*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
What do all these fans of Sarnia have to gain by beating Beaulieu over the head right now. We are talking a dust up after golf in private residence where liquor was prolly flowing.....and that is what you do in off season.

Some media blow these things up....prolly gets a 50 buck fine or nothing at all.

Not sure, but some love doing it.

Three years ago this board was as active as London and Windsor's. Team would loose but fans would come and talk. In the past few years, despite talented teams, there seems to be a few very negative voices that dictate discussion.

I think that's why you see a constant negativity within the forum. Its not just a Beaulieu thing, it seems to be more then that.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012

Three years ago this board was as active as London and Windsor's. Team would loose but fans would come and talk. In the past few years, despite talented teams, there seems to be a few very negative voices that dictate discussion.

I think that's why you see a constant negativity within the forum. Its not just a Beaulieu thing, it seems to be more then that.

I agree Tiger and some of these pages are just silly. But JB really took a beating on here last year and this year even though his injuries last year where just crazy. No one seems to give him an inch on that front and heading into playoffs last year they got the worst luck I have ever seen with players going down. Then again this year he gets hit again plus loses Gally....when they thought he was safe for the year....and right after the deadline, major bummer. Beaulieu though through all of it still managed to keep that team half assed good last 2 years.

The fan base does seem really negative last 2 years though....maybe they are missing the old days of zero playoff games, every year.

FatKid

Oct 5, 2006

The negativity has kept me off the boards for some time now. I used to enjoy coming on here and reading some good comments and some good criticism. However, over the past few years it's been what seems like 90% negative - I don't want to come on the boards for updates and leave feeling pissed off after reading some of the comments.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I agree Tiger and some of these pages are just silly. But JB really took a beating on here last year and this year even though his injuries last year where just crazy. No one seems to give him an inch on that front and heading into playoffs last year they got the worst luck I have ever seen with players going down. Then again this year he gets hit again plus loses Gally....when they thought he was safe for the year....and right after the deadline, major bummer. Beaulieu though through all of it still managed to keep that team half assed good last 2 years.

The fan base does seem really negative last 2 years though....maybe they are missing the old days of zero playoff games, every year.

When you take on the role of gm,coach,head scout,arena manager etc you open yourself up to some negativity.whether that was his choice or owners who knows.he has done some good things as coach and gm but also done stuff that deserves to be questioned.he needs to listen more to those around him such as asst coaches.when u trade away the fan favorite and best plus minus d man charilliti away because you didn't like him shows the fans something.charilliti thanked everybody at his appreciation night except for jb.fans have heard the same old we are rebuilding for quite a few years now.I think the fans struggle with the ownership but they hide and let jb take the crap.injuries are part of the game but when the young guys are not properly being conditioned and practices are short because of the coach decision,injuries will be more previlent.there is more going on than meets the eye.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
When you take on the role of gm,coach,head scout,arena manager etc you open yourself up to some negativity.whether that was his choice or owners who knows.he has done some good things as coach and gm but also done stuff that deserves to be questioned.he needs to listen more to those around him such as asst coaches.when u trade away the fan favorite and best plus minus d man charilliti away because you didn't like him shows the fans something.charilliti thanked everybody at his appreciation night except for jb.fans have heard the same old we are rebuilding for quite a few years now.I think the fans struggle with the ownership but they hide and let jb take the crap.injuries are part of the game but when the young guys are not properly being conditioned and practices are short because of the coach decision,injuries will be more previlent.there is more going on than meets the eye.

Your in the room?

End of day, as others have stated, this board was a fun one two years ago. Some have taken that away. Its a shame, this use to be one of be best sections of this message board, but a few have taken the fun out of it for the many.

hardoil3232

Mar 3, 2011
as coach and gm of sting jb cannot put himself in this type of situation
innocent or guilty the damage is done for the trust of parents of
16 year old kids

massey

Sep 5, 2012
On a positive note, Sting just signed 1st round pick Korostelev (sp?).

Great news for the sting. I understand that Igor has another player up his sleeve also.Import Draft I imagine.Not sure how that affects Nemecek.I presume he would have to be moved.Hopefully another sniper with some D abilities.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
as coach and gm of sting jb cannot put himself in this type of situation
innocent or guilty the damage is done for the trust of parents of
16 year old kids

Didnt hurt Hunter with his impaired charge.Kids lined up to go to London.Although a assault charge is different.From what I heard of the incident,Jb and Nathan will need good lawyers.Too bad they set themselves for this.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
These incidents with coaches and players pop up almost every year. In the end its usually someone with a belly full of beer and a large mouth challenging a coach or player. They usually come up with the short end of the stick and make them selves out to be victims. I just find it hard to believe someone in a position as a Beaulieu would go out looking to pick a fight. People do have the right to defend themselves.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
These incidents with coaches and players pop up almost every year. In the end its usually someone with a belly full of beer and a large mouth challenging a coach or player. They usually come up with the short end of the stick and make them selves out to be victims. I just find it hard to believe someone in a position as a Beaulieu would go out looking to pick a fight. People do have the right to defend themselves.

Sorry bobber but this one is different.This one was vice versa.Wait for the info to come out.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Didnt hurt Hunter with his impaired charge.Kids lined up to go to London.Although a assault charge is different.From what I heard of the incident,Jb and Nathan will need good lawyers.Too bad they set themselves for this.

While both Hunter and Beaulieu have had 'run ins' with the law, that's where the comparison ends. The bottom line is that 'Sarnia is NOT London, and Beaulieu is NOT Hunter!' Rather sacrilegious in my opinion to compare the two! Just sayin'...

Even still, good to hear that Sarnia signed their Russian-Canadian pick, the more talent in the O, the better!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Personally I doubt anyone on these boards will really here the facts and it will all go away in the end as do all these issues. Happened in the Soo and no one but the people involved really found out what went down.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
While both Hunter and Beaulieu have had 'run ins' with the law, that's where the comparison ends. The bottom line is that 'Sarnia is NOT London, and Beaulieu is NOT Hunter!' Rather sacrilegious in my opinion to compare the two! Just sayin'...

Even still, good to hear that Sarnia signed their Russian-Canadian pick, the more talent in the O, the better!

Just curious on this works. Russians can come over and live here, and then get drafted as a resident? How does that differ from Igor's other client Denis Yan to lives in the U.S.?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Just curious on this works. Russians can come over and live here, and then get drafted as a resident? How does that differ from Igor's other client Denis Yan to lives in the U.S.?

Just to clarify, Korostelev isn't a Pulver Client.

Korostelev and his family moved to Ontario 18 months ago. Yan's family did not.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011

Don't quote me but the player has to live and play in the country for 2 years (could be more??) to make him eligible. Not too sure about Yan's situation

Sarnia has also signed their 3rd round pick Connor Schlichting. Good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->