NFL: OFFICIAL NFL 2018 Season Predictions Thread

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I have a long history of picking NFL games as well as NHL and MLB playoff series and very good at it. My picks for this season are as follows:

AFC
AFC East
TeamWinsLosses
New England Patriots (1)124
New York Jets88
Buffalo Bills79
Miami Dolphins412
AFC North
TeamWins Losses
Pittsburgh Steelers (3)115
Baltimore Ravens88
Cincinnati Bengals610
Cleveland Browns412
AFC South
TeamWinsLosses
Houston Texans (2)115
Indianapolis Colts (6)97
Tennessee Titans79
Jacksonville Jaguars610
AFC West
TeamWins Losses
Los Angeles Chargers (4)106
Kansas City Chiefs (5)106
Denver Broncos79
Oakland Raiders511
NFC
NFC East
TeamWins Losses
Philadelphia Eagles (3)115
Dallas Cowboys (6)106
New York Giants610
Washington Redskins610
NFC North
TeamWinsLosses
Green Bay Packers (4)106
Minnesota Vikings97
Chicago Bears79
Detroit Lions610
NFC South
TeamWins Losses
Atlanta Falcons (1)124
New Orleans Saints (5)106
Carolina Panthers88
Tampa Bay Buccaneers214
NFC West
TeamWinsLosses
Los Angeles Rams (2)115
San Francisco 49ers97
Arizona Cardinals79
Seattle Seahawks79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I have a long history of picking NFL games as well as NHL and MLB playoff series and very good at it. My picks for this season are as follows:

AFC
AFC East
TeamWinsLosses
New England Patriots (1)124
New York Jets88
Buffalo Bills79
Miami Dolphins412
AFC North
TeamWins Losses
Pittsburgh Steelers (3)115
Baltimore Ravens88
Cincinnati Bengals610
Cleveland Browns412
AFC South
TeamWinsLosses
Houston Texans (2)115
Indianapolis Colts (6)97
Tennessee Titans79
Jacksonville Jaguars610
AFC West
TeamWins Losses
Los Angeles Chargers (4)106
Kansas City Chiefs (5)106
Denver Broncos79
Oakland Raiders511
NFC
NFC East
TeamWins Losses
Philadelphia Eagles (3)115
Dallas Cowboys (6)106
New York Giants610
Washington Redskins610
NFC North
TeamWinsLosses
Green Bay Packers (4)106
Minnesota Vikings97
Chicago Bears79
Detroit Lions610
NFC South
TeamWins Losses
Atlanta Falcons (1)124
New Orleans Saints (5)106
Carolina Panthers88
Tampa Bay Buccaneers214
NFC West
TeamWinsLosses
Los Angeles Rams (2)115
San Francisco 49ers97
Arizona Cardinals79
Seattle Seahawks79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Your NFL north looks off. Have you not awared yourself of the FACT that the Bears have traded for Khalil Mack?

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Jaguars at 6-10? Wtf are you smoking

Not much these days

Jacksonville went 10-6 last year with Luck and Watson out. They went 4-0 against the Colts and Texans without those two (technically Watson played in garbage time in one of those games but the point still stands). If that flips which I think is a great possibility, that alone gets them down to 6-10. But even if they do steal a game or two against them they still have to play a first place schedule instead of a fourth place one so there's two more games that could flip. Couple that with Bortles likely regressing to the mean and teams having an offseason to figure out that defense I think them finishing with a shit tier record is probable. They won't be sneaking up on anyone this year.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Not much these days

Jacksonville went 10-6 last year with Luck and Watson out. They went 4-0 against the Colts and Texans without those two (technically Watson played in garbage time in one of those games but the point still stands). If that flips which I think is a great possibility, that alone gets them down to 6-10. But even if they do steal a game or two against them they still have to play a first place schedule instead of a fourth place one so there's two more games that could flip. Couple that with Bortles likely regressing to the mean and teams having an offseason to figure out that defense I think them finishing with a **** tier record is probable. They won't be sneaking up on anyone this year.
I’ll bet you my username the Jags finish better than that.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Vikings

NFC Champs: Packers

Gonna be a bloodbath in the NFC. If you wanted to replace the Vikings with the Niners or Panthers, I wouldn’t argue you too strongly. Ultimately I think Green Bay prevails. Their defense will make enough strides to help Rodgers navigate the NFC.

1. Patriots
2. Jaguars
3. Steelers
4. Chargers
5. Texans
6. Chiefs

AFC Champs: Jacksonville

You’re a homer. Bortles is terrible. They just lost their #1 WR. Andrew Luck is back. Watson is back. Tougher schedule. All things I’ve heard and no doubt will continue to hear. Allow me to retort.

The Jags didn’t lose their top WR. Keelan Cole is still healthy. Go pick him up in your fantasy leagues.

When you beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh by 59 points, including a three touchdown victory at Heinz Field, all in the first five weeks of the year, you’re no longer sneaking up on anyone, especially the way they talk.

It’s a first place schedule and it’s undoubtedly tougher....but it’s a schedule that has a lot of games that feature matchups that bode well for the Jags. They are a team that runs the ball first, second, and third before they think about throwing it and they are going from the 2nd toughest schedule against the run to the 13th easiest. They also happened to add perhaps the best guard in football and put him right next to the best center now that Travis Frederick’s career is in doubt.

Yes Andrew Luck is back and I ask....so what? Has anyone seen the Colts play football? Both lines are atrocious. Yes TY Hilton is excellent but beyond that, their best weapon is a WR Baltimore immediately regretted signing. Baltimore!

