Music: Official Pop-Punk/Post-Hardcore/Emo/etc. Thread

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Pop punk is so goddamned awful these days. Anything I listen to like those garbage videos is just bad and embarrassing.

Really looking forward to the new Hopesfall. The new song I heard is amazing and it's an easy AOTY candidate.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
I'm going to Coheed and TBS in a few weeks. Wouldn't have been a strange combination 15 years ago but it is now.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Don't know if this is the most appropriate thread, but I'm not sure of a better one...

The new Deafheaven album is amazing. I haven't been able to get enough of it these past few days. It's a lot more post-rock with black metal elements on this one where their older stuff is more black metal with post-rock elements and it all comes together really nice

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Don't know if this is the most appropriate thread, but I'm not sure of a better one...

The new Deafheaven album is amazing. I haven't been able to get enough of it these past few days. It's a lot more post-rock with black metal elements on this one where their older stuff is more black metal with post-rock elements and it all comes together really nice
I remember seeing them open for BTBAM right as they were juuuust starting to get big, and I just didn’t get it. Because of that I’ve never really given them much of a chance. Maybe I should finally do that.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I was never a huge Deafheaven fan, but I absolutely love their new album. I am on vacation in Toronto next week and decided to pick up tickets to Drab Majesty/Deaf Heaven while I am out there as I was searching for things to do that Friday night. I like Drab Majesty a ton so it was a great coincidence. That's when I decided to check out the new Deafheaven album and I am absolutely loving it! So now I am even more excited for the show.

Reactions: BonMorrison

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I was never a huge Deafheaven fan, but I absolutely love their new album. I am on vacation in Toronto next week and decided to pick up tickets to Drab Majesty/Deaf Heaven while I am out there as I was searching for things to do that Friday night. I like Drab Majesty a ton so it was a great coincidence. That's when I decided to check out the new Deafheaven album and I am absolutely loving it! So now I am even more excited for the show.
I was never a big fan either. I heard Sunbather and it caught my attention as something a bit different than I normally listen to, but after a couple listens I never went back to it. I never bothered with New Bermuda. I don't even know why I decided to check out the new one, but it's SO good. I'm looking for every opportunity to listen to it as much, and as loud, as possible

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I was never a big fan either. I heard Sunbather and it caught my attention as something a bit different than I normally listen to, but after a couple listens I never went back to it. I never bothered with New Bermuda. I don't even know why I decided to check out the new one, but it's SO good. I'm looking for every opportunity to listen to it as much, and as loud, as possible

Since we are on the same wavelength here, if you find any other bands with similar styles as this album please let me know!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
New Alkaline Trio album coming in August!

Alkaline Trio to Release New Album in August • chorus.fm

New single already up!

Came here to post this lol. I like it. The chorus isn't anything special, but the verses, outro, and guitar riff are all pretty solid.

They also released the studio version for this track,

Say Anything and Max Bemis have come out with a new song + big explanation on wtf has been happening with them lately.

Some cliff notes that I've taken from another forum I frequent:
  • This is the last record (maybe)
  • We won't tour
  • I am sorta gay.
  • Say Anything has always been a collective of sorts
  • I decided to marry a woman, who is the best person ever
  • I've known her my entire life in a soul-mate way
  • I am a "pseudo" atheist. I believe in "my god".
  • I have bi-polar and that leads to a lot of confusion of my outlook from others
  • New record will be a story continuing the IARB story. (I guess he didn't die)
  • Marriage is hard
  • The new record will be told from a point of view of a homophobic has been. (great?)
  • Real and fictional Sociopaths and Psychopaths influenced this record hard.
  • Max is on anti-depressants. Snorts them cause coke isn't allowed. This created strife in his life
  • Tried smoking weed again, didn't like it.
  • Really into this band, and had gay thoughts, and it opened my mind about it and I can empathize with gay people. the band is called Museum Mouth (is that a SA reference?)
  • This record is very post-modern and he plays Oliver
  • Max probably has only fallen in love with men, or had crushes with them. Denies telling us the juicy stuff. hubba hubba
  • Max details the album arcs and what they mean.
  • snorting drugs lead him down a dark path, possibly even death. don't snort drugs and drink
  • became sober with his third child, he has had crippling PTSD and anxiety. he cries a lot
  • "oliver" or "real boy" is probably his embodiment of his darker side, and he loves himself despite his faults (I think that's what he means)
  • he loves you

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nothing to add but i feel 16 again in this thread and i like it. I’m 33, divorced with 3 kids, and my taste in music has not changed at all in nearly 20 years. Hooray for this thread

Eiley by too close to touch is a jam. There i said it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Still pretty bummed about Pavone's death tbh. I have a huge soft spot for WCAR.

Been officially ruled an overdose. Found unconscious in his bathroom with a used syringe nearby. Girlfriend confirmed he's struggled with heroin addiction in the past. They've also released the 911 call and to me...I don't know how we live in a society where that's okay...but whatever.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Big TBS 20th Anniversary tour next year. Only the first leg of the tour has been announced, but most cities are getting two shows. They will perform Tell All Your Friends in full both nights and one of Where You Want To Be/Louder Now each night (whichever they don't perform night one will be done night two) along with some other songs.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
any cbk fans here?

just saw them the other night with h2o. great show. hadn't been to a hardcore show in a while so that was fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->