Officially Eliminated

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
Just praying we stay 8-9 at this point. Good thing about this draft is there isn’t a huge difference between prospects 3-10 so we’ll hopefully get another foundation peice
I get a bit nauseous when I hear this term these days

But you're right, hopefully we get what we would consider foundational and not what Jim considers as such. I also agree that it looks like there's 2 guys in the draft with really good chances of being stars, and then about 8 guys who have good chances of being solid players/longshot chances of being stars. So I think we're likely to get a good player wherever we draft, but probably not a great player.

Reactions: timw33

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I get a bit nauseous when I hear this term these days

But you're right, hopefully we get what we would consider foundational and not what Jim considers as such. I also agree that it looks like there's 2 guys in the draft with really good chances of being stars, and then about 8 guys who have good chances of being solid players/longshot chances of being stars. So I think we're likely to get a good player wherever we draft, but probably not a great player.

I feel you man! Never forget “Brandon Suter is going to be a foundational piece”.

If we are fortunate enough to stay at 8-9 (god forbid Vancouver wins most of their reminding games) we should be in position to draft one of Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Dach or Krebs. All of whom should be really good top 6 players with a chance of being first line caliber guys.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Without Markstrom basically standing on his head and the fact that the bottom half of the Western Conference was basically a dog's breakfast this year, the Canucks would have been toast a month ago.

And despite all the hoopla over the younger players, if the Canucks were to basically bring back the same lineup next season they'd be dusting off the golf clubs even earlier next year.

I know it causes heart palpitations amongst the Canuck faithful, but this off-season is a huge one for this franchise. Oodles of cap space and holes everywhere, along with a GM battling to save his job. It's the recipe for a 'white-knuckle' off-season.

Reactions: I in the Eye

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
I know it causes heart palpitations amongst the Canuck faithful, but this off-season is a huge one for this franchise. Oodles of cap space and holes everywhere, along with a GM battling to save his job. It's the recipe for a 'white-knuckle' off-season.

Hopefully Luongo retires and cuts into some of the available funds at the GM's disposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->