Music: Official Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo/etc. Thread

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Big TBS 20th Anniversary tour next year. Only the first leg of the tour has been announced, but most cities are getting two shows. They will perform Tell All Your Friends in full both nights and one of Where You Want To Be/Louder Now each night (whichever they don't perform night one will be done night two) along with some other songs.

Pls come to Toronto

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Fenix, TX has aged very well. Especially that second album.

Threesome is still a great song.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
any cbk fans here?

just saw them the other night with h2o. great show. hadn't been to a hardcore show in a while so that was fun
Wow I had no idea H2O was still a band.

We used to go on family vacations to North Carolina, and every single time I just had to play they song ‘Go’ while crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I still hear that song anytime I’m going over a high or lengthy bridge.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Wow I had no idea H2O was still a band.

We used to go on family vacations to North Carolina, and every single time I just had to play they song ‘Go’ while crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I still hear that song anytime I’m going over a high or lengthy bridge.

yup. they still sound great with tons of energy

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I've recently (within the last year or so) gotten heavy into DGD. They're kind of up there with Deftones for me as a band that has consistently but out really good music over their entire career.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
So uh, when is AOF just going to admit they're working on new material? I know Dallas is busy with City and Colour, Wade is doing Gallows, Jordan has been filling in with Billy Talent and Steele is cutting hair, but I think it's time.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I've recently (within the last year or so) gotten heavy into DGD. They're kind of up there with Deftones for me as a band that has consistently but out really good music over their entire career.

They’re amazing. They pump out music at an absurd rate and I like 99% of it.

Stoked to see them and Underoath in a few weeks.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I’ve always had trouble getting into Architects, but have been digging some of this new stuff.
I became a fan whenever Lost Forever//Lost Together came out, but have since gone back and listened to all of their stuff. They’re one of my favorite bands. I love the new stuff, especially seventh circle. I wish that song was longer because it rips so hard.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I just spring boarded from the Menzingers and the Lawrence Arms to Banner Pilot and the Draft based on playlists. Love me some skate punk.

Not sure if they have been mentioned in this thread already, but some good tunes. Really enjoy the lyrics for these ones:

We don't fight, we just talk real loud.
Then we turn our backs. We're kinda like this town.
Snake bit. I don't know why we keep rolling twos
but at the end of the day it's just background noise,
it's not me and you. So if you wanna stay up all night
we can hit the record shops or just stay in bed drinking Spanish Reds,
waiting for the rain to stop.
It's passing trough, and you know that you are looking like an angel now.
I watch you fall asleep on a dead end street
and the world is right somehow.

You're just a kid bruising up
If I could tell you
How many times you gotta fall
Before you break through

I would, so tonight I'll stay here with you
There's nothing else I'd rather do
We'll look for reasons for why we're here
We'll blame the season for this fear

I'll say everything'll work out
Like I know what I'm talking about
But all this snow keeps piling up
We dig it's never deep enough

And I know when you're living under sheets of snow
It can look like the world's gone black
But remember that the sun comes back
At least they say it does.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Seeing Mayday Parade tonight. :laugh:

Low-key hype af.

For real, how was this? I was semi interested in the Boston show recently, or maybe it’s comig soon, but i just can’t bring myself to do it. They’ve kinda been a very guilty pleasure of mine for a good three years now. I think if they had all this content 15 years ago they would have been absolutely massive.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So whose going to Thursday?

I’ve seen them so many times, but I’m happy to see them still going and still having that same following. Seems like the same guys that went to their club shows 15 years ago are the same ones still going out to see them. Just based on the video clips anyway. They’re such a great live act too.

Rickley looks old as shit, how did their guitarist who was already looking 90 years old manage to not age a day?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
For real, how was this? I was semi interested in the Boston show recently, or maybe it’s comig soon, but i just can’t bring myself to do it. They’ve kinda been a very guilty pleasure of mine for a good three years now. I think if they had all this content 15 years ago they would have been absolutely massive.

It was so much fun. They sounded amazing and like they haven't missed a beat from the vocals to the instrumentals. The singalong during Miserable at Best was one of the loudest I've ever been a part of and I've been to like a million shows. A blast.

One of the great aspects of the show were the amount of late 20's-early 30's folk like me who always found them to be a guilty pleasure but now we're adults and don't give af and live for that nostalgia so everyone kind of transformed back into a kid again. :laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It was so much fun. They sounded amazing and like they haven't missed a beat from the vocals to the instrumentals. The singalong during Miserable at Best was one of the loudest I've ever been a part of and I've been to like a million shows. A blast.

One of the great aspects of the show were the amount of late 20's-early 30's folk like me who always found them to be a guilty pleasure but now we're adults and don't give af and live for that nostalgia so everyone kind of transformed back into a kid again. :laugh:

That’s great. I have seen plenty of live videos of them and the energy in the room is always really good, although seemingly young and mostly female. Last time i ended up at a show like that was the Nintendo Fusion tour probably 10 to 12 years back, the starting line/motion city soundtrack/fallout boy/boys night out/panic. Too many very small people digging bony elbows into my back, and too much shrieking. I decided then (just googled it, it was 2005 so i was 20) that i was an old ass man and wasn’t cut out for crowds like that.

I’m glad they are still touring and making records but i still can’t help but think of how huge they should have been back when i was in high school. How do you feel about Sunnyland? I think it’s one of their best records, if not the single best

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
That’s great. I have seen plenty of live videos of them and the energy in the room is always really good, although seemingly young and mostly female. Last time i ended up at a show like that was the Nintendo Fusion tour probably 10 to 12 years back, the starting line/motion city soundtrack/fallout boy/boys night out/panic. Too many very small people digging bony elbows into my back, and too much shrieking. I decided then (just googled it, it was 2005 so i was 20) that i was an old ass man and wasn’t cut out for crowds like that.

I’m glad they are still touring and making records but i still can’t help but think of how huge they should have been back when i was in high school. How do you feel about Sunnyland? I think it’s one of their best records, if not the single best

:laugh: oh my god, I was at the Nintendo Fusion tour when they came through Detroit. I had a wicked time but also I was 14.

Sunnyland is great, probably my third favorite after Romantics and the self-titled.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I am seeing Thursday but just night 1 of Full Collapse. Didn't feel like shelling out for 2 nights. But also...State Champs is playing the day after Thursday's first night too, hmmmmm.

I am seeing Dance Gavin Dance and Underoath this Sunday, so pretty pumped for that.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Recently rediscovered this album. I listened to this thing on repeat for months and months when I was younger. Just randomly came across it again and fell right back in love with it.

Reactions: izlez

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Everyone should check out Dirty Nil. Ontario based punk/rock band that's been making waves the past few years now - believe they won a Juno for Breakthrough Group of the Year last year. Seen them live four times the past two years and they've killed it every time:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->