*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aela*

Thanks guys. Who would you compare him to? Sounds a little like Heatley back in the day.

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
Can anyone give me some insight into Goldobin? Really intrigued with this guy, but I know next to nothing about him.

Very scared of the dirty areas...seems to float a lot and only plays one end of the rink...has decent finishing abilities but needs to play a more rounded game. Needs to compete more. I expect him to take a few steps back next year.

hardoil3232

Mar 3, 2011
vellucci

vellucci always has a big fast team how des he do this year after year
surprised other ohl teams don't hire him

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010

I am sure he is quite happy where he is and compensated well. If he wasn't, he'd be gone. He has a record to show.
I think he drafts for his style of play. Sting actually hired away his head scout and we all know how that ended. BTW, who is Sarnia's head scout? GM? HC? Arena manager?

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Very scared of the dirty areas...seems to float a lot and only plays one end of the rink...has decent finishing abilities but needs to play a more rounded game. Needs to compete more. I expect him to take a few steps back next year.

Goldy had to be introduced to JP Anderson at year end as he didn't meet him all year.:laugh:

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

There are bigger teams out there then Plymouth. (Oshawa) Plymouth does however build through the draft. They are a sold team year after year because of this.

Now if you look at the past 2 drafts for the Sting, they have drafted some size. They should be a bigger team in the next couple of years.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Sorry, ross i was slow on the draw And you wonder why no one posts any more.

Going to guess why no one posts anymore has alot to do with the constant negativity that I read on here, just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Going to guess why no one posts anymore has alot to do with the constant negativity that I read on here, just my opinion.

Yep.

@ Dansk, your reaction was funny. My apologies for laughing. You shouldn't take it so seriously to call people "morons" as my initial thought was the same as yours...I didn't clue in until the emoticon

Cheer up. The sun will come out soon

Last edited:

getrdone71

Sep 17, 2008

You are 100% correct!!!!this use to be one of the best boards to be on when most of us left the NOOF and leave behind all the negativity but for some reason they all still pop up here and there.

If you wanna read a hockey board that is a disgrace. Take some time and search up network 54. It is a hockey bored that is mainly parents of kids all ages and honestly I have only been there twice due to me having a friend that has a kid that age and he wanted me to read what parents are oue like out there.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
You are 100% correct!!!!this use to be one of the best boards to be on when most of us left the NOOF and leave behind all the negativity but for some reason they all still pop up here and there.

If you wanna read a hockey board that is a disgrace. Take some time and search up network 54. It is a hockey bored that is mainly parents of kids all ages and honestly I have only been there twice due to me having a friend that has a kid that age and he wanted me to read what parents are oue like out there.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers

There are a few sectons on here that are filled with negative posters. Amazing how it either chases some away or brings in other likewise thinkers who constantly have a 'half empty' thought process. Agreed, this was once a very lively board and the team was not half as talented as this years squad was.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Dude...it's a joke...like, where a guy won't back-check, you will say, "The goalie couldn't pick him out of police line-up". :shakehead

Holy smokes,lighten up,so called hockey fans have a hard time with the truth.Any one care to disagree with his D.It was not a big negative on Goldy.It was a polite way to say his D needs some work.It was asked how he looked and I responded.People read way too much S%^& into things.Read my other post about goldy,lots of talent,needs too go hard on the puck.nice hands,a KNIGHT slayer for sure.Glad you got it highstick

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
I just came in to post that exact same link....his detractors are going to have a field day with that one (of which I am one)....I guess congrats are also in order for him since he's a coach of the year finalist (how I don't know - but when you have 6 finalists (almost a third of the league) i guess its not that hard)

Sempron

May 12, 2010
this kind of bs is not going to help when it comes to player recrutment. unreal. we have a hard enough time with players wanting to report here and now this. :shakehead yes inocent until proven guilty. but we dont need this kind of press. makes you wonder about some of the past acusations for sure.

HockeyCritics

Sep 17, 2012
this kind of bs is not going to help when it comes to player recrutment. unreal. we have a hard enough time with players wanting to report here and now this. :shakehead yes inocent until proven guilty. but we dont need this kind of press. makes you wonder about some of the past acusations for sure.[/QUOTE

He his a great coach and this will not affect anything. What happens in his personal life should stay in his personal life. It wont change the way he coaches and recruits.

SarniaSting101

Aug 9, 2010
this kind of bs is not going to help when it comes to player recrutment. unreal. we have a hard enough time with players wanting to report here and now this. :shakehead yes inocent until proven guilty. but we dont need this kind of press. makes you wonder about some of the past acusations for sure.[/QUOTE

He his a great coach and this will not affect anything. What happens in his personal life should stay in his personal life. It wont change the way he coaches and recruits.

It may not change how he does things, but it certainly does change how he is viewed in the eyes of a 15/16 year old's parent, when they are having their son leave home at such a young age to play for him. When his personal life has pending assault charges and he is a coach to minor children, it has a huge affect on the team. I believe in "innocent until proven guilty", but in the meantime it will be in the back of everyone's mind. Not sure how I would feel if it were my young son leaving home and being entrusted to him.

krauss72

May 5, 2010
It may not change how he does things, but it certainly does change how he is viewed in the eyes of a 15/16 year old's parent, when they are having their son leave home at such a young age to play for him. When his personal life has pending assault charges and he is a coach to minor children, it has a huge affect on the team. I believe in "innocent until proven guilty", but in the meantime it will be in the back of everyone's mind. Not sure how I would feel if it were my young son leaving home and being entrusted to him.

Bang on SS101. A huge question mark for parents. Many of these youngins have multiple options so parents have some soul searching to do. Two charges doesn't help the matter. And if by chance he is guilty then what? I would imagine that could be reason to terminate his contract. And then we are left with uncertainty of no GM or coach. Or restaurant manager or head scout or store manager or rink manager.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Bang on SS101. A huge question mark for parents. Many of these youngins have multiple options so parents have some soul searching to do. Two charges doesn't help the matter. And if by chance he is guilty then what? I would imagine that could be reason to terminate his contract. And then we are left with uncertainty of no GM or coach. Or restaurant manager or head scout or store manager or rink manager.

totally agree. Must be a moral turpitude clause in his contract. Pretty standard for most... I would not agree with HC's assessment that he is a great coach. He is not a tactician by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm pretty sure he gets snookered in the majority of trades.
He is innocent until proven guilty, and what I don't like is that information is published and a bias is established by printing that information. If guilty ... he is free game, until then, info should be be held back.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
What do all these fans of Sarnia have to gain by beating Beaulieu over the head right now. We are talking a dust up after golf in private residence where liquor was prolly flowing.....and that is what you do in off season.

Some media blow these things up....prolly gets a 50 buck fine or nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->