OT: Official Sports Media Thread VIII - Milbury out as NBC hockey analyst after 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Its surprising they have not changed the call letters yet. I thought the CBS IP's had a time limit on how long the stations could use them i could be wrong though.

It is complicated - Entercom in the sale contract was given the right to keep the calls as WBZ-AM is the original callsign.

Technically iHeart is now the owner of that call and they have elected to let Channel 4 keep WBZ-TV and Beasley WBZ-FM.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Nice to hear the ever classy Chris Nilan say how much he "hates bullies" and that it's gutless to "prey" on those "weaker" than you on his radio show today.

Tell me Chris, how do you feel about unprovoked butt ends to the teeth of Lady Byng Candidates?

Scum bag!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nice to hear the ever classy Chris Nilan say how much he "hates bullies" and that it's gutless to "prey" on those "weaker" than you on his radio show today.

Tell me Chris, how do you feel about unprovoked butt ends to the teeth of Lady Byng Candidates?

Scum bag!

Exactly. Love when bullies sit around and pontificate about how terrible bullies are. Uh, really? No shit Chris.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Scum bag!

Boycott MTL radio!

Reactions: sarge88

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Lots of Austin Matthews griping in Hogtown. Leafs celebrating close losses!

TSN Toronto

A few years ago I was dogging on the Leafs and a friend told me to watch out, they are going to be eating the Bruins lunch soon. I replied that they haven't been able to straighten out that organization since I was in short pants, and I don't see it happening anytime soon. This friend also told me Spooner, and later Donato, were surefire All Stars in this league.

Not that I'm keeping score or anything . . .

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Say what you want about Felger and Mazz, but they opened the show with charity pitches and this segment with the couple that runs Christmas in the City is perhaps the most genuine I’ve ever seen from them. I’m watching on tv and Felger is 100 percent invested in everything his guests are saying. Very heart warming.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Say what you want about Felger and Mazz, but they opened the show with charity pitches and this segment with the couple that runs Christmas in the City is perhaps the most genuine I’ve ever seen from them. I’m watching on tv and Felger is 100 percent invested in everything his guests are saying. Very heart warming.

Just makes it that much more obvious their regular "personalities" are just shtick. In a rare show of candor last week, when a caller told them to stop their stupid take on Tuukka Rask; seeing how he's in the top 3 goalies in all categories, Felger replied "We are not going to stop. This is what we do."

That's why I very rarely listen, but "All I Want for Christmas is You" was on the SiriusXM Holly channel and I had to switch to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad