OT: Official Sports Media Thread VIII - Milbury out as NBC hockey analyst after 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What makes this even laughable is that the podcast gave him the opportunity to remove that part of the interview and he declined to.

We don't know what is in JR's employee file but I would imagine the employment lawyers over at NBC Sports looked over everything before the plug was pulled.

They'll settle before it ever gets to discovery.

After Matt Lauer, NBC/Universal moved the main HR office to Philadelphia where Comcast has HQ.

Reactions: Alicat

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
just something to look at for a few seconds.

Limn-perpetual 7.5ftx8ftJPG.JPG

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If everyone was treated equally for their big mouths and **** they say there would be no tv,radio, or "sport" talk radio.

The network though his shtick was funny that's why they hired him in the first place. Nooooow they are offended? LOL frauds.

I hope he gets millions and I don't like him either

Can’t believe I have to say this in here for the 1,000th time

YOU CANNOT TALK ABOUT f***ING YOUR COWORKER.

What planet do you people live on?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Is Anti-Straight Discrimination even a real thing?

NBC could have canned him simply for being awful and saved themselves the hassle...
He'll certainly try to assert that it is by using equal opportunity laws.

A new article also states that he is also suing the network because they are discriminating against him due to his political beliefs

Here is the article

Jeremy Roenick sues NBC claiming anti-straight discrimination in firing

Like I said in a previous post, the case will get settled out of court.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It also depends on what his lawyer has on NBC- I'll bet JR has stuff on NBC that his former bosses do not want to become public information.

They deserved one another.
It is going to be an interesting case no doubt.

I'm hoping that sports lawyer Daniel Wallach covers it on his podcast Conduct Detrimental.

Reactions: BMC

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The Toucher & Rich show was quite the spectacle Tuesday morning as Fred came on late & somewhat “out of sorts” announcing live on the air his wife was divorcing him. He was in no condition to be on the air. Feel for him, divorce is never easy, especially with kids involved.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Toucher & Rich show was quite the spectacle Tuesday morning as Fred came on late & somewhat “out of sorts” announcing live on the air his wife was divorcing him. He was in no condition to be on the air. Feel for him, divorce is never easy, especially with kids involved.

Wow. Someone should have known better than to let him go on if this was his mental status. He posted some really strange stuff on IG over the last few weeks, so it all is making some sense finally. Has to be really difficult to go through something like that in real time and in a very public manner.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wow. Someone should have known better than to let him go on if this was his mental status. He posted some really strange stuff on IG over the last few weeks, so it all is making some sense finally. Has to be really difficult to go through something like that in real time and in a very public manner.
I just hope he's getting the help and support he needs at this difficult time.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
His co-hosts certainly tried convincing him to head home and get off the air. Hopefully he gets the helps he needs and is back on air soon. He’s an integral part of that morning show.

Reactions: mel

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
His co-hosts certainly tried convincing him to head home and get off the air. Hopefully he gets the helps he needs and is back on air soon. He’s an integral part of that morning show.

I'm sure they knew and were aware he wasn't in the right shape or mental state, but even before it got to the on air hosts, where was the producer for the show? Seems crazy he'd be allowed on air and then melt down like that without someone stepping in before it happened.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I'm surprised she put up with him for as long as she did. Assuming his real life persona is similar to his radio one, dude's kind of an unstable a-hole.

Reactions: dabid and mel

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm surprised she put up with him for as long as she did. Assuming his real life persona is similar to his radio one, dude's kind of an unstable a-hole.
You have no idea what he's like off air or how he is with her family. This post is straight garbage.

Reactions: LSCII

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
I'm sure they knew and were aware he wasn't in the right shape or mental state, but even before it got to the on air hosts, where was the producer for the show? Seems crazy he'd be allowed on air and then melt down like that without someone stepping in before it happened.

Maybe the producer was hoping to get some really wacky content that would go viral? Not that it's good or fair to Fred to do so.

Reactions: LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I wanted to listen to yesterday's T&R to hear the drama but it looks like they scrubbed it from the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->