OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Even Lenny can't make me listen to Reimer.

Then the 10-2 show had Tomase on, so I didn't listen to that one either.

Cora on now and as usual, he's really good.

Lenny Clarke being on makes it even more must miss radio. Guy is funny in shows and movies, but his visits to radio shows and the Red Sox broadcast booth are insufferable.

Reactions: talkinaway

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Even Lenny can't make me listen to Reimer.

Then the 10-2 show had Tomase on, so I didn't listen to that one either.

Cora on now and as usual, he's really good.

I got so excited when the K&C account tweeted that Mut was joining the show full-time, but then I found it was a joke. With Kirk possibly returning shortly and making Mut part of the show, there would be no Reimer or Tomase.

Reactions: sarge88

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Lenny Clarke being on makes it even more must miss radio. Guy is funny in shows and movies, but his visits to radio shows and the Red Sox broadcast booth are insufferable.
Most stand up comedians don't do well on radio spots unless they are a true improv artist. Most of the time they are just struggling through it to try to find ways to squeeze in their act.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m surprised they bring this narcissist back during the World Series. Clearly the station wishes he would go away.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
if he didn't go after the GOAT he would have been fine. It's too awkward to have him back doing those interviews anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Why the heck would they keep him off the air if he's ready to return? Tomase and Reimer are terrible.

If he was out on medical leave, the doctor treating you must clear you before you can return to work in any capacity. He may feel ready to return but his doctors likely do not

Reactions: sarge88

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If he was out on medical leave, the doctor treating you must clear you before you can return to work in any capacity. He may feel ready to return but his doctors likely do not
If I’m making the decision the last thing I want is to put this ahole back on the radio and having him trash the Red Sox especially this week.

He’s gone it’s just when.

It’s OVA

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
If I’m making the decision the last thing I want is to put this ahole back on the radio and having him trash the Red Sox especially this week.

He’s gone it’s just when.

It’s OVA
I think that is it as well. They will put him back on to have the whole thing blow up but not until this World Series is over.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think that is it as well. They will put him back on to have the whole thing blow up but not until this World Series is over.
I agree but not sure I want him interviewing Brady if I’m WEEI.

If this is what they are doing they probably hope he quits which he won’t.

Ideal scenario for me would be the Red Sox win the WS and they allow him back on Super Tuesday.

He’s going to explode I would think and force them to take him off. Then again he just went through extensive counseling so it’s possible he handles it well and things go well.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I agree but not sure I want him interviewing Brady if I’m WEEI.

If this is what they are doing they probably hope he quits which he won’t.

Ideal scenario for me would be the Red Sox win the WS and they allow him back on Super Tuesday.

He’s going to explode I would think and force them to take him off. Then again he just went through extensive counseling so it’s possible he handles it well and things go well.

Can I short this? Or did Vegas already take this off the board?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can I short this? Or did Vegas already take this off the board?
It’s possible as a friend mentioned to me he’s never let back on WEEI airwaves because they know what the end result will be.

Hmmm

Does Kirk Minehane ever do another show on WEEI?

If they don’t let him appear till after the Red Sox are done, and Brady camp doesn’t want him interviewing Brady then what is the point

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
90087140-66C8-4DC2-8F8F-915313D247DE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad