Official Player Inquiry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

combine81

Nov 16, 2005
www.spartak-moscow.ru
Thanks for that link; I've been looking for that site again. It's good for the Blues' other Russian prospects, like Nikitin, Alexandrov, Pervyshin (man, I wish he was 20 cm taller and 20 kg heavier...) and Lemtyugov...

Unfortunately, all it provides for Barulin is his scoring stats. I'm not really interested in his assists, or penalty minutes. I'm assuming that a "-13" for goalies means that he's had 13 goals scored against him, but I'd really like to find something a little more descriptive.

Thanks,

P_B

http://www.global-sport.ru/stats/teams?id=2263
Use this site for stats.

BrondbyDK

Mar 11, 2006
Denmark
eurohockey.net reports, that Denis Istomin has left Metallurg but has not stated where he's going to go. Is here someone who could give more infos on this?

RussianProspects

Feb 14, 2003
www.russianprospects.com
He is a reliable d-man in Russia. I don't know about his NHL potential though - he is reliable second/third pairing in Russia - but doesn't really stand out all that much. He progressed some, but hasn't really blossomed based on what I have seen.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
how's koltsov doing?

This thread his been neglected as of late so I guess I'll attempt to work my way back through the questions. Pomogite rebyata :).

For some reason my brain transposes the d with the f whenever I read your name, nicely contrived. Koltsov has been awsome: he is as dominant on the ice as his stats indicate. The defensive aspect of his game is comming along as well.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
How has Koltsov's defense been?

It was never absolutely horrible to start with, the kid knows how to play some defence when he needs to... its his tendancy to seek the offensive opportunity that got him in trouble in the past. I think Koltsov's defensive aspect of the game is comming along quite nicely: not so much because he is getting better at checking, but with more and more experience he seems to better realize in which situations a conservative play would be in order. Think back to Riga, he was probably Russia's best defender without putting up a single point. Koltsov is not always the one-dimensional offensive defenseman he gets labelled as.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Slitty,
Big Grigs fan(own four different Grigs jersey's) and Wings fan. How has he looked this year. I see only one goal and about 8 helpers. What do you think his chances are for coming over next year? I'm getting the feeling he is getting pretty comfortable in the RSL and may stay. I know he has a young daughter, so maybe that is another reason to stay? Any and all info is appreciated.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
did Ivan Khomutov bolt to Russia? He is no longer on the lowell rinkrats roster, apperently suspended by the team for reasons unreleased. He started off well 1g, 1a, in two games, and was expected to have a breakout year. Anyone know his where abouts? also, is there any relation to Andrei "the rat" Khomutov?

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
combine81 said:

Many thanks, combine81. That link is most helpful.

I am, however, having a little trouble deciphering some of the statistics shown there. Please help me work my way through this, and correct any errors I've made.

Here's a copy of Barulin's stat line as of 9:34 AM Central Time on November 10, 2006:

№ Вратари И Ис Г А О Ш Шп Мин сек Кн "0" Ип В Н П
57 Барулин Константин 12 6 0 0 0 4 15 515 3 1,75 0 5 3 1 1

"Г А О Ш" are Goals, Assists, Points and Penalty Minutes, respectively. Barulin has no goals, no assists, no points, and 4 penalty minutes.

I've figured out that "Мин сек" is Minutes/Seconds, so Barulin has played 515:03. That, divided by 60 minutes, is a base number of 8.58 games played. So I'm assuming that "И" equals Games Played In, which would be 12, and "Ис" equals Games Started, which would be 6.

"Шп" is Goals Against, which is 15. 15/8.58 = 1,75, so "Кн" is the Goals-Against Average. "0" would seem to mean Shutouts, and there's no number in that column at your linked site, so my assumption is that Barulin has no shutouts for Khimik.

"Ип В Н П" are, I'm assuming, Wins, Losses, Ties and Overtime Losses, respectively. If this assumption is correct, Barulin has 5 wins, 3 losses, a tie, and an overtime loss.

While looking for context, I went to www.rushockey.com. The most recent info there shows that Barulin had played three games (129:05), and allowed four goals for a GAA of 1.86 and a save percentage of 92.59. Working back from the save percentage and goals against, I calculated that Barulin had faced 54 shots and stopped 50 of them (50/54 = .9259 ) at that time.

129:05/60 = 2.15. 54/2.15 = 24.186 shots against per 60 minutes played in the three games show on Barulin's rushockey.com stat line.

Assuming that number remained fairly constant, I would expect to see somewhere in Barulin's Cyrillic stat line a number somewhere around 207 (24.186 shots against per 60 minutes played times 8.58), to represent the shots against. I didn't see that, so my assumption is that the Cyrillic stat line does not include a Shots Against or Saves statistic. Is there any place where that information can be obtained?

Thanks for reviewing this, and for any other help you can offer.

P_B

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
did Ivan Khomutov bolt to Russia? He is no longer on the lowell rinkrats roster, apperently suspended by the team for reasons unreleased. He started off well 1g, 1a, in two games, and was expected to have a breakout year. Anyone know his where abouts? also, is there any relation to Andrei "the rat" Khomutov?

Khomutov is with MVD Tver' now. I don't believe he has any relation to Andrei Khomutov.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
can someone tell me how Dennis Grot is doing? I know he doesn't put up the numbers, but I was wondering what kind of defenseman he is and how well he is doing.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Туник Евгений

Looking for info on E. Tunik (NYI Draft pick)?

in 05/06 he played with Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL) and is currently with Krystall Elektrostal on the High League.

Can't find any info on the transfer. Did he go straight to Elektrostal or start 06/07 elsewhere?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Looking for info on E. Tunik (NYI Draft pick)?

in 05/06 he played with Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL) and is currently with Krystall Elektrostal on the High League.

Can't find any info on the transfer. Did he go straight to Elektrostal or start 06/07 elsewhere?

The last time Tyunik played for his developmental team in Krystall Elektrostal' was in 2004-2005. After brief stints with Neftyanik Leninogorsk and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, he is ended up with Khimik Voskresensk of the High League, where he continues playing to this day.

Here is a link to his player profile:
http://www.khimik.ru/comand_players.html?PlayerID=152&GameID=25

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Is this not the same player?

The last time Tyunik played for his developmental team in Krystall Elektrostal' was in 2004-2005. After brief stints with Neftyanik Leninogorsk and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, he is ended up with Khimik Voskresensk of the High League, where he continues playing to this day.

Here is a link to his player profile:
http://www.khimik.ru/comand_players.html?PlayerID=152&GameID=25

Туник Евгений translates to Tunics Yevgeny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been able to locate him playing with Elektrostal as recently as Nov 5th.
11 GP 1 A -4

Not sure how he ended up here but I'll keep digging.

http://www.global-sport.ru/stats/tea...276&day=732985

and this link shows him on the roster but i cant find any transfer info.

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=42826

Last edited:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Туник Евгений translates to Tunics Yevgeny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been able to locate him playing with Elektrostal as recently as Nov 5th.
11 GP 1 A -4

Not sure how he ended up here but I'll keep digging.

http://www.global-sport.ru/stats/tea...276&day=732985

and this link shows him on the roster but i cant find any transfer info.

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=42826

My bad, Tyunik has in fact transfered from Khimik to Krystal' this offseason. Here is Elektrostal's unofficial site, and it indeed has Tyunik playing for Kristal':
http://www.kristall-electrostal.ru/

hockeyprincess

Sep 5, 2006
Kingston, ON
Ilia Proskuryakov

He may have lost every game for the Russian Selects so far in the 2006 ADT Canada-Russia Challenge Series, but I think that he is a really good goalie nonetheless. How is he doing in Russia?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Slitty,
Big Grigs fan(own four different Grigs jersey's) and Wings fan. How has he looked this year. I see only one goal and about 8 helpers. What do you think his chances are for coming over next year? I'm getting the feeling he is getting pretty comfortable in the RSL and may stay. I know he has a young daughter, so maybe that is another reason to stay? Any and all info is appreciated.

He is playing some center again, but being moved from the wing hasn't really helped him much. While Grigorenko hasn't been overly impressive, you must remember that Lada is quite the woeful team and that in its own compounds Grigorenko's poor performance. He is still experiencing pain in -that- leg.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
most impressive player was egor milovzorov, can't believe he's not drafted yet. He kind of reminded me of max afinogenov a little bit. Is he in the super league?

terreur

Jan 27, 2006
Montreal
Andrei Medvedev

Hey, I saw a video on TV talking about WJC canadian teams. At the end they showed a few saves by Andrei Medvedev. I went on Hockey DB and he doesn't have any stats for the seasons after 2002-2003. Does anybody have any news of him? Maybe playing in weaker leagues or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->