Offseason Defencemen Rankings #1

Who is the best defenceman in the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hedman #1 as of right now - you know what you get

Makar probably #1 starting next year

On the contrary. Hedman has been playing with significant injuries for much of the last few years and has been very erratic with his play at times.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Read it as "offensive Defencemen Rankings" by mistake. I mean I honestly might still choose Makar in that case but its tougher lol.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hedman. Still think he's the best combination of offense, defense, and size (the latter being handy when dealing with the way the playoffs are officiated and having to physically battle for space out there).

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
As a Rangers fan, Makar slightly followed by Fox. Fox better defensively, Makar is much more dynamic and impacts the game a bit more on a shift to shift basis. Fox plays it really cool and sometimes goes unnoticed for a stretch. You really have to watch him closely to see his brilliance. But going forward Makar will be #1. Younger than Fox and will very likely age better assuming both stay healthy.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
How so? He's certainly not a top 15 defenseman in the league, which is the number of names listed

Oops, like these guys, I misread the title. "Offseason" and "Offensive" are very similar. There was really no reason for the OP to include "Offseason" in the title.

Read it as "offensive Defencemen Rankings" by mistake. I mean I honestly might still choose Makar in that case but its tougher lol.

For the Offensive D Man last years leader doesn't make your list?

Reactions: Regal

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The most poignant thing about this poll is the lack of Erik Karlsson. What a fall from 2016 when we all thought he might be the best player in the league.

Also notable that the Norris trophy winner from just two seasons ago isn't an option. Things can change fast in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->