OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI : Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms out at ‘The NFL Today’ in major CBS shakeup

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
There are a bunch of Ethics laws that prevent government workers in certain roles from going to work for companies which have government contracts which may be a conflict of interest (which in my experience only apply to those who don't have the big connections the contractors are looking for). Those are enforceable. But in general, if they ain't paying you, they can't tell you where you can or cannot work. Period.
Obviously government entities are in a different category but we will see how the FTC's ruling in April impacts them. the recommendation is to bar all non competes at least in everything I have read.

I was really surprised that broadcasting was on the list in MA. I never thought there were any exceptions.

Reactions: jgatie

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
How so? Lombardi is a clown and living off his relationship with Belichick. Now that Bill is gone, he's got zero value.

Well, my question concerned "Fegler." I haven't listened to sports radio in at least fifteen years but I'd be delighted to see Mike in a body bag (metaphorically).

I have no idea who "Lombardi" is, unless Vince has risen from the grave, and care even less.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins after the break and loss to Flames - 10 a.m. Thursday 02.08.24​

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on slumping Bruins - 1 p.m. Sunday 02.18.24​

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Dan Shaughnessy’s column will not appear in the Globe while he is recovering from heart surgery. Shaughnessy is resting and healing at home, and would like readers to know he will respond to emails and those who have reached out to him when he is able to return to work. He also expressed great appreciation for all of his caregivers at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

The Globe will update readers when Shaughnessy is ready to resume writing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Listening to Phil Perry and Matt McCarthy. They’re really good together. Refreshing from the beyond stale Beetle/Zo show. Hitting on every sport and not just recycled football talk.
McCarthy nailed the Bruins - best summation I’ve heard by any radio host

The baseball talk is fantastic - they are questioning the Red Sox plan if they even have one as much as bashing them

Great show

Bertrand is terrible

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
On the morning show am I the only one who can't tell Hardy and Ryan Johnston apart? Because it's basically the exact same show whether Hardy is the or Ryan is subbing, the only difference is that Ryan mentions Philadelphia several times a day where Hardy would mention Detroit.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
On the morning show am I the only one who can't tell Hardy and Ryan Johnston apart? Because it's basically the exact same show whether Hardy is the or Ryan is subbing, the only difference is that Ryan mentions Philadelphia several times a day where Hardy would mention Detroit.
And Fred is a jack

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Someone called into Toucher and Hardy his morning and asked them whether any of them have heard from Rich. Wallach said he got a text from him on Thanksgiving and nobody has heard from him since. None of them have even got an email from listeners claiming they've seen Rich out and about anywhere, so he's pretty much completely disappeared off the grid.

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Someone called into Toucher and Hardy his morning and asked them whether any of them have heard from Rich. Wallach said he got a text from him on Thanksgiving and nobody has heard from him since. None of them have even got an email from listeners claiming they've seen Rich out and about anywhere, so he's pretty much completely disappeared off the grid.
If/when he does come back out, it sure as hell won’t be in Boston or even New England for that matter. Guessing he pissed a lot of people off with the way he went out. Dan O’Brian and Mike Lockhart have said in the Twitch stream that it’s a much better atmosphere since the breakup. This tells me that Rick was simply a dink. People that just disappear to not have to face any consequences are the absolute worst.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think the Sox radio booth is the best sports broadcast we got in the city, this is good news

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on slumping Bruins as Knights come to town - 10 a.m. Thursday 02.29.24​

Babajingo

Turn on BZ this morning. They have a long segment on a retiring Philly Eagle Lineman and nothing on the Bruins. Too bad, I love their anchor crews, especially the morning. But their sports has really fallen a long way from the past. Now they are just Pats/NFL shills. Naoko is back in town on Ch5. Maybe its time to switch.

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1