• Joey Willis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Vote for the best prospect (with whatever reasoning you want) from the above poll.

Rankings:

1. Yaroslav Askarov (G, 11OA, 2020 Draft)
2. Joakim Kemell (RW, 17OA, 2022 Draft)
3. Matthew Wood (LW/C, 15OA, 2023 Draft)
4. Luke Evangelista (RW, 42OA, 2020 Draft)
5. Juuso Parssinen (C/LW, 210OA, 2019 Draft)
6. Philip Tomasino (RW, 24OA, 2019 Draft)
7. Tanner Molendyk (D, 24OA, 2023 Draft)
8. Fedor Svechkcov (C, 19OA, 2021 Draft
9. Zachary L'Heurex (LW, 27OA, 2021 Draft)
10. Spencer Stastney (D, 131OA, 2018 Draft)
11. Egor Afanasyev (LW, 45OA, 2019 Draft)
12. Semyon Chistyakov (D, 117OA, 2019 Draft)
13. Reid Schaefer (LW, 32OA, 2022 Draft)
14. Felix Nilsson (C, 43OA, 2023 Draft)
15. Kalan Lind (LW, 46OA, 2023 Draft)
16. Ryan Ufko (D, 115OA, 2021 Draft)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This is the first point in this whole ranking where I have to stop and think about it, and then just kind of throw up my arms and pick "at random". I had a clear idea on all the previous spots. Here, I don't.

I went Wilsby. But there are 5 or 6 other guys I could see. Burke is very interesting, but lots of junior free agents get numbers but have fatal flaws that don't translate to the pros, and I simply have no clue with him. There are guys like Ingram, Kulonummi, yes even Matier, Kiiskinen, Roest, etc... practically everybody currently listed has traits which I could see warranting somebody's vote at this point (not Fontaine or Knak, though).

The guy who isn't listed who I'd also consider in this range is Jatkola. He took a starters job in the Liiga last year, and was good in the WJC the year before. I think he's worthy of being an option in this range.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I'll go Matier. I think we're getting deep enough that it's a long shot for any of these guys to make a major impact in the NHL, so we're kind of guessing at who the one or two guys that buck the odds might be. To me it seems like Matier has the highest potential ceiling based on hype so while it would be no surprise to me to see him never make it, he's my pick based on potential.

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
I went Kiiskinen. He was the youngest player in the draft, I believe, so could have a higher ceiling than one would think.

Or so I argued to myself. Bit of a wild guess at this point.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Matier this round for me. Love that there are still players in here that have NHL potential.
This exercise really does show you how deep we have gotten. I would argue we are maybe 10(?) spots deeper than we have been in any time I remember following our prospect pool. I don't say this thinking all these kids are making the league, but having guys even with NHL potential or higher round picks this far into our ranking shows how important it is to maintain your draft picks for some cycles.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I'll add Jatkola to the next poll.

I'm torn between Burke and Matier here, but went Burke for the lols of not picking Matier again.
….and after you told me he was our number one prospect for getting his face on the beer label….
I’m speechless my friend hahaha

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Went Burke just because it would be a cool story if he makes it

Burke has an interesting background. Being passed over the draft is a bit of a flag but in all the covid madness, there are probably a couple that got overlooked. I have him right in this area as i think it is all pretty close at this point just gets down to preferences. Gonna have my eyes of burke, svechkov, l'heureux, schaeffer, matier, kemell this season to see how their game translates to ahl. Kindof already got a sneak peak at kemell just gotta see if he can keep that up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad