Speculation: Offseason moves

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
So judging by those future lines, safe to say that by the time the Ottawa Senators hit the ice for the 2013-2014 season, they'll have 3 scoring lines. Amazing. Who says bottom 6 get limited ice time? I'd like to see them get the same amount as the second line. What happens to Michalek? Does Latendresse get re-signed? Condra?

Michalek - Spezza - xxxxxx
Conacher - Turris - Alfredsson?
Silferverberg - Zibanejad - xxxxxx
Greening - Smith - Neil

O'Brien

Why are people putting Silfver and Zibby on the third line?

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005

Zibanejad is better as a centre and Spezza + Turris are ahead of him. Silfverberg plays better with Zibanejad, so he plays with Zibanejad.

Call Turris's line the 3rd line if it makes you feel better.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The only reason why Zibanejad and Silfv playing on the third line is because they have chemistry together and the depth make it look like they are in the third line.

I'm willing to bet that they become our 1B line next year. They will still all get top minutes to perform.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006

Havlat played on the 3rd line as a Senator and he put up plenty of points in that capacity.

It's not about "where" they are on the depth chart as much as it's about creating matchup problems for other teams. Keeping that 3rd line together for an entire season could potentially be a matchup nightmare.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
The only reason why Zibanejad and Silfv playing on the third line is because they have chemistry together and the depth make it look like they are in the third line.

I'm willing to bet that they become our 1B line next year. They will still all get top minutes to perform.

Yeah, I could see us basically having a Line 1, Line 2A, Line 2B set. Not to mention spreading out the offense can be good

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The beauty of having depth in scoring is that you can roll 3 lines almost equally and it's nearly impossible to match-up well against it.

Michalek & Spezza
Turris & Alfie
Zibanejad & Silfverberg

That right there has a ton of potential for 3 scoring lines that will make it very tough to stop this team from scoring next year, especially if you consider that next year you'll have Karlsson, Gonchar (maybe) and Wiercioch supporting from the blueline.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've been thinking, I love Michalek but with his past injury history and the way we've been playing, I would definitely package him with another asset for a younger or same player capability.

Michalek for Glencross

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Okay.

After reading all your responses I do see your point.

I just don't want them to become a "real" third line, getting 11-12 minutes per game and no PP-time. That would ruin them both.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I dont hate losing regin, i just wish we could have gotten something in return. Seems like bad asset management

gatosauce12345

Jan 6, 2011
Does anyone feel so comfortable in the kid line that Turris can move over to Spezza's wing?

Michalek -Spezza -Turris
Conacher/Alfredsson -Zibanejad -Silfverberg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wouldn't mind seeing Murray add a top 6 powerforward & top 4 defenceman under 30 yrs old this summer if teams need to dump salary & they become available & they would come to Ottawa. Otherwise, we have a full compliment of NHL players for next season & can continue to build through the draft & make trades for key players that fill our needs works pretty well too. We have the players in the system to fill our needs at some point, it's just when they will be at the level we need them to be. Getting a couple of UFAs that are already at the level we need would give our young guys more time to develop.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Does anyone feel so comfortable in the kid line that Turris can move over to Spezza's wing?

Michalek -Spezza -Turris
Conacher/Alfredsson -Zibanejad -Silfverberg

Nah,

I would rather

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Lats - Turris - Alfy
Conacher - Zib - Silf

Greening and Lats being interchangeable with each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->