OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
"Dunkirk" drawing Saving Private Ryan comparisons. IGN gives it a 9.5. Gotta see it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Nolan is awesome but even my Dad who is very familiar with this bit of WW2 history was completely puzzled how this was made into a movie, hah.

It's an event that's taught about in history a lot more in Europe than it is here (given that it happened before the US became involved). It has enough notoriety worldwide to be worthy of a movie.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
It's an event that's taught about in history a lot more in Europe than it is here (given that it happened before the US became involved). It has enough notoriety worldwide to be worthy of a movie.

Yes, and it appears they break it into three different stories to show different perspectives on the events.

I read a couple reviews today. The critics seem to love it.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Hopefully the foreign box office proceeds do well then. I had no recollection of that historical event from my US education first hearing about the production so that could fit that narrative.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Im dying waiting on The Punisher to get released on Netflix. They still havent released a date (was supposed to have a panel at NYCCC but was cancelled with the stuff in Vegas)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Im dying waiting on The Punisher to get released on Netflix. They still havent released a date (was supposed to have a panel at NYCCC but was cancelled with the stuff in Vegas)

Bernthal is aS close to perfect as they’ll ever cast for this role IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He was good in that he’s a good actor. Bernthal’s demeanor in the role is much better. If they can make Tom Cruise look physically respectable, Bernthal’s size shouldnt detract from his portrayal IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I wanted to start Mindhunters but my wife wasn't into serial killers so we settled on aliens and weird kids instead.

Some things you have to take on alone dude...

If I only watched what my wife likes, I’d miss out on 70% of the great content.

Loved Stranger Things season 1. Saving season 2 for now. Too much content too little time...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Some things you have to take on alone dude...

If I only watched what my wife likes, I’d miss out on 70% of the great content.

Loved Stranger Things season 1. Saving season 2 for now. Too much content too little time...

Oh, I know. We just have no free time right now between two full-time jobs and two kids. We normally get about an hour of free time to spend together each night before we pass out and start again the next day, so I don't really have a lot of "me" time to watch what I want to watch.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
We've only watched the first 2 episodes of Mindhunters. So far I really like it. Not sure what the hubby thinks exactly. Not wowed by Deuce yet. Trying to give it time. The Wire needed time to come together, and I'm hoping this will too, but so far, meh. Haven't started Stranger Things 2 yet. Also working our way through the latest season of Ray Donovan. It's killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad