Hand was arrested and charged with driving under the influence on Saturday morning in Tuscaloosa.

"This type of behavior is not acceptable and we are disappointed in Da'Shawn's actions," said Alabama head coach Nick Saban via statement. "We are still gathering information and will evaluate what we need to do in terms of appropriate discipline as we move forward, so better choices and decisions can be made in the future."

A former five-star recruit, Hand had been a key reserve the on the Crimson Tide defense and is expected to start this season. He had 21 tackles and two sacks as a junior last season.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Mizzou has recently brought in a couple of pretty damn recruits looking forward. There's a ton of local talent for this recruiting class and if Mizzou starts picking them up, they could really build something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->