*OFFICIAL* Oshawa Generals 2013-14 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Really glad we are sitting on that 2-0 series lead. Three games without Laughton will be tough but we do have a good D core and solid top 6 to hopefully pick up the slack. Dal Colle may have to bring his game to another level.

Northern Maroon

Feb 21, 2014
Mississauga ON Canada
A great game in Oshawa last night 3rd series opening game for Troop goaltender Jake Smith to record a shutout and turns out 51 saves for Altshuller isn't enough. The 3rd period was all North Bay I don't think Oshawa recorded their second shot on goal until after the halfway mark The thoughts of putting the Battalion out in quick fashion like Mississauga and Peterborough must be revisited!

I would like to mention that although I was seated in enemy colours at centre ice in section 104, the fans around me were some of the more courteous and welcoming people I've encountered at a visiting rink. Some nice knowledgeable chat before the game and during the intermissions Hoping for more of the same on Sunday, but should the troops go up 2-0, I will be leaving the building as quickly as I can! ;)

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I was very surprised with the large amount of Battalion fans in attendance. I guess with the long weekend a lot of people decided to take the trip to Oshawa. Zach Bratina was actually sitting behind me too.

I'm not even sure what Oshawa was doing for most of the game besides taking a page out of Toronto Maple Leaf hockey by getting badly out shot. Hopefully Laughton brings some life back into the fwd lines. Lots of fans were giving it to the refs for some missed calls. A couple were nothing to complain about, but there were definitely a few that the refs must have misplaced their whistles on.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
I don't think these types of penalties can be bought back. Only 2nd fight in stoppage type penalties can be. I would think a slew foot could warrant further suspension.

You're right. Brown has to sit the next game (at least). Unless the OHL is changing their rules on the fly again.:laugh:

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Not saying Oshawa can't come back from this deficit, but its hilarious how many people counted North Bay out and predicted sweeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad