Music: Official ProgRock-ProgMetal-TechDeath Thread

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Whoa. Is this legit?!
Ya they gave been playing it live for the last year in different variations you can hear the crowd a little in the background and in this version Maynard added some vocals, not lyrics of course, which is the first time have heard him do it for the song.

Here is a version from 9 months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: TesseracT

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How are you lads enjoying the new BTBAM? I listened to Millions and it sounds like it's going to be an epic album.

Currently I am listening Galneryus - Ultimate Sacrifice, really solid album. Not the best from them, but if you love their sound this album is a great addition to their discography, much better than Under the Force of Courage. Absolutely love Rising Infuriation.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Figured this is probably the best thread for this one. I saw people saying this band was like a Thrice/Deftones combo, so I had to listen. I hear more Deftones than Thrice (especially the vocals...dude is a Chino clone on some songs). I'm enjoying this full album.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Figured this is probably the best thread for this one. I saw people saying this band was like a Thrice/Deftones combo, so I had to listen. I hear more Deftones than Thrice (especially the vocals...dude is a Chino clone on some songs). I'm enjoying this full album.

Spot-on with the Chino comparison. Gonna have to check out more of them, thanks.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
New TesseracT is a solid 7.5/10 for me with some room to grow. It seems like they reigned in Dan a bit on his vocals, thankfully. Polaris was way too vocal-centric for my liking from a Tesseract album. A bit disappointed I (we) have already heard 3 out of the 7 songs on the album. Then 2 of the new songs we haven't heard are only ~2.5 minutes. Glad one of the songs we haven't heard is over 11 minutes but it still leaves you wanting for a few new songs we haven't been able to hear before the entire album was released. That said, Tesseract has always been about albums as a whole for me so as a whole the album really works. Production is fantastic and even audiophiles will be very pleased. On a good system or headphones the music will totally envelop you. Excited to hear the biaural mix when my CDs arrive.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
New TesseracT is a solid 7.5/10 for me with some room to grow. It seems like they reigned in Dan a bit on his vocals, thankfully. Polaris was way too vocal-centric for my liking from a Tesseract album. A bit disappointed I (we) have already heard 3 out of the 7 songs on the album. Then 2 of the new songs we haven't heard are only ~2.5 minutes. Glad one of the songs we haven't heard is over 11 minutes but it still leaves you wanting for a few new songs we haven't been able to hear before the entire album was released. That said, Tesseract has always been about albums as a whole for me so as a whole the album really works. Production is fantastic and even audiophiles will be very pleased. On a good system or headphones the music will totally envelop you. Excited to hear the biaural mix when my CDs arrive.
I picked up up finally today and also got the 2 cd edition with the in ear headphone binaural edition. Haven't tried that yet will be interesting to see what differences I notice.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I picked up up finally today and also got the 2 cd edition with the in ear headphone binaural edition. Haven't tried that yet will be interesting to see what differences I notice.

I'm still waiting on my damn pre-order. They gotta do something about this. It makes almost no sense to pre-order these albums when you receive them over a week late. It's nice it comes with an M4A download, but still.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I said Sonder had to room to grow and damn was I right. Having it in my ears almost non-stop and listening to the 3D version in headphones, the CD version in my home system & car - I bump this album up to an 8.8/10. The sound just grows and grows on you and sucks you into another universe like Altered State* did. Buying the 2-CD set is just such a great value. I love that TesseracT are techy audiophiles like so many of us. Polaris, while I think was kind of a weak album, was still a great product as they gave you a DVD with the Hi-Res version of the album along with a regular CD. TesseracT and K-Scope Records are a phenomenal pair. While yes, it's 90% about the music the band produces, I think we need to start reviewing the product we receive from a band/label.

Aside from the product/production giving my rating a bump, the songs will also grow on you if you're unsure at first. Give the album a few listens in different environments and when you're in different moods - it's bound to be the perfect soundtrack in some part of your life if you're a fan of the Tesseract sound.

I was worried about the direction they were taking after Polaris. If Sonder is how their music is going to mature, we're going to have amazing albums from them for years to come.

*Altered State is a 9.5/10 for me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->