Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: #NYR have agreed to terms with forward Jesper Fast.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I don't think Cally necessarily wanted out. I just think he wanted to get paid, regardless of where. He had his agent whispering in his ear and leaking crap to the media about the Rangers "paying FAs and asking family to take less."

Callahan was already declining during his last couple seasons here, and wanted to squeeze every last cent out of what would likely be his last contract. He also got the NMC he wanted from TBL. And before anyone says NYR actually offered him a higher AAV, sans NMC, $5.8M in TB is more money than $6M in NY.

The Rangers and Stepan will find the right figure, I'm sure. I expect it to be $6.25-6.75M AAV on a 6-8 year deal.

I agree, Cally was all about the Benjamins. Glad he was traded but we gave up way too much for St. Louis.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Jesper Fast.

Gonna be a hell of a 3rd liner. Minimum.

6th rounder...ya never know.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
It's odd, with the exception of a few unreasonable posters, actually maybe 1, Fast is universally loved. I wonder how long that will last.

He's my favorite current player, I love players that do all the little things correctly and just seem to always be in the way of the other team. They're a pain in the ass to play against but when they're on your team, it's fantastic.

His one weakness is his reluctance to shoot, which is going to cap his ceiling if he doesn't fix it, other than that he would have a big future.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It's odd, with the exception of a few unreasonable posters, actually maybe 1, Fast is universally loved. I wonder how long that will last.

Until he needs a new contract and people hate him because he'll be getting more than they think he's worth.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
“@AdamHerman_BSB: NYR have $7.525M in cap space. Figure Stepan gets between 6M-6.75M. Should leave $800K-$1.2M for injury call-ups. Masterful work by Gorton.”

sn35ZY1.jpg

Great post and I agree. I had a good laugh with pict. of G. :D
We've a really good deal with Fast here, and I look forward to follow his overall progression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad