Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
How will it be cleared up next season? Are those vets contracts expiring?
Yes. All of Gravel, Gross, McKeown are expiring. That is when there is going to be a "changing of the guard", probably a couple guys get promoted to Nashville to replace Barrie and one of Carrier/Fabbro, and then those 3 expire, while others like Del Gaizo, Wilsby, etc become the new "vets". Then things are going to be wide open for younger D.

Reactions: maplepred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Yes. All of Gravel, Gross, McKeown are expiring. That is when there is going to be a "changing of the guard", probably a couple guys get promoted to Nashville to replace Barrie and one of Carrier/Fabbro, and then those 3 expire, while others like Del Gaizo, Wilsby, etc become the new "vets". Then things are going to be wide open for younger D.
1693067663315.gif

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I still think the Johansen trade was worth it. He was a beast in the Cup run and I'm convinced if he didn't get hurt we may have won the finals. I think his career got derailed by injury as much as anything.

Meanwhile Jones is on one of the worst contracts in the whole league.
I for one am convinced Jones would have forced his way out of Nashville as well.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'll tell you what....These offseason prospect ranking threads are a lot more fun when you have one of the top farms in the league.

Assuming we draft in the top-12 or so and don't trade many picks at the deadline, we should be top-3 after next year's draft.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'll tell you what....These offseason prospect ranking threads are a lot more fun when you have one of the top farms in the league.

Assuming we draft in the top-12 or so and don't trade many picks at the deadline, we should be top-3 after next year's draft.
It seems to be difficult to crack team top-5 lists without having like multiple top-5 overall draft picks, though. Having superb depth may actually be better in the long run, but I think the people ranking teams tend to zero in on the "quality" at the top of the list more than the "quantity" deeper down. :dunno:

Plus I guess everybody thinks their own depth guys are great, just like we do, because those are the only ones they pay any attention to. I feel like this is the best Nashville depth ever... but I wouldn't be surprised if external fans shrugged and said "meh" about our beloved prospects. :dunno:

At a certain point, prospects can make themselves undeniable to the world, but I suppose past our top few guys, most of our list hasn't really done that... yet... hopefully that is coming soon!

Reactions: maplepred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
At a certain point, prospects can make themselves undeniable to the world, but I suppose past our top few guys, most of our list hasn't really done that... yet... hopefully that is coming soon!
Matier :nod:
The world will see soon. Our own fans don’t even yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad