OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I guess I'm not cynical enough yet to think he's playing this up for ratings. I believe him.

But I think it speaks to his character that it is a legitimate question to ask.

Question: did Minihane really make fun of Curtis's alcohol problem?

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I guess I'm not cynical enough yet to think he's playing this up for ratings. I believe him.

But I think it speaks to his character that it is a legitimate question to ask.

Question: did Minihane really make fun of Curtis's alcohol problem?

No, that was Reimer. Threatening to out Curtis. They’re (Kirk and Curtis) both recovering Alcoholics, so they’re absolutely on the same page regarding that. Minihane wanted a lifetime ban for Reimer over that.

I think we’re mistaken for Mazz who called alcoholics “soft”.

Reactions: sarge88

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
No, that was Reimer. Threatening to out Curtis. They’re (Kirk and Curtis) both recovering Alcoholics, so they’re absolutely on the same page regarding that. Minihane wanted a lifetime ban for Reimer over that.

Ah, thank you.

Reimer should have just called Curtis a gutless bitch, than Minihane would have been okay with it.

(If anyone is reading this and thinks I'm being serious I am not. An explainer.)

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
It was refreshing to listen to Keefe and Dale Arnold this afternoon on WEEI instead of the racist Christian Fauria. Arnold is the smartest guy on sports talk radio and Keefe is a goofy clown, it's a lot of fun.

Also what is the deal with every show on WEEI constantly talking about station drama? I never hear this kind of stuff on the Sports Hub.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
It was refreshing to listen to Keefe and Dale Arnold this afternoon on WEEI instead of the racist Christian Fauria. Arnold is the smartest guy on sports talk radio and Keefe is a goofy clown, it's a lot of fun.

Also what is the deal with every show on WEEI constantly talking about station drama? I never hear this kind of stuff on the Sports Hub.

Keefe's keys!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

They need Holley badly.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah Dale & Keefe are OK but IMO they need Holley to really make it work.

If they had kept Holley and lost Dale, the show would have been great. The other way around, not so much. Dale and Keefe are simply not on the same page and have clashing styles/interests. To the point where they keep bringing in a third party to the booth, and it's mostly been Tomase, which is just awful.

Reactions: BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If they had kept Holley and lost Dale, the show would have been great. The other way around, not so much. Dale and Keefe are simply not on the same page and have clashing styles/interests. To the point where they keep bringing in a third party to the booth, and it's mostly been Tomase, which is just awful.

I agree that Tomase is awful, but I think Dale and Keefe have meshed better over the last few months. I did like the show better with Holley, but I think it's still a good show as it is right now.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
This is sports radio graveyard time. I couldn't imagine trying to think of content to fill 4 hours of time every day. If you saw on Comcast when Zo & Bertrand left update guy Sarge in studio with two minutes of airtime to fill before F&M, you realize how slow time goes when your doing public speaking.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Christian Fauria is a racist?

When did that happen?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brady interview was very good

He walks away with 6 SB but 3 more years my take

Sounds like he will be here long enough to draft and develop the next Philip Rivers

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Brady interview was very good

He walks away with 6 SB but 3 more years my take

Sounds like he will be here long enough to draft and develop the next Philip Rivers
He sounded very positive about the season and about Belichick. I am sure the National media will still try to spin some rift between them still though.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->