DeShaun Watson is back and honestly, I think the Texans have a great team and he’s a star that should keep them in contention for a long time. They’ve got an easier schedule and perhaps they win the division by a game or two based on that. The one thing I’ll say is that Watson was performing at unsustainable rates last year. In order to continue the way he started, he would have had to have one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had and I don’t think that’s realistic.

I’m not a strong believer in the rest of the AFC. At some point, Tom Brady is going to slow down and at this point, it’s a matter of when, not if, Rob Gronkowski gets hurt.

The Steelers are a shell of their former selves. If they were in literally any other division, they wouldn’t be division winners. It’s seemingly the 10th straight year of Chargers hype and the Chiefs first string defense just made Chase Daniel look all world.

So yeah, give me the Jags and Blake Bortles.

Jaguars over Packers in the Super Bowl

Rex Grossman went to the Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl.

Bortles is better than both of them and Jacksonville might be a better defense than both of those teams. Jags win

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
Very good job OP. I disagree on the Jets and Cowboys though. No way Jets win 8 games. I think the Cowboys take a step back and stink it up this year.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Looking back I had a few big misses but overall did solid.

I was way too high on the Sam Darnold and the Jets. I thought Darnold would be able to squeeze more wins out of that talent depleted roster but I was wrong. Still thing he'll end up being the best QB out of this draft class though. I know people are in love with Jackson and Mayfield but plenty of QBs have had one good year only to fizzle out. Slow and steady wins the race.

I pretty much nailed the AFC South. I saw Jacksonville's collapse coming a mile away. That team got every break in 2017. I knew Bortles would regress and that Luck and Watson returning would chip heavily into their win total. CC: @Max Powers AFC West and NFC South were mostly spot on.

I really missed on Atlanta. I thought they would return to 2016 form (or close to it). Less of a target on their backs, another year for Sark's offense to gel and I thought the other teams in the division would fall off a bit (Carolina did, New Orleans didn't). Oh well, can't win em all.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Predictions:

AFC Wild Card Round
Colts over Texans
Chargers over Ravens

AFC Divisional Round
Chiefs over Colts
Patriots over Chargers

AFC Championship Game
Patriots over Chiefs

NFC Wild Card Round
Eagles over Bears
Cowboys over Seahawks

NFC Divisional Round
Eagles over Saints
Rams over Cowboys

NFC Championship Game
Rams over Eagles

SUPERBOWL
Patriots over Rams

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
AFC
Ind over Hou
LAC over Bal

KC over Ind
LAC over NE

KC over LAC

NFC
Chi over Phi
Sea over Dal

Chi over LAR
NO over Sea

Chi over NO

Super Bowl
KC over Chi

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Vikings

NFC Champs: Packers

Gonna be a bloodbath in the NFC. If you wanted to replace the Vikings with the Niners or Panthers, I wouldn’t argue you too strongly. Ultimately I think Green Bay prevails. Their defense will make enough strides to help Rodgers navigate the NFC.

1. Patriots
2. Jaguars
3. Steelers
4. Chargers
5. Texans
6. Chiefs

AFC Champs: Jacksonville

You’re a homer. Bortles is terrible. They just lost their #1 WR. Andrew Luck is back. Watson is back. Tougher schedule. All things I’ve heard and no doubt will continue to hear. Allow me to retort.

The Jags didn’t lose their top WR. Keelan Cole is still healthy. Go pick him up in your fantasy leagues.

When you beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh by 59 points, including a three touchdown victory at Heinz Field, all in the first five weeks of the year, you’re no longer sneaking up on anyone, especially the way they talk.

It’s a first place schedule and it’s undoubtedly tougher....but it’s a schedule that has a lot of games that feature matchups that bode well for the Jags. They are a team that runs the ball first, second, and third before they think about throwing it and they are going from the 2nd toughest schedule against the run to the 13th easiest. They also happened to add perhaps the best guard in football and put him right next to the best center now that Travis Frederick’s career is in doubt.

Yes Andrew Luck is back and I ask....so what? Has anyone seen the Colts play football? Both lines are atrocious. Yes TY Hilton is excellent but beyond that, their best weapon is a WR Baltimore immediately regretted signing. Baltimore!

DeShaun Watson is back and honestly, I think the Texans have a great team and he’s a star that should keep them in contention for a long time. They’ve got an easier schedule and perhaps they win the division by a game or two based on that. The one thing I’ll say is that Watson was performing at unsustainable rates last year. In order to continue the way he started, he would have had to have one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had and I don’t think that’s realistic.

I’m not a strong believer in the rest of the AFC. At some point, Tom Brady is going to slow down and at this point, it’s a matter of when, not if, Rob Gronkowski gets hurt.

The Steelers are a shell of their former selves. If they were in literally any other division, they wouldn’t be division winners. It’s seemingly the 10th straight year of Chargers hype and the Chiefs first string defense just made Chase Daniel look all world.

So yeah, give me the Jags and Blake Bortles.

Jaguars over Packers in the Super Bowl

Rex Grossman went to the Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl.

Bortles is better than both of them and Jacksonville might be a better defense than both of those teams. Jags win
Ouch. Just a bit off. Especially with the Jags take.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
LAC>BAL
IND>HOU
SEA>DAL
CHI>PHI

NE>LAC
IND>KC

LAR>CHI
NO>SEA

NE>IND
LAR>NO [all logic points to NO but I'm a homer]

LAR/NO>NE

I feel less confident with my wild card picks then I do the divisional/conference games lol. Really have no idea who wins in 3 of the 4. I am fairly confident the Superbowl winner is coming out of the NFC.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Predictions:

AFC Wild Card Round
Colts over Texans
Chargers over Ravens

AFC Divisional Round
Chiefs over Colts
Patriots over Chargers

AFC Championship Game