Pre-Game Talk: OFFICIAL: Nylander will make season debut vs. Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Isn’t it funny? Lots hated Hyman before, now all those people want him back on the first line over Marleau. Looks like the coach and coaching staff actually know what they’re doing.:laugh:
Who are these crazy people that want Hyman with Matthews? I bet Matthews doesn't want him back!

Reactions: Koolboss

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Brownie hasn’t actually looked that bad next to Kadri. But I agree he should be on the 4th.

Stacker29

Feb 17, 2015
Matthews 4 goal game, Nylander sets up all of them.

Detroit is relegated following the game.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
God just the thought of that makes me shake my head, in no way should Brown be on our top line under any circumstances besides catastrophic injuries
He wont be. Hyman is on the top line. He would be on the Matthew's Nylander line.:thumbu:

Reactions: Lauro and Kiwi

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
IMO

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

OR

Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Johnsson-Lindholm-Ennis

Prefer the 1st option, the best 9 forwards end up in the top 9.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Hoping to see johnsson back up there but it will probably still be Marleau.

Nylander will play with Matthews... you want them to find their groove so why wait?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Brownie hasn’t actually looked that bad next to Kadri. But I agree he should be on the 4th.

3 goals in his last 63 games, I'd say that warrants a demotion.

Hopefully we see Johnsson on the LW spot with Nylander and Matthews if Kappy can't play comfortably on the left side.

With that being said, I'm fully expecting Marleau to be their LW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walshy7

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC

I see this happening, with Willy on the Kadri line for the 1st period, or half the game, before sliding him into his old position.

Just wish we could see Kapanen or Johnsson on the 1st line too, at least for remainder of the month to see how things pan out, now that we got the full squad back.

Either way, I am so happy that our daily dilemma is discussions on line juggling.
GLG

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I predict 0 points for Nylander in three games and then slowly get going . But he will look better then most thinks. 14+23 points in this season.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
If Kap is not on the top line, this coaching staff is sort of a joke. Nylander sits his ass out for a quarter of the season, Kap dominates and helps win games. Lazy shithead comes back after signing a non team friendly contract and expects to stroll on the top line ?

Hell, Nylander has proved nothing playing with Matthews. 60 point players of his ilk, may as well be dime a dozen.

Kap has played better recently than Nylander has in what, 3 years ? I hope Kap can continue on. Here is hoping the position is awarded due to recent hard work and progression. Not some scrub living off 2 60 point seasons. As if that is even past prosperity.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
If Kap is not on the top line, this coaching staff is sort of a joke. Nylander sits his ass out for a quarter of the season, Kap dominates and helps win games. Lazy ****head comes back after signing a non team friendly contract and expects to stroll on the top line ?

Hell, Nylander has proved nothing playing with Matthews. 60 point players of his ilk, may as well be dime a dozen.

Kap has played better recently than Nylander has in what, 3 years ? I hope Kap can continue on. Here is hoping the position is awarded due to recent hard work and progression. Not some scrub living off 2 60 point seasons. As if that is even past prosperity.
Nylander might start lower in the lineup to get up to speed but I think it's safe to assume that he'll be back with Matthews in no time. He wouldn't stroll into the role either, he'll be given it because he's that skilled.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Matthews admitted to being gassed at times during his first game back and Babcock in his postgame said such was the case at times against Buffalo. Matthews had a camp and 11(?) games of NHL hockey before his injury. I'm sure it's going to take Nylander a week or 2 to get up to speed. Adrenalin might give him a boost in the first game, but as good a skater as he is, it's going to take time. I just hope there are some here who don't use a slower than hoped for start as a reason to rip into what Nylander brings to the team.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Where did all this talk of Brown playing the off wing come from? Did Babcock say something about it? Who knows, it might get him jolted awake offensively, but he probably only deserves to be the 4th line RW.

Babcock could literally throw a bunch of names up in the air and have a very good forward group no matter how they fall.
RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Matthews admitted to being gassed at times during his first game back and Babcock in his postgame said such was the case at times against Buffalo. Matthews had a camp and 11(?) games of NHL hockey before his injury. I'm sure it's going to take Nylander a week or 2 to get up to speed. Adrenalin might give him a boost in the first game, but as good a skater as he is, it's going to take time. I just hope there are some here who don't use a slower than hoped for start as a reason to rip into what Nylander brings to the team.

Oh don’t doubt people will get in his back. There is a clown on this page who is already mad he hasn’t even had a practice yet. ‘60 point players are a dime a dozen’

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Where did all this talk of Brown playing the off wing come from? Did Babcock say something about it? Who knows, it might get him jolted awake offensively, but he probably only deserves to be the 4th line RW.

Babcock could literally throw a bunch of names up in the air and have a very good forward group no matter how they fall.
RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer

Babs said it. A reporter said “will kappy move to the LW” babs replies “it’s not just him, brown could move to the LW” I’m paraphrasing here but that’s the gist of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad