Duchene Trade return - Barzal+Pulock+15
Biggest UFA signing - Kulikov
Other trade predictions - none

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
"Trade Pickard".
This must be an idea for post-ExDraft, right?
I mean, if we trade him now, don't we have to expose Varly?

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
"Trade Pickard".
This must be an idea for post-ExDraft, right?
I mean, if we trade him now, don't we have to expose Varly?

Expose him, I don't think Vegas takes him, trade him after, I think he's done here and could be seen to have potential elsewhere

Then again if Vegas doesn't take him for free my Philly proposal is pretty optimistic. I just think Philly could be interested since they're not bringing back Mason and Neuvirth is hit or miss.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
1st round selection (4) - Patrick (predicting Makar and Heiskanen to be gone, we pick whichever is left of Patrick or Hischier)
2nd round selection (32) - Michael DiPietro (predicting Pickard to be taken in expansion draft and us just missing on good defenders with this pick and going with the goalie)
Duchene Trade return - Barzal, Isles 1st, and Pulock (alternatively CDH instead of Pulock, which is probably what Sakic wants)
Biggest UFA signing - Kulikov, maybe not even that (I buy the "younger and faster" mantra, we'll have to sign some short contracts to fill our roster though, it won't be all prospects)
Other trade predictions - I think they'll try hard to move Soderberg but not sure if anyone's gonna bite. If he's moved, we won't give picks to another team for them to take him, UNLESS it's in the form of paying VGK to take Soderberg over Pickard.
If Barrie or Landy gets moved, I think we'll all be disappointed with the return. Probably pieces like Eberle or Vatanen/Maatta coming back our way.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The one prediction I will make with 100% certainty: People will complain about it.

Hmmm

Feb 26, 2017
Avs offseason Predictions:
1st round selection (4) - Glass
2nd round selection (32) - ??
Duchene Trade return - I can see Vegas trading for him Dumba +3rd
Biggest UFA signing - crazy one Radulov
Other trade predictions - Landy- McAvoy + Barrie- RNH

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sakic will trade Duchene for a return that most Avs fans deem acceptable.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sakic will trade Duchene for a return that most Avs fans deem acceptable.

This is my biggest fear. I'm scared Sakic is going to trade him for a defenseman straight up just because the media and casual fans constantly **** and moan about the Avs D.

I fear a Duchene for Hamonic trade the most.

Pistache

Mar 25, 2009
Duchene for Hanifin + 1st round 2017 (12)
Trade Barrie for William Nylander
1st round selection (4) Heiskanen (12) Foote
2nd round selection (32) Oettinger

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I think the Avs will be more aggressive than we think in free agency/trading.

Colorado has $23 million in cap space. They will likely gain more (when) Matt Duchene's $6 million is traded for player(s) who likely have a lower cap hit. However, I think this will balance out due to the re-signings of Andrighetto, Nieto, and Zadorov.

With roughly $20-22 million in cap space, and no one left to re-sign, I could see the Avs trying to entice a big fish - like Kevin Shattenkirk (though I think he's going to NYR for sure). I still think the Avs will kick the tires.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I think the Avs will be more aggressive than we think in free agency/trading.

Colorado has $23 million in cap space. They will likely gain more (when) Matt Duchene's $6 million is traded for player(s) who likely have a lower cap hit. However, I think this will balance out due to the re-signings of Andrighetto, Nieto, and Zadorov.

With roughly $20-22 million in cap space, and no one left to re-sign, I could see the Avs trying to entice a big fish - like Kevin Shattenkirk (though I think he's going to NYR for sure). I still think the Avs will kick the tires.

Sakic said on Denver radio (Altitude 950) about a month ago that the Avs would be quiet in free agency. I would expect some trades once the expansion draft plays out.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Avs offseason Predictions:

Duchene + Bigras - Hanifin + 12OA

1st round selection (4) - Vilardi (I do not think Heiskanen makes it to us)
1st round selection (12) - Foote (because you know they wont be able to pass up the name)
2nd round selection (32) - Lind (just a gut feeling)
Biggest UFA signing - Jordan Weal (seriously, nothing major I am hoping)
Other trade predictions - Barrie for Galchenyuk, just to **** of Habs fans :)

Caveat: If Heiskanen does make it to us, and/or they go with Makar, then the 12 pick becomes a W: Pettersen if there, or Tolvanen/Suzuki. And 32 becomes maybe Comtois or Jokiharju.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I doubt we are on his trade list, but I would much prefer the Avs to use their cap space target a guy like Phaneuf and pick up some extra assets for the favor. Though that ship may have sailed with expansion today.

I have been saying this for a while now though.. once the chips fall after expansion, I would look to do a cap space trade rather than break the bank in free agency with a poor class. Better to save that money and spend big in the years to come.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
One last off the wall prediction before the craziness...

while we are all waiting for the Duchene bomb to drop... we get news that Sakic is out as GM and moved up to president while Patrick Roy comes in to be the new GM. That would stir the pot. :)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
One last off the wall prediction before the craziness...

while we are all waiting for the Duchene bomb to drop... we get news that Sakic is out as GM and moved up to president while Patrick Roy comes in to be the new GM. That would stir the pot. :)

Right after that we hear about the Avs sending Leon an offer-sheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad