OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I thought this was completely overblown. As Dan and Donnie said, Fauria can be dumb, but I don’t think he’s a racist.

I’m not sure if you heard the actual exchange, he wasn’t disparaging Don Yee imo (who speaks without an accent). He was disparaging Ron Borges for being stupid and falling for the prank.

Personally, I would file this one under insensitive and not very bright before racist.

ps Fauria recently took part in a panel at the AAJA (Asian American Journalists Association):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...istian-Fauria-faces-community-he-13148119.php

Reactions: sarge88

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Christian Fauria is a racist?

When did that happen?

When he attributed a really horrible stereotypical Asian accent to Tom Brady's agent because his last name is Yee.

Like it or not, this is the world we live in today. You cannot do something like that on a talk sports show now. Simple as that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
When he attributed a really horrible stereotypical Asian accent to Tom Brady's agent because his last name is Yee.

Like it or not, this is the world we live in today. You cannot do something like that on a talk sports show now. Simple as that.

Im not defending Fauria, but I’m pretty sure that at some point playing with Brady he met and talked to Don Yee and knows he doesn’t have that accent. It was in bad taste.

Disclaimer: this comedy bit is from 1987 and may be offensive to some in 2018.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Hello all, I am looking for a thread regarding internet based solutions for watching the Bruins. Today I cut the comcast cable cord; they still provide internet. Thank You.

Edit
I found this link. It reccomends FuboTV, I am leaning towards YouTube TV due to the quality that several users have mentioned. Both options seem to support NBC Sports as well covering the games which are not local.
Live Stream NESN: Watch Red Sox, Bruins without cable

Please let me know if you are doing any of this and what you reccomend I consider. Nothing matters except the Bruins, the News and NFL football. :) My daughters may disagree. :)

Last edited:

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I would recommend YouTube TV over FuboTV, FuboTV's biggest down fall is they don't have ESPN/ABC or MNF which would cost you some NFL games.

Quick side note YouTubeTV does not have the NFL Network so you will miss a small amount of Thursday night games that are not on FOX. Only provider that has NESN/ESPN/NFL Network would be PSVue.

Also your profile mentions Southeastern Massachusetts, are you in Bristol county? If so you are not eligible for Boston locals on any streaming service which may be a issue and a whole other topic.

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I would recommend YouTube TV over FuboTV, FuboTV's biggest down fall is they don't have ESPN/ABC or MNF which would cost you some NFL games.

Quick side note YouTubeTV does not have the NFL Network so you will miss a small amount of Thursday night games that are not on FOX. Only provider that has NESN/ESPN/NFL Network would be PSVue.

Also your profile mentions Southeastern Massachusetts, are you in Bristol county? If so you are not eligible for Boston locals on any streaming service which may be a issue and a whole other topic.
Plymouth County. Hopefully no issues there.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Ray Bourque singles off of Tim Wakefield. Nifty was on hand as well. The game was played in memory of longtime Herald Bruins writer Steve Harris.

bh_Aug172018_A060.jpg

Buckley: With Harris clan on hand, it was family night at annual Oldtime Baseball Game

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
I used to actually like Sports center, waaaaaay back in the 90s. Then most of the anchors got full of themselves and it degraded from there.

Bonus Charlie Steiner clip with a cameo by Jack.

same here, i had keith olberman and dan patrick on with my lucky charms before middle school

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->