OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI : Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms out at ‘The NFL Today’ in major CBS shakeup

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on the Bruins preparing for first-round series against Toronto - 10 a.m. Thursday 04.18.24​

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Johnston would have been the best option. Would have given them someone who actually knows hockey

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Without it even being a negative against him, i thought Johnston fit the show the worst of all the fill ins. They don't need a hockey guy because it's really a football show that only briefly talks about anything else. I was hoping it would be Phil Perry but his schedule during football season probably made that unlikely. McKone personality wise fits a show with Zolak on it.

Mike Monaco is doing the Canucks game for espn. Is he the most likely Jack replacement considering he already works for the network when O'Brien isn't there?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Without it even being a negative against him, i thought Johnston fit the show the worst of all the fill ins. They don't need a hockey guy because it's really a football show that only briefly talks about anything else. I was hoping it would be Phil Perry but his schedule during football season probably made that unlikely. McKone personality wise fits a show with Zolak on it.

Mike Monaco is doing the Canucks game for espn. Is he the most likely Jack replacement considering he already works for the network when O'Brien isn't there?
Alex Faust.... Monaco likely does Worcester games when they're televised....

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Yeh horrible

Talented and enjoyed him when I listened

Meanwhile nice guy but not exactly what I want on sports knowledge and just a troll, Joe Murray has his own show lol
I find Joe Murray unlistenable. Felger and Mazz have hit on this but it's always extremely difficult to understand the point Joe is making and he just has you totally confused by the end of his take.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I find Joe Murray unlistenable. Felger and Mazz have hit on this but it's always extremely difficult to understand the point Joe is making and he just has you totally confused by the end of his take.
I’m 100 % with you -I guess being jolly is good. I wonder if he’s stoned and just starts rambling and goes in many directions. I was surprised he said he’s 42 I thought he was in late 20’s the way he says he’s out all the time.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Bruins’ better halves have a new Insta account
IMG_5759.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor