Official: Toronto Maple Leafs Optimism Thread

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I still think the Leafs can make the playoffs - and I'm surprised so many have given up on them (yes, they've lost a bunch in a row...). Only 2 points out, and they have the easiest schedule remaining.

None of the 4 teams hovering around 80 points has been very good of late.

Columbus has a tough schedule remaining, as does Detroit. And Washington has a 4 game road trip coming up, and then finish at home with games against Chicago and Tampa Bay.

There is no such thing as an "easier" schedule when you've lost 8 straight and have one of the worst GAA in the league.

Devils are 1 back of the Leafs now and the Sens are 2 back, each with a game in hand.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
The positives to remember:
1) Beating the Red Wings at the Winter Classic
2) Everything comes in threes, so there shouldn't be a collapse next year
3) Jermaine Defoe was the biggest acquisition in TFC history, but David Clarkson has one more goal than he does
4) Phaneuf has a really nice accessories case
5) The Miami Heat are a powerhouse contender on the brink of a dynasty, yet, the Leafs are tied with them for the numbers of hockey games won in the last two weeks

Kudos. :handclap: I couldn't put a more positive spin on winning the lottery

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
things are too tense in Leafsnation right now. All they need is ONE win to ease all the tension. Even our best players are at each others throats.

rbmnoh.jpg

But all the Leafs love the captain. :laugh::laugh:

When he is traded and it will happen sooner than most think. It will mark the date that we turned the rudderless ship around!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad