Value of: (Offseason) Coyle to NJD

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m sure realistically Fenton would be looking for something around Johansson, Bratt or Wood but I’m not interested in any of that. Not too much about your prospect pool is very enticing either. And your first is too high to trade for Coyle as well.

I don’t see a fit.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’m sure realistically Fenton would be looking for something around Johansson, Bratt or Wood but I’m not interested in any of that. Not too much about your prospect pool is very enticing either. And your first is too high to trade for Coyle as well.

I don’t see a fit.
Johansson? Wood? Don't see how they would be at all attractive to MN, though with Fenton in charge, who knows? Haven't kept up with how Bratt is doing.
I don't see Coyle being moved, unless it is at the TDL next year. He checks too many boxes for the Wild, and at a low cap hit.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Didn't realize that Bratt was a LHS wing...so, no on him, too.

If he's untouchable, then there is no point in even talking.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I wouldn't be sending Wood or Bratt the other way for Coyle.

Wood's off the table, really?

I see his ceiling being less than Coyle's, if I'm being honest. Coyle seems like more of a sure-thing to me at this point as far as being a useful hockey player.. Wood has been completely awful this year. Perhaps it makes sense to not 'sell low' on him, but man.. I think a Coyle for Wood swap would be very one-sided in the favor of the Devils.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Wood's off the table, really?

I see his ceiling being less than Coyle's, if I'm being honest. Coyle seems like more of a sure-thing to me at this point as far as being a useful hockey player.. Wood has been completely awful this year. Perhaps it makes sense to not 'sell low' on him, but man.. I think a Coyle for Wood swap would be very one-sided in the favor of the Devils.

I'm probably being bias... I really like what Wood brings to the table. Hes my gfs fav player so I'm constantly watching him as well. In fact hes probably the player I watch most in the league. Man if he just fixes a couple stuff he will absolutely shred. I think that's very possible, and I'm worried Wild would do exactly that.

Really what's going through my head is Wood still has a lot of potential, you can't just give up on a guy like him. Now I'm not saying Wood =Coyle in value currently. 1/1 Devils would win the trade rn... Which wouldn't be the case. They would have to add a bit. So now your losing a younger player with lots of potential and a possible pick that could be someone promising, For a solid player in Coyle. But what would he do for the Devils rn? Hes 3 years older than Wood, Devils probably wont be competing for a cup before 3 years. I'd rather have a 26yr old Wood (and who knows maybe a solid pick) than a 29yr old Coyle in 3 years when the Devils prospects are older and more experienced.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
if you're the Wild, you ask for Butcher,
it may be time to shake up that vaunted young-ish Wild D corps

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Knowing almost nothing about Michael McLeod, maybe something like him and a relatively high pick?
Nope. I wouldnt trade McLeod straight up for Coyle.

They only assets NJ have to trade for forwards is 2nd and 3rd round picks.

The likes of Butcher, Severson and Vatanen could be available in a trade but the team would need a top 4 D in return.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Wood has been completely awful this year. Perhaps it makes sense to not 'sell low' on him, but man.. I think a Coyle for Wood swap would be very one-sided in the favor of the Devils.
Wood has been really good with Zajac and Coleman last 15-20 games. Before that he was awful.

I would trade Wood for Coyle.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Unless it’s at a real bargain, which Wild fans seem to think isn’t the case, the Devils don’t need someone like Coyle who is a consistent .5 ppg forward who will soon be one year away from being a UFA. Good player to have, but the Devils jettisoned a similar player in Henrique not that long ago. If they wanted they could probably give Johannson an extension right now and get the same thing.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Unless it’s at a real bargain, which Wild fans seem to think isn’t the case, the Devils don’t need someone like Coyle who is a consistent .5 ppg forward who will soon be one year away from being a UFA. Good player to have, but the Devils jettisoned a similar player in Henrique not that long ago. If they wanted they could probably give Johannson an extension right now and get the same thing.
Coyle and Johansson are completely different players. Yeah, both are .5 ppg forwards, but Coyle is much tougher and more versatile than MoJo. For instance in the defensive zone MoJo is quite useless. Of course the difference here is that the Devils can re-sign with MoJo without giving assets.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Rask Decisions

Don't take it too seriously
Jul 6, 2006
Keansburg NJ
What about a signed Drew Stafford (3-4 year contract) for Coyle? Right handed shots are always a position of need for the Wild.
Stafford has had a good career - if he can return to being a 2o-goal forward, the Wild would win that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad