OT: Official Sports Media Thread VIII - Milbury out as NBC hockey analyst after 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
When WNAC-TV had their license revoked by the FCC the final thing they showed was the anthem

The only Boston channel that didn't show the anthem was WGBH - They just begged for money

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon Eric and BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Haggs is off the Sports Hub hockey show this year in favor of Ty Anderson. Good call. He'll have to find another platform to espouse and defend his annual Tuukka Rask Hot Take this year.
Should've happened years ago.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Survey in the Boston Herald:

The New England Patriots are the most popular Boston-area professional sports franchise, and the Herald’s Karen Guregian, who has covered the Patriots for 22 years, is among the region’s favorite sportswriters, according to the recently released New England Sports Survey fan opinion poll.

The survey, conducted and sponsored by Channel Media and Market Research, was a snapshot of fans across the six New England states. In all, more than 16,000 people completed the survey. Forty percent of respondents were from Massachusetts, 77 percent were male, and 33 percent were between the ages of 25 and 34.

Patriots are regional favorites in fan survey; Red Sox slide

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BEASLEY Sports WBZ-F (98.5 THE SPORTS HUB)/BOSTON PD MIKE THOMAS has announced that he is leaving to take the Market Manager position at GOOD KARMA BRANDS Sports WMVP-A (ESPN 1000)/CHICAGO effective in JANUARY, enabling him to be closer to family, but will continue to consult the SPORTS HUB.

“This was an incredibly difficult decision. This radio station is a once in a career station, with a once in a career staff,” said THOMAS. “I would like to thank CAROLINE and BRIAN BEASLEY and the entire corporate team for everything. Locally, MARY MENNA, CADILLAC JACK and BUZZ KNIGHT have been fantastic to work with! I also want to thank every single SPORTS HUB employee for 10 years of winning! I know our relationships won’t end here.”

“As a lifelong CHICAGO sports fan, this is a dream come true,” added THOMAS in GOOD KARMA's release. “It’s so exciting as ESPN 1000 CHICAGO has a great team, loyal advertising partners and passionate fans. This also gives me the opportunity to be close to my family and work with a company who, like me, has MIDWEST roots and a passion for sports!”

“It has been a privilege and a pleasure working closely with MIKE over the past couple of years,” said BEASLEY BOSTON VP/Market Manager MARY MENNA. “He is a true talent who has built an amazing, iconic brand. I wish our time together was longer, but wish him every happiness as he starts his MIDWEST adventure.”

“I want to thank MIKE for the instrumental part he has played in leading our award-winning brand throughout its first decade, and wish him continued success in his next chapter,” said BEASLEY Director of Programming CADILLAC JACK. “They’re big shoes to fill, and we look forward to meeting a lot of great talent in the process as the coming days and weeks unfold.”

GOOD KARMA Founder/CEO CRAIG KARMAZIN added, “We’re thrilled to welcome MIKE THOMAS to the team. He is the epitome of best-in-class and his expertise, passion for CHICAGO sports and sports-radio experience will elevate what already is a powerhouse brand.”

That leaves THE SPORTS HUB looking for a new PD. The station is the flagship for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS, BOSTON BRUINS, BOSTON CELTICS, and NEW ENGLAND REVLOUTION. Send resume and materials to [email protected].

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Funny as hell listening to Beatle complain about the bruins adding seats and taking away space

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Greg Bedard slowly to back out as Patriots Insider for Felger & Mazz, among other interests,
as he goes to Las Vegas Review Journal to help them gear up for the Raiders arrival there.....

he'll remain involved at BSJ, BUT we may not see him on air or online as much.....

link: www.bostonsportsjournal.com/ 2019/10/08/bedard-personal-site-news/

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Dave Goucher made right call in moving to Vegas - The Boston Globe

Hello Sheriff Shane!

IENLMUXKF4I6TATHRNGBNQO5DA.jpg

Reactions: Alicat

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
When did NBC Sports Boston stop airing the final hour of Felger and Mazz? Work at home a couple days a week and noticed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad