OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
There will be no changes on NESN’s Bruins broadcast team in the coming season. Edwards, who became the sole play-by-play voice in the 2007-08 season (Dale Arnold had called the home games), will be joined again by veteran color analyst Andy Brickley and rinkside reporter Alex Kraemer, who made a good impression last season, her first in the job. :huh::huh:
I'm with you on the analysis of Alex Kraemer's performance. I would say she made an impression, but I'm not sure it could be classified as "good".

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
There will be no changes on NESN’s Bruins broadcast team in the coming season. Edwards, who became the sole play-by-play voice in the 2007-08 season (Dale Arnold had called the home games), will be joined again by veteran color analyst Andy Brickley and rinkside reporter Alex Kraemer, who made a good impression last season, her first in the job. :huh::huh:
Gross.

Lets be real, she sucked but they could afford to replace the position for the 4th year in a row..

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Good Lord! Who did she make a good impression with other than Lou????

Reactions: Fenway and BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Awesome that Jack is back. I love his enthusiasm and game preparation. He's one of the best when it comes to taking the time to learn proper player name pronunciations. It irks the hell out of me when other announcers cannot be bothered to learn how to say player names correctly.

As for Kraemer...what the heck? She is awful. Makes no sense to bring her back. I will keep my opinion to myself as to why she might have been hired back despite her being inadequate at her job.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why so much hate for Alex Kramer? She's a sideline reporter. That position, by literal definition, brings zero to the table in terms of the value to the broadcast. She's there for fluff pieces and nonsense.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Why so much hate for Alex Kramer? She's a sideline reporter. That position, by literal definition, brings zero to the table in terms of the value to the broadcast. She's there for fluff pieces and nonsense.

She's a super a annoying a for a starters...

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Uggh.

Jack - Can't stand him
Kraemer - Rarely watch in between periods, but what I've seen I'm not really a fan of. I mean every time I watched, it seemed her only means of communication was the..."how does it feel when"......question.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Name one sideline "reporter" that isn't. They all suck. They're all annoying. And they all bring nothing to the table in terms of knowledge of the sport they're covering.

Oh I agree Lonnie, they're just window dressing and all that, but she's a 20 on a scale of 1-10 with the over annunciation, the incredibly FAKE smile and her vapid head nodding. She's just really obnoxious. Everything about her is extremely phony and over the top. She's a cartoon character

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Between the opening matinee and this news, I might just pack it in on the season now.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I liked Erdahl (and KT), but for some reason I didn't associate her with the dreaded "sideline reporter" job?

Probably because she was good :laugh:

I didn't even mention KT because I couldn't remember if she did sideline or she was always on the desk.

Freaking loved her.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad