OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I have a question. Why did Felger and Mazz call today.. BRUINS GAMEDAY as part of their show?

Did they talk Bruins for even a second?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I have a question. Why did Felger and Mazz call today.. BRUINS GAMEDAY as part of their show?

Didn't listen, but I'm assuming they were broadcasting from the Garden since it was a home game that night.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Didn’t listen but from what I have been reading in here lately I am willing to bet they were doing nothing but *****ing about McAvoy and Rask
Of course. Stir up the pot. That’s how Felger gets ratings and clicks. A wonder he doesn’t work for ESPN. How’s that worked for WEEI, and ESPN?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

I’m assuming it’s part of the deal between the station and the club. Zolak and Bertrand do the same thing when they broadcast from Warrior.

I’d imagine in both cases, the hosts/producers still get to determine the content of the show.

Reactions: TP

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
So I thought I would give 98.5 this afternoon F&M, holy crap this is awfull. Their backs stink Brady can’t come back anymore and on and on it goes.
Switching to music

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
After health scare, WBZ Radio’s Jonny Miller headed back to Fort Myers

Miller has recovered well and will be heading to Fort Myers Friday for his 45th spring training.
He joked that he has his first question for Cora already in mind:

“What happened in the World Series, Games 3, 4 and 5?’’ he said with a laugh during a phone conversation Wednesday. “What happened? Did they win?”

The first question to ask Miller was an obvious one: How are you doing?

“I feel normal right now,’’ he said. “I feel good, like I did before.”

He acknowledged that it had been “a tough eight or nine weeks” at the beginning, first in the Colorado hospital and then at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, where he spent six weeks. He had one more appointment with his doctor Thursday before leaving, and he has made some concessions to his health.

“For the first time since 1975, I’m going to fly instead of driving there,” he said. But he notes with understandable pride that he got clearance to drive a car again this week.

He stays in the same place every year, close to JetBlue Park. He’ll be there early, of course, but not as early as intended — his plan before suffering the stroke was to head down Dec. 23.

He said there are plans for NBC News’s Harry Smith to visit and do a story on him sometime in the spring. But he’ll get right to work on Monday.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Flipping the channels and came across a show called American nightmare on the ID channel. Covering the shocking murder of former Bruin John Carter’s ex-girlfriend and 13-year-old daughter in Woburn a few years back. Just a horrible story.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Flipping the channels and came across a show called American nightmare on the ID channel. Covering the shocking murder of former Bruin John Carter’s ex-girlfriend and 13-year-old daughter in Woburn a few years back. Just a horrible story.
I remember that case. Absolutely horrifying

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

What made it even worse for him is that everyone in Woburn pretty much assumed/speculated that Carter did it. He couldn't even show his face in his home town. Was really sad and all because his exes neighbor was a predator.

Coinneach

Feb 1, 2014
Czech Republic
DAN SHAUGHNESSY, CHAD FINN,.. - why they dont like hockey?

I decided to follow Dan Shaughnessy, Chad Finn and other Boston sport columnist on Twitter to have knowledge about sport scene in Boston. But no one writes about Bruins. Its only Pats, Sox and Celts.

Then I found this article by Shaughnessy from 2011:

"The Boston Bruins don't share the numbers that the Sox, Pats and Celts enjoy. A sports census would rank the B's a distant fourth in our region."

He writes about Bruins like about niche sport team in Massachusetts.

In 2017 he wrote:

"There is little dispute as to where the Bruins rank on the local sports totem pole at this hour. In terms of overall interest and championship hopes, they are a distant fourth. When it comes to fireworks and buzz, the local hockey team ranks far behind the Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics."

Dan Shaughnessy: For Bruins, four is a lowly number nowadays - The Boston Globe

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Anyone watch The Road to the Winter Classic show

I kind of feel bad since he’s obviously young and new to it, but the segments they had with the coaches made me really happy we have Cassidy

All the coaching tips he was giving out felt like actually helpful, meanwhile the Hawks coach just stuck with generic “let’s go boys it’s a tie game it’s anyones game” motivational type stuff and no real substance

It’s gotta be weird for some of the veterans on the Hawks to have a coach so young

Reactions: Alicat

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Anyone watch The Road to the Winter Classic show

I kind of feel bad since he’s obviously young and new to it, but the segments they had with the coaches made me really happy we have Cassidy

All the coaching tips he was giving out felt like actually helpful, meanwhile the Hawks coach just stuck with generic “let’s go boys it’s a tie game it’s anyones game” motivational type stuff and no real substance

It’s gotta be weird for some of the veterans on the Hawks to have a coach so young
I thought very much the same while watching that. I would imagine that very well could be what Cassidy was like his first go around.

Reactions: Pay Carl

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
DAN SHAUGHNESSY, CHAD FINN,.. - why they dont like hockey?

I decided to follow Dan Shaughnessy, Chad Finn and other Boston sport columnist on Twitter to have knowledge about sport scene in Boston. But no one writes about Bruins. Its only Pats, Sox and Celts.

Then I found this article by Shaughnessy from 2011:

"The Boston Bruins don't share the numbers that the Sox, Pats and Celts enjoy. A sports census would rank the B's a distant fourth in our region."

He writes about Bruins like about niche sport team in Massachusetts.

In 2017 he wrote:

"There is little dispute as to where the Bruins rank on the local sports totem pole at this hour. In terms of overall interest and championship hopes, they are a distant fourth. When it comes to fireworks and buzz, the local hockey team ranks far behind the Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics."

Dan Shaughnessy: For Bruins, four is a lowly number nowadays - The Boston Globe
he writes about the Bruins like he hasn`t watched a game in years

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Because he hasn't. :)

I'm a broken record on this one but it always bothered me that Shaughnessy had the lead article in the Globe on the Bruins cup win in 2011. He was the last journalist who deserved that job. Cares nothing about the sport.

His column following the World Series win in '04 was the laziest, most predictable version of that column possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->