Music: Official ProgRock-ProgMetal-TechDeath Thread

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Anybody remember the prog-rock group with Chris Poland, Damn the Machine (?)
They were short-lived, but had a good album circa 1993, w/a decent single & vid (The Mission). I have an old A&M VHS compilation with this video.

Found it on YouTube, has some extraneous MTV intro, but..

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dudes you guys need to cheque out Threshold's Legends of the Shire album. Even if you don't like Prog Rock too much, it is freakin' unbelievable. Definitely the best album of 2017.

I liked Coma Ecliptic. Not as good as Future Sequence or Colors, but still good, just different.
Nothing will ever beat Colours, but damn Turn on the Darkness is such an effin amazing song.

My ranking...
1. Colours
2. Alaska
3. Future Sequence
4. Coma Ecliptic
5. The Great Misdirect
6. The Silent Trashbin

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Honestly, I think The Great Misdirect gets too much ****. I ****ing love Swim to the Moon. Might be a top 3 favorite song of mine for them.
Agreed on all accounts. Swim to the Moon, Obfuscation, Fossil Genera, Disease, Injury, Madness....those are some straight up bangers. Lots of people I feel see it as a "let down" of a follow up to Colors and that's why it gets a bad rap.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Honestly, I think The Great Misdirect gets too much ****. I ****ing love Swim to the Moon. Might be a top 3 favorite song of mine for them.
Swim to the Moon is an awesome song, along with Obfuscation and Fossil Genera. Those three can rival any other BTBAM collection, however the album is still very lacking apart from those.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Take it for what it worth again but some are saying summer, maybe as early as May, release for the new Tool album. Maynard keeps trolling a big NO! End of the video has the band rehearsing part of one of the new tracks.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy crap, I just found out that Misha Monsoor is a huge hockey fan. That is badass even though I am not a huge Periphery fan, but I cannot deny that his talent is absurd (I will love him for all the drum tracks on AAL debut album). Definitely one of the best riff makers we have in modern metal, love the one on Icarus Lives!.

Reactions: TesseracT

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Holy crap, I just found out that Misha Monsoor is a huge hockey fan. That is badass even though I am not a huge Periphery fan, but I cannot deny that his talent is absurd (I will love him for all the drum tracks on AAL debut album). Definitely one of the best riff makers we have in modern metal, love the one on Icarus Lives!.

And to go along with it, some people don't realize he did this, but it's so good.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And to go along with it, some people don't realize he did this, but it's so good.

Awesome song, didn't know he did other gaming soundtracks. My favourite song by him is Follow in Flight on the Halo 2 soundtrack, but due to how the creative and technical the drumming is.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN

So is their other guitarist Mark Holcomb (Hawks fan)

Mark Holcomb (@MarkPeriphery) | Twitter

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->