Officiating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I heard the food sucked too.

And some kids were making faces at the Russian players.

And the weather wasn't all that great either.

Also, the team bus had a rattle that was really annoying.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I tend to agree, I may have been biased but first two periods I was more than sure the officiating was not only brutal but somewhat biased...Every time Russia had the momentu going - there were two minutes handed out. I will not go as far as saying there was some conspiracy, but I agree with the thread starter....The first penalty on Canada in the second period??? Canada's players were running us left and right. so back to the first penalty - clear elbow to the head and boarding - 2 minutes - yeah right...

But overall we won and I am very happy, but lest not forget, the thread starter WAS right.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
i didnt watch the final, but i watched the swe-rus (semi final) and the swe-usa game, and I gotta say those refs were not doing their job.

against russia, just look at their second goal. Im not saying we would have won if that didnt happen, cuz russia was a lot better the first 2 periods.
and against the us, omg whenever an american fell to the ice they got a powerplay, but when the swedes were flying like ragdolls, nothing.

i hope in the future they try to get better refs, cuz its a shame when you talk about how bad they were when its a tournament like this one. it just shouldnt be an issue.

Sexington

Feb 6, 2007
Calgary, AB
There will always be questionable calls in any tournament in any country...

Plus the refs for the finals were not Canadian, one was American and the other was a Czech I believe. What possible reason do they have to be biased towards Canada?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Plus the refs for the finals were not Canadian, one was American and the other was a Czech I believe. What possible reason do they have to be biased towards Canada?

It doesn't matter.

You might as well sticky this thread for any future confrontation between Canada and Russia at any level.

One thing you don't see after all this is any Canadians blaming the officiating.

Must be a culture thing.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I thought the officiating seemed bias in some games mainly the gold medal game but a lot of it was the same mistakes you see in any professional game just ask Kerry Fraser.

Sexington

Feb 6, 2007
Calgary, AB
i hope in the future they try to get better refs, cuz its a shame when you talk about how bad they were when its a tournament like this one. it just shouldnt be an issue.

The problem with tournaments like these is that you bring referees from different countries with different styles and expect them to call games exactly the same. It's very different than say the NHL where the officials are sat down after every game and told which calls were good and which were bad from an NHL point of view.

Darth Sidious*

Congrats on beating Canada's "B" team. Your gold medal is very shiny.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Congrats on beating Canada's "B" team. Your gold medal is very shiny.

it is always your "B" team when you lose.

PS I have nothing aginst Canadian fans. Most of you are really classy and can handle the defeat. This thread is about officiating. Inconsistency (that our goal against Sweden) and bias (Canada in any game when things don't go their way completely).

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Yes, I'm sure the American, Czech and German officials got together before the game and said, "Canada needs this gold, let's gift wrap it for them".

Seriously, think about that for a minute.

Was the officiating great? Heck no, but it wasn't great all the way around.

Instead of whining, just enjoy the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad