Official Oilers 1920 Season Positivity Thread

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Better coaching. better management, better depth, better Pk, better bottom 6, better D, Neal in Lucic out.

May not make the playoffs but the team should be - ahem - visually better.....

Reactions: onetweasy

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Better coaching. better management, better depth, better Pk, better bottom 6, better D, Neal in Lucic out.

May not make the playoffs but the team should be - ahem - visually better.....

This might be the first season people actually understand what the hell that means and agree with it.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Its going to take a little time but I am looking forward to seeing the team execute the new systems.
I think thats going to be a significant difference maker.

Also looking forward to seeing Burdasov play. :D

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I think things are finally going to head in the right direction. Holland being hired was smart. He's not a dolt like Chiarelli. Very interested a year from now when more money gets freed up and what he does with it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I always try to be positive because this is suppose to be fun. But they have McDavid and that is enough reason for me to watch. He's such a special player.

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I am more or less always positive, to many other things to worry about in life to be down over hockey.

Hoping for a good season with much more impact from the bottom 6 and decent goalkeeping. Not too worried about the top 6, but that is thanks to McDavid and Draisaitl alone. D could be better, could be worse. If there are no injuries to our top 3 Ds I like our chances to be in the race for playoffs.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
  • Best player on earth ever McD
  • Best Center ever McD
  • Top right wing/Center Drai
  • Best second line Center Nuge
  • Best rink in North America
  • Nurse is a stud D
  • Bear is an absolute bear
  • Best GM in the league
  • Winning coach
  • Koskinen has shown Vezina performances
  • Best fans on earth

Reactions: ujju2

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I am trying guys. But in the back of my mind i am thinking, for the love of god, if Talbot has a Vezina worthy season my brain might not be able to take it.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
We actually acquired enough bottom 6 talent to fill out a roster, which is much different from our usual plan of throwing the youngins to the wolves and hoping for the best

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Edmonton Eskimos were a Canadian amateur and later professional men's ice hockey team that existed from 1911 to 1927. The Eskimos played for the Stanley Cup against the Ottawa Senators in 1923. The Eskimos defeated the Regina Capitals to win the 1923 WCHL playoffs. They were also the 1923 regular league champions. The Eskimos came in second in the 1922 and 1926 WCHL playoffs.

edmonton-eskimos-hockey-team-1920-1921.jpg

The socks are something...makes it look like the team was partially dressed in drag...lol

Reactions: Oilhawks

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
  • Best player on earth ever McD
  • Best Center ever McD
  • Top right wing/Center Drai
  • Best second line Center Nuge
  • Best rink in North America
  • Nurse is a stud D
  • Bear is an absolute bear
  • Best GM in the league
  • Winning coach
  • Koskinen has shown Vezina performances
  • Best fans on earth

You’re trying too hard on this parody account.

It was better before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad