Official REFEREE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The only one got disappeared somewhere....so im going to start a new one. :)

So whos a ref, and how long have you been reffing?
So whos not a ref, and WHY THE HECK NOT?! Pay is pretty good and its not really work since its fun!

Ive been a referee for 2 years...wish i started earlier..but I got a $5,000 paycheck the other day for the winter leagues....5,000 bucks for doing something i LOVE! What a scam! Im in the Spring league now where I should get another 1,500.

(Btw I do about 35% more games then my fellow W.H.I.O.A.(BTW anyone else in the N.H.I.O.A. Organization in the US?) members since i ALWAYS take the games they pass off)

My Referee in Chief gave me the playoff FINALS in the Junior Varsity (Bantam) and Varsity (Midget) this June so I must be doing something right. I cant wait to referee those games! :handclap:

This fall I will be able to do Middle School and High School games! I cant wait....Middle school games are 60 bucks and high school games are 78 bucks....imma be racking in the dough. Best Job EVER!

Last edited:

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I lined games for a season for my university intramural league. $11 an hour for a fun job that i can walk to and look forward to. I'm going to do it again this winter season.

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
I already spend too much time on the ice PLAYING hockey. My wife would hit me in the head with a frying pan if I told her I was going to ref games too. If and when I decide to hang up the skates I might consider it but I will probably get my coaching certification instead. Refs take way too much abuse, especially in the adult leagues in my area.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
advice for people thinking about reffing- do NOT do it for the money.. only do it if you acutally want to ref... if you do it for the moeny and don't actually like reffing you'd be pretty miserable with all the abuse you get

BCCHL inactive

Finn said:
advice for people thinking about reffing- do NOT do it for the money.. only do it if you acutally want to ref... if you do it for the moeny and don't actually like reffing you'd be pretty miserable with all the abuse you get

Excellent advice. Not only will you have a bad reaction to the inevitable abuse, nothing pisses referee associations off more than officials just in it for the money. I know my local association does its best to weed out such officials.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Finn said:

Agreed (thats why I called it a scam..since i enjoy doing it so much) Id do it for free to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino