*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Not sure why we want to be sellers if we just loose Gali.(Dont get me wrong,great talent and dont want to loose him) We have proved we are still a great team without him,Murphy and Latta and I cant see Murphy staying at the dessert so he would also be back.Dont see Boucher leaving either.Our rookie goalie has played excellent to back up JP.If the team continues to perform the way they are, remain healthy and we can win our division against Plymouth then we could still be a possible 3rd round playoff team and who knows,with our Knight slayer Goldobin,anything is possible.We could even p/u an O/A for the cheap on the D or 2nd-3rd line forward in a trade. Dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Shaun Bisson

Dec 3, 2012
Sarnia
Not sure why we want to be sellers if we just loose Gali.(Dont get me wrong,great talent and dont want to loose him) We have proved we are still a great team without him,Murphy and Latta and I cant see Murphy staying at the dessert so he would also be back.Dont see Boucher leaving either.Our rookie goalie has played excellent to back up JP.If the team continues to perform the way they are, remain healthy and we can win our division against Plymouth then we could still be a possible 3rd round playoff team and who knows,with our Knight slayer Goldobin,anything is possible.We could even p/u an O/A for the cheap on the D or 2nd-3rd line forward in a trade. Dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

If the Sting lose Gally, they still have to deal with the fact that Brodie Barrick is out for 3-5 more weeks, and JP Anderson is out indefinitely as of right now. Sure the team is winning right now, but to consistently stay at this level for a long period of time without your best player, and goaltending in the shape it is in, would take almost a miracle.

Most of the guys that are the reason for their success to this date will not be back on the team. With Galchenyuk and JP on the team (and healthy), the Sting have the ability to add another top 4 dman, and another top 6 forward and seriously contend for an OHL title this year. If Gally is gone, there are so many other question marks right now that it would make more sense to sell off players and build for the next 2-3 years rather than be content with making the playoffs this year and bowing out after 1 round.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
If the Sting lose Gally, they still have to deal with the fact that Brodie Barrick is out for 3-5 more weeks, and JP Anderson is out indefinitely as of right now. Sure the team is winning right now, but to consistently stay at this level for a long period of time without your best player, and goaltending in the shape it is in, would take almost a miracle.

Most of the guys that are the reason for their success to this date will not be back on the team. With Galchenyuk and JP on the team (and healthy), the Sting have the ability to add another top 4 dman, and another top 6 forward and seriously contend for an OHL title this year. If Gally is gone, there are so many other question marks right now that it would make more sense to sell off players and build for the next 2-3 years rather than be content with making the playoffs this year and bowing out after 1 round.

Barrick obviuosly isnt that big of shoes to fill.Rookie doing just fine.Anderson is a concern but resting for the next 3 games anyways and see what goes from there.Not life or death if we win them at this point.2 ways to win games,hard work by all the players or a miracle.

As for 2nd paragraph, i agree with the first statement and not the last.I am growing tired of the let's build for 2-3 years away.Old cliche that never seems to pan out.Happens around the OHL with the same resultsAs a season ticket holder,you tend to loose faith in that 2-3 years ever showing up.If the team only makes the 1st round this year,I for one have enjoyed watching Gali and Goldobin mature and Sarault,what can I say what a treat.

tommy89

Dec 12, 2011
Now that Ceci is off the market, what does everyone think of trying to aquire Adam Pelech from the otters for a package including DeAngelo. Pelech is a 94 and team Canada invitee who has put up 31 points in 40 games on a struggling team. DeAngelo is a year younger than Pelech, is US born and is a flashy offensive dman so would be attractive to Erie. DeAngelo may posess better offensive skill, but Pelech would be a lot more dependable defensively while still being able to make a good first pass and contribute offensively.

I am personally expecting Galchenyuk to be sent back to Sarnia after he does a 9 game stint with Montreal. Unless Montreal feels he can be a key player in getting them into the playoffs, they would rather see him have a playoff run in the O. It's way too early to predict, but in looking at potential matchups based on the standings, if the sting have their current lineup are very probable to make it to round 2 and with an addition to the blueline (also pending goaltender health) could very well make it to round 3 and that is honestly the first time I can say that with a shred of confidence, last season I definately didn't feel this way even with all the talent they had.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Now that Ceci is off the market, what does everyone think of trying to aquire Adam Pelech from the otters for a package including DeAngelo. Pelech is a 94 and team Canada invitee who has put up 31 points in 40 games on a struggling team. DeAngelo is a year younger than Pelech, is US born and is a flashy offensive dman so would be attractive to Erie. DeAngelo may posess better offensive skill, but Pelech would be a lot more dependable defensively while still being able to make a good first pass and contribute offensively.

I am personally expecting Galchenyuk to be sent back to Sarnia after he does a 9 game stint with Montreal. Unless Montreal feels he can be a key player in getting them into the playoffs, they would rather see him have a playoff run in the O. It's way too early to predict, but in looking at potential matchups based on the standings, if the sting have their current lineup are very probable to make it to round 2 and with an addition to the blueline (also pending goaltender health) could very well make it to round 3 and that is honestly the first time I can say that with a shred of confidence, last season I definately didn't feel this way even with all the talent they had.

I'm not trading DeAngelo for Pelech if I'm the Sting. Not a deal that the team needs to make unless a forward is included in the package (C Brown?)

Sarnia will add an OA and maybe a depth forward but I don't know if any big names will be coming. Sproul would be one player that I'd target though and if Broll is included then I'd consider a package for the two including DeAngelo in it.

Trocheck would be a nice addition too but so much depends on what it'd take

Last edited:

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011

Erie is not going to deal Adam Pelech. To be honest I think pelech for deangelo is a horrible trade for Erie. Pelech is absolutely vital and to trade him for a player with some attitude, and less proven play would be senseless for Erie. With that being said I like the idea of Erie getting deangelo but not for pelech. Doubtful Erie trades for him anyway though

BramptonFan09

Jun 2, 2012
Brampton, ON
Erie is not going to deal Adam Pelech. To be honest I think pelech for deangelo is a horrible trade for Erie. Pelech is absolutely vital and to trade him for a player with some attitude, and less proven play would be senseless for Erie. With that being said I like the idea of Erie getting deangelo but not for pelech. Doubtful Erie trades for him anyway though

What do you think of this? Stephen Harper, Justin feller, a 2nd and a 3rd to the Pete's for slater koekoek

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
What do you think of this? Stephen Harper, Justin feller, a 2nd and a 3rd to the Pete's for slater koekoek

That trade has some potential but it can't happen this year because felker is a 16 year old rookie that is not a first round pick. I would do Harper, and two 2nd round picks for koekoek in a heart beat though.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Could someone give the Sting management a wakeup call and tell them if they are selling,the buyers are getting full and that if we are buyers,the shelves will soon be bare.Yawn

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Paul Owen ‏@ObserverOwen
Sarnia Sting will not be sellers at the Deadline. Beaulieu looking to add a 3rd OA, second-line scoring

Paul Owen ‏@ObserverOwen
OA needs to be finalized tomorrow by noon, so if there's going to be a deal, expect it in the next 20 hours or so.

Paul Owen ‏@ObserverOwen
Beaulieu also comfortable standing pat if right deal doesn't arise.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Kevin Bailie from London is on waivers...does JB take a shot with an OA spot still out there

While not a bad idea the answer seems to be no. Beaulieu told Paul Owen that JP's injury isn't serious and won't be adding a goaltender

PdashOw

Aug 31, 2012
While not a bad idea the answer seems to be no. Beaulieu told Paul Owen that JP's injury isn't serious and won't be adding a goaltender

For clarification, the question was "Do you need to add another goalie?" and he said "not at all."

I was a bit careless with the wording of that tweet.

I don't think he will add one, and I'm not sure that the semantic differentiation matters, but the wording of the question was that he doesn't need to add one, not that he won't.

HockeyCritics

Sep 17, 2012
For clarification, the question was "Do you need to add another goalie?" and he said "not at all."

I was a bit careless with the wording of that tweet.

I don't think he will add one, and I'm not sure that the semantic differentiation matters, but the wording of the question was that he doesn't need to add one, not that he won't.

Sting also have Audet.
I was able to find him, he his playing tier 2 with descent stats.

SarniaSting101

Aug 9, 2010
Sting also have Audet.
I was able to find him, he his playing tier 2 with descent stats.

How many goalies do you expect Sarnia to have on their roster? JP will be back this week and Barrick will be back at the end of the month. Then there is still Dawe and Hergott. I would imagine there will not be a need for another goalie. Pretty soon they will have a whole line of them!

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
How's everyone doing? Looks like Sarnia isn't going to make any trades just for the sake of making them. Less than 24 hours remaining....

massey

Sep 5, 2012
How's everyone doing? Looks like Sarnia isn't going to make any trades just for the sake of making them. Less than 24 hours remaining....

Disappointing. If no trades looks like we are content with 1 maybe 2 rounds of playoffs. Thats only if we win our division to get ssm or probably windsor.With Kitchener,OS,London sitting good for players now and Plymouth coming on it might get difficult for sure.Guelph will not be a pushover either and could be a spoiler.Oh well, time will tell.

SarniaSting101

Aug 9, 2010
Disappointing. If no trades looks like we are content with 1 maybe 2 rounds of playoffs. Thats only if we win our division to get ssm or probably windsor.With Kitchener,OS,London sitting good for players now and Plymouth coming on it might get difficult for sure.Guelph will not be a pushover either and could be a spoiler.Oh well, time will tell.

Last year when JB traded like a madman everyone was angry, especially when we were done after the first round. Now he sits back and is content with what appears to be a decent team, both talent-wise and chemistry-wise, and now everyone will be ticked off that he didn't do more. I believe some people on this board will not be happy ever. Take a look at London right now - who is going to compete with that, no matter how hard you try. At some point I believe you have to figure out if it is worth it. Just my opinion of course.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Last year when JB traded like a madman everyone was angry, especially when we were done after the first round. Now he sits back and is content with what appears to be a decent team, both talent-wise and chemistry-wise, and now everyone will be ticked off that he didn't do more. I believe some people on this board will not be happy ever. Take a look at London right now - who is going to compete with that, no matter how hard you try. At some point I believe you have to figure out if it is worth it. Just my opinion of course.

There is still tomorrow. Owen Sound and Kitchener are right there with London. Both teams have better goal tending. Everybody knows, a goalie can win a playoff series. It would be nice if Sarnia could get a 2nd line forward but the team is pretty good right now. If Gally doesn't come back, that will be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->