OT: Official Sports Media Thread V - Tim Neverett will not return to the Red Sox radio broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
The thing that bothers me most about Kirk and his problems (other than he only wants to talk about himself) is that if he has someone in his crosshairs, he attacks them ruthlessly. And if the target of his attacks were to have similar emotional issues that he claims to be dealing with, then his actions could go a long way in putting that person in a very bad place that could be dangerous to his/her health. So for him to treat people like that, and then cry wolf, is very hypocritical to me at the very least.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The thing that bothers me most about Kirk and his problems (other than he only wants to talk about himself) is that if he has someone in his crosshairs, he attacks them ruthlessly. And if the target of his attacks were to have similar emotional issues that he claims to be dealing with, then his actions could go a long way in putting that person in a very bad place that could be dangerous to his/her health. So for him to treat people like that, and then cry wolf, is very hypocritical to me at the very least.

Devil's advocate here: what if he's not crying wolf and does have serious mental health issues?

I mean, does anyone think that anyone who acts like he does is stable?

I think a lot of people here are spinning their wheels trying to diagnose a guy who we don't know, but probably is very sick. We're often trying to use rational thought, from a rational perspective to discuss irrational behaviors.

(Myself included as I obviously am not a doctor and don't know him. I'm just surmising based on my experience in the field)

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
he makes the show very uncomfortable to listen to, really hope they rethink brining him back. More sports talk and less Kirk drama is what WEEI needs
I’ve probably heard every Brady interview on WEEI and he had become very guarded with Minehane. With Gerry and Mut he’s more open and engaging.

Minehane is a narcissist. He’s got issues true but that day he took the leave still pissed about Brady changing the interview to the following day after Kirk drove down from Maine, he went off on Brady and his Tom vs Time. I’m 100% confident he caught hell for that and it was suggested he take a couple of months and decompress.

It’s always about Kirk. Not Brady. Not the Red Sox. Kirk

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I’ve probably heard every Brady interview on WEEI and he had become very guarded with Minehane. With Gerry and Mut he’s more open and engaging.

Minehane is a narcissist. He’s got issues true but that day he took the leave still pissed about Brady changing the interview to the following day after Kirk drove down from Maine, he went off on Brady and his Tom vs Time. I’m 100% confident he caught hell for that and it was suggested he take a couple of months and decompress.

It’s always about Kirk. Not Brady. Not the Red Sox. Kirk

I knew that would be his last Brady interview. He's just not professional enough to handle that role. He's a liability to Boston sports teams

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What Minehan is doing only perpetuates the stigma around people suffering from mental health issues.

It feels like nothing more than another one of his antention seeing stunts.

Mental Health isn’t a god damn game.

Get off Twitter Kirk and actually get some damn help.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Kirk should focus on the fact the morning show is doing well without him. Management certainly has.

Reactions: BMC

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Devil's advocate here: what if he's not crying wolf and does have serious mental health issues?

I mean, does anyone think that anyone who acts like he does is stable?

I think a lot of people here are spinning their wheels trying to diagnose a guy who we don't know, but probably is very sick. We're often trying to use rational thought, from a rational perspective to discuss irrational behaviors.

(Myself included as I obviously am not a doctor and don't know him. I'm just surmising based on my experience in the field)

I'm not necessarily disputing that he has mental health issues. It's just that I would expect him to be a little more conscientious of his behavior and treatment of people given his own apparent struggles. He tries to destroy people that anger him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What Minehan is doing only perpetuates the stigma around people suffering from mental health issues.

It feels like nothing more than another one of his antention seeing stunts.

Mental Health isn’t a god damn game.

Get off Twitter Kirk and actually get some damn help.

The fact that he's been tweeting about his gripes with management the entire time he's supposedly been getting help for mental health issues makes be believe it's all an act. Guy is insufferable. He's simply playing a game for some odd reason, and the only person that knows why is him.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Radio isnt TV though. Should be available as Montreal sports radio is available to all hab fans in the USA. 98.5 works fine but I'm not really into their show
Can you download the WEEI app and stream it live from that?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Can you download the WEEI app and stream it live from that?

i actually still have the old app downloaded on my phone but it only rebroadcasts a statement saying to download the radio.com app which says not available in Canada on the google app store. I've been going straight to WEEI.com and clicking the 93.7 link which was working perfectly on my desktop until yesterday. Really hoping it's a temporary glitch...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
i actually still have the old app downloaded on my phone but it only rebroadcasts a statement saying to download the radio.com app which says not available in Canada on the google app store. I've been going straight to WEEI.com and clicking the 93.7 link was working perfectly on my desktop until yesterday. Really hoping it's a temporary glitch...
Interesting.

I don’t recall hearing anything about any type of dispute.

Hope it’s resoved soon.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The fact that he's been tweeting about his gripes with management the entire time he's supposedly been getting help for mental health issues makes be believe it's all an act. Guy is insufferable. He's simply playing a game for some odd reason, and the only person that knows why is him.
Bingo!!!!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Kirk and Callahan was actually listenable today driving in...granted its because Lenny Clarke is on and going full Lenny Clarke

Even Lenny can't make me listen to Reimer.

Then the 10-2 show had Tomase on, so I didn't listen to that one either.

Cora on now and as usual, he's really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad