OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Kirk's departure has not hurt the morning show ratings at all.

WEEI's biggest headache is they have no answer for Felger and Mazz

In afternoon drive, The Sports Hub’s “Felger and Massarotti” program was first (15.3) while WEEI’s “OMF” program was second (7.2, including 1.3 for WVEI/streaming).

The Sports Hub wins all-important fall Nielsen Audio ratings in most coveted demographic - The Boston Globe
I always say to each their own but I just don’t know how people listen to Mazz.

Meanwhile Ty Anderson who used to tear Felger a new one on his hockey knowledge when he was with WEEI is doing a great job on the Hockey Show right now.

Reactions: sarge88

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

In afternoon drive, The Sports Hub’s “Felger and Massarotti” program was first (15.3) while WEEI’s “OMF” program was second (7.2, including 1.3 for WVEI/streaming).

The Sports Hub wins all-important fall Nielsen Audio ratings in most coveted demographic - The Boston Globe

Thought I saw December's numbers for The Racist and Flavorless Mayo in the morning were real bad for EEI.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thought I saw December's numbers for The Racist and Flavorless Mayo in the morning were real bad for EEI.

They were fine in the demo

In the most competitive day part, morning drive, The Sports Hub’s “Toucher and Rich” program was first (10.5) while WEEI’s programming — which switched from the “Kirk and Callahan” program to the “Mut and Callahan” program when host Kirk Minihane announced in mid-November he was leaving to host his own show on Radio.com — was second (10.2, or 8.4 plus 1.8 for WVEI/streaming).

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They were fine in the demo

In the most competitive day part, morning drive, The Sports Hub’s “Toucher and Rich” program was first (10.5) while WEEI’s programming — which switched from the “Kirk and Callahan” program to the “Mut and Callahan” program when host Kirk Minihane announced in mid-November he was leaving to host his own show on Radio.com — was second (10.2, or 8.4 plus 1.8 for WVEI/streaming).

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Meanwhile Ty Anderson who used to tear Felger a new one on his hockey knowledge when he was with WEEI is doing a great job on the Hockey Show right now.

The disdain I have for Felger and Mazz, dating back to their WEEI days is immeasurable.

I get why people hate Callahan and Minihane.....but to me those two are not only arrogant, they’re not particularly astute about sports or anything else really.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Felger & Mazz have added a layer of making fun of themselves and being a bit more easy going and it’s working. I can listen to them much more than before. Mazz catches crap as a dummy sometimes but he’s very bright and a good guy. He helped me out with something non sports related and he gets an A plus plus. Love Mazz

Reactions: smithformeragent

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Felger & Mazz have added a layer of making fun of themselves and being a bit more easy going and it’s working. I can listen to them much more than before. Mazz catches crap as a dummy sometimes but he’s very bright and a good guy. He helped me out with something non sports related and he gets an A plus plus. Love Mazz
Didn’t you just kill Felger a couple of weeks ago on his hockey take?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is got to be the funniest clip I have heard puhahhaha

Listen to SQUEAKY MAZZ AGAINST THE WIND by Hardy985 #np on #SoundCloud

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

After a year of Minihane I turned off EEI forever,and have never gone back after his departure. So Minihane resulted in at least the permanent loss of 1 listener,so I'm sure there are others.

Reactions: Hnidy Hnight

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If you’re favorite flavor is vanilla, favorite spice is salt, favorite color is beige, favorite player is Heinen, favorite car is a Hyundai Sonata and favorite food is buttered pasta....then it’s perfect.

What a low blow for Heinen, being equated to that morning show.

Minihane was an arrogant asshat. The show was awful when he was there, and it’s still pretty bad now with Mutt. I only hate it slightly less because they talk more sports than they did previously.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
After a year of Minihane I turned off EEI forever,and have never gone back after his departure. So Minihane resulted in at least the permanent loss of 1 listener,so I'm sure there are others.

Same here, everyday listener of the show since the 90’s. But Minnhane leaving, and WRKO shaking up morning drive, was final nail for me.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Ty is criminally under used as an on-air guy. He needs to be on the Hockey Show full time. Knows his shit, doesn't have an agenda unlike a certain someone on that show.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Same here, everyday listener of the show since the 90’s. But Minnhane leaving, and WRKO shaking up morning drive, was final nail for me.
I left because of Minihane staying,not because of Minihane's departure,now I don't give a damn,I've moved on.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What a low blow for Heinen, being equated to that morning show.

Minihane was an arrogant asshat. The show was awful when he was there, and it’s still pretty bad now with Mutt. I only hate it slightly less because they talk more sports than they did previously.

I thought people would think I was being insulting toward vanilla for comparing it to Heinen.
:)

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

if entercom wanted to compete with felger and Mazz they should find someone like da a young outsider who gets Boston sports

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad