HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think it's pretty much what they have done with LA (and perhaps SJ)....

Too bad the deal with LA did not work. Habs would finally have a decent LD (Murzin) to play with Weber, as well as the 19th overall pick who could had been Beaudin or Begrenn
Dana Murzyn? He was slow in the 90s. Imagine he came back now???
I’m kidding I know you meant Muzzin

I couldn’t resist cuz murzyn was so slow and useless

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
No roster changes, projected bottom 5 in NHL.
Habs need two more top 5 picks and also trade Price, Weber and Max... for picks and young players.

He needs to do it quickly, else the Habs won’t get those top picks and will finish middle of the pack wasting again multiple years on Drouin, Domi and co.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Dana Murzyn? He was slow in the 90s. Imagine he came back now???
I’m kidding I know you meant Muzzin

I couldn’t resist cuz murzyn was so slow and useless
I used to heckle Murzyn non-stop when he was with the Whalers and then, after I moved to BC, with the Canucks. I remember one game against Gretzky and the Rangers at then-GM Place when he made Murzyn his personal traffic cone. Murzyn should have just retired from hockey after that game.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I used to heckle Murzyn non-stop when he was with the Whalers and then, after I moved to BC, with the Canucks. I remember one game against Gretzky and the Rangers at then-GM Place when he made Murzyn his personal traffic cone. Murzyn should have just retired from hockey after that game.
How murzyn had any career at all was amazing
I remember watching him live in Vancouver as well
Holy f*** he was slow. They had him and Robert dirk on the same d core.
They made alzner and benn look like speedsters

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Nothing was in their power; it was all up to JT. They made it known they were interested, he offered them a meeting. They went to the meeting and said "here's our offer" just like the other 5 teams he met with. At the end of the day, Tavares chose to play for his hometown team. The money was going to be there no matter which team he chose but only one was the team he cheered for as a kid. Again, you can thank all the Leaf cheerleaders on HNIT and TSN for that as much as the Leafs themselves. They're the ones who brainwashed a 7 year old Tavares into believing that the Leafs were the end-all, be-all of hockey teams even though, when Tavares was a kid, the Leafs were so bad they shouldn't have even been shown on TV to begin with.

Back in 2007-8 when JT was 7 years old and sleeping on those Leafs bedsheets while wearing his Leafs pajamas, his favourite team finished dead last in their division and 11 points out of a playoff spot. But the networks still rammed them down the nation's collective throat two and three times a week, just like always.

You seem to have inside information about so many things, including what and how the Leafs presented to Tavares.

I'm sure all they had to say was, "We'll write you a big check, " because as a home town boy he had no interest in his deployment, linemates, salary structure, the team's plans for the future, etc.

The Leafs were certainly the favourites to sign him, but to state categorically that nothing could influence Tavares outside of the city itself is a naive and arrogant thing to suggest.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Can we start guessing how many fans will show up at the Bell centre this coming season to watch that team ? I will go with 18,000 on average. And the TV ratings will be even lower than last year.

They better win, and win fast, right from Game one of the training camp.

Guess all the 'true fans' mocking people for wanting the team to lose and saying we should believe/cheer them to win every game aren't so true after all.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thought we might be in on the CDH sweepstakes, to make the D bedder...and he goes to Carolina...wow.

MB having the habs hit new lows each and every day...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Thought we might be in on the CDH sweepstakes, to make the D bedder...and he goes to Carolina...wow.

MB having the habs hit new lows each and every day...

What exactly did you expect CDH to do for this team? From rebuilding to contender?

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just go by what my GM says

we're doing it boys we need some backup

Don't listen to what he says. He is not a good talker ;). Look at what he does. So far, there is no indications of throwing money at players like he did with Alzner last year. And none of us really know what the plan is. However, I do believe he is going day by day and he evaluates every move individually. You don't have to like him and the moves he has made but he refuses to mortgage the future and this is likely the reason why he is still employed. Unlike the Sens... they mortgaged the future in the Duchene trade. They are in a huge mess.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Don't listen to what he says. He is not a good talker ;). Look at what he does. So far, there is no indications of throwing money at players like he did with Alzner last year. And none of us really know what the plan is. However, I do believe he is going day by day and he evaluates every move individually. You don't have to like him and the moves he has made but he refuses to mortgage the future and this is likely the reason why he is still employed. Unlike the Sens... they mortgaged the future in the Duchene trade. They are in a huge mess.

I haven't pronounced myself yet but here's where I stand as of right now :

I appreciate him not trading our picks away and drafting hard as a rebuilding team would

I don't appreciate him lying to us. I don't appreciate him not calling it a rebuild. I don't appreciate him being the one making these moves after destroying this team. This is what we have and we're stuck with him, but i'm not stuck with this team and I hope nobody else is. I'll be watching other things until he's gone, i'll keep track of the younger players I care about and hope they'll succeed under the next GM.

I just want nothing to do with his new plan no matter what it is, I don't have it in me to believe him or to deal with Claude Julien protecting the 0-0 lead all season so i'm just gonna hard pass on this team for the first time in my life

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I haven't pronounced myself yet but here's where I stand as of right now :

I appreciate him not trading our picks away and drafting hard as a rebuilding team would

I don't appreciate him lying to us. I don't appreciate him not calling it a rebuild. I don't appreciate him being the one making these moves after destroying this team. This is what we have and we're stuck with him, but i'm not stuck with this team and I hope nobody else is. I'll be watching other things until he's gone, i'll keep track of the younger players I care about and hope they'll succeed under the next GM.

I just want nothing to do with his new plan no matter what it is, I don't have it in me to believe him or to deal with Claude Julien protecting the 0-0 lead all season so i'm just gonna hard pass on this team for the first time in my life

My biggest problem with Bergevin is his speaking skills. He needs to shut his mouth like Yzerman and Shannahan. One of our vets at our company told me something the other day... learn two things before you speak once. Bergevin can learn from this advice no doubt

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I like CDH but after the draft I think we should target a young LHD in the Pacioretty trade which would make CDH unnecessary..

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
My biggest problem with Bergevin is his speaking skills. He needs to shut his mouth like Yzerman and Shannahan. One of our vets at our company told me something the other day... learn two things before you speak once. Bergevin can learn from this advice no doubt

your biggest problem still isn't where the team is at BECAUSE OF HIM ? :laugh:

keep the gimmick alive

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
your biggest problem still isn't where the team is at BECAUSE OF HIM ? :laugh:

keep the gimmick alive

There are a few things that I don't like. Some I don't mind. The latest? How he managed Galchenyuk. Signs the 3 year deal backing us in the corner and then trades him for low value. I have my opinions on why we are where we are today vs what we had in 2012 but that has been talked about over and over.

He is making moves for the sake of making changes. He attacked our players this past year cause they had bad attitude. However, he fails to realize that losing Radulov and Markov is on him and that affects team confidence and attitude.

Jul 6, 2016
There are a few things that I don't like. Some I don't mind. The latest? How he managed Galchenyuk. Signs the 3 year deal backing us in the corner and then trades him for low value. I have my opinions on why we are where we are today vs what we had in 2012 but that has been talked about over and over.

He is making moves for the sake of making changes. He attacked our players this past year cause they had bad attitude. However, he fails to realize that losing Radulov and Markov is on him and that affects team confidence and attitude.

Absolutely right. And Claude Julien did not do anything either the fix that "attitude" problem. Even MT would had done better.

Anyway, The "attitude" buzz word is gonna be very soon the "Plattitude", as we say in French. Very boring team to watch.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
At this point I’m not sure if trade Patches for a roster player prospect unless they’re 23 or under. The rest would be picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->