HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If Bergevin can pull off even half of that, he's probably an actual wizard (unless he picks the D he usually does and the team misses the playoffs again).

Its all mindbogglingly unrealistic though.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
1. Sign Tavares
2. Draft Dahlin
3. Trade Pacioretty, Benn, Schlemko
4. Change the ahl personel and the nhl assistant coaches.

Reactions: bobholly39

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
1. Sign John Tavares

2. Win the Lottery
Draft Dahlin

3. Big changes in the staff

Rick Dudley = Darcy Regier
Larry Carriere = Joël Bouchard
Trevor Timmins = Martin Madden Jr
Jean-Jacques Daigneault = Phillipe Boucher
Dan Lacroix = Guy Boucher (IF he's fired) or Jim Hulton
Sylvain Lefebvre = Dominique Ducharme
Eric Crawford = Blair MacKasey
Rob Ramage = Yanic Perreault
Shane Churla = Stéphane Pilotte
Serges Boivert, Donald Audette (QMJHL Scouts) = Jérome Mésonéro,
Michel Boucher, Christian Vermette

4. Trade for Alex Wennberg in Columbus

5. Trade Karl Alzner and Andrew Shaw vs Loui Eriksson and Ben Hutton

6. Trade Jordie Benn and David Schlemko for picks

7. UFA

Sign Jonathan Bernier at 2,5m if Price is injured

I agree with most of it but trading schlemko, Benn and Alzner when we already have a meh d squad won’t be pretty.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Win lottery, sign Tavares, and then manage not take a step back in usual Bergevin fashion.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
1. Sign John Tavares

2. Win the Lottery
Draft Dahlin

3. Big changes in the staff

Rick Dudley = Darcy Regier
Larry Carriere = Joël Bouchard
Trevor Timmins = Martin Madden Jr
Jean-Jacques Daigneault = Phillipe Boucher
Dan Lacroix = Guy Boucher (IF he's fired) or Jim Hulton
Sylvain Lefebvre = Dominique Ducharme
Eric Crawford = Blair MacKasey
Rob Ramage = Yanic Perreault
Shane Churla = Stéphane Pilotte
Serges Boivert, Donald Audette (QMJHL Scouts) = Jérome Mésonéro,
Michel Boucher, Christian Vermette

4. Trade for Alex Wennberg in Columbus

5. Trade Karl Alzner and Andrew Shaw vs Loui Eriksson and Ben Hutton

6. Trade Jordie Benn and David Schlemko for picks

7. UFA

Sign Jonathan Bernier at 2,5m if Price is injured

I'd buy a Montreal season package at NHL.com immediately if you got that team. I have always liked Wennberg, but I don't like Eriksson.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wait ... wait ... wait ... we extended Dan m**** f**** Lacroix last summer? How incompetent you must be to extend this guy it's unbelievable.

I agree. And I think JJD was, as well (could be wrong). And we know the AHL staff was also.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Jean-Charles on 91.9 Sports just said on air that according to his sources, Lefebvre will be removed from coach in Laval but will replace Daigneault in Montreal. As has been rumoured lately.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So Jean-Charles on 91.9 Sports just said on air that according to his sources, Lefebvre will be removed from coach in Laval but will replace Daigneault in Montreal. As has been rumoured lately.

Calling Nick Carrier as AHL head coach.

Heard it here first.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Calling Nick Carrier as AHL head coach.

Heard it here first.

I'll say this, IF Larry Carrière along with the assistant coaches get the axe and are replaced by Joel Bouchard and Dominic Ducharme, then I may be able to swallow Lefebvre as assistant coach in Montreal. Not sure how I'll feel 100% yet. But Ducharme/Bouchard would really help off set my disappointment.

Reactions: LaP

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll say this, IF Larry Carrière along with the assistant coaches get the axe and are replaced by Joel Bouchard and Dominic Ducharme, then I may be able to swallow Lefebvre as assistant coach in Montreal. Not sure how I'll feel 100% yet. But Ducharme/Bouchard would really help off set my disappointment.

It's gonna be mostly window dressing. Bergevin is going to do very little toe remove his friends.. I'm sure Daigneault will be bumped to video coach or something, involving a sizeable raise.

Ricck

Sep 28, 2017
anyone has the pictures that compares the AHL coaches and shows Sylvain has the one with the worst record?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So tonight, in the pre-game of the Laval's game on the radio, Marcotte and Doucet sat with Lefebvre to do a little post-mortem for Laval before the real post-mortem. Marcotte mentioned that Lefebvre was very laid back and did not seem as stressed as he was the last few weeks.

They did ask him if he's going to Montreal, Lefebvre never confirmed or denied, but Marcotte said that he's under the impression it's what will happen.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's gonna be mostly window dressing. Bergevin is going to do very little toe remove his friends.. I'm sure Daigneault will be bumped to video coach or something, involving a sizeable raise.
My guess is he'll be promoted to Bergevin's "wardrobe coordinator"

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Does it really matter if Lefebvre is running the D in Montreal?

I mean, at a certain point, JJD was running the D in Montreal and our D was considered a strength.

But it was considered a strength because it had Subban, Markov, Petry & Emelin...

Actual talent matters way more than who decides who goes out for a shift...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I mean, at a certain point, JJD was running the D in Montreal and our D was considered a strength.

But it was considered a strength because it had Subban, Markov, Petry & Emelin...

Completely agreed. If MB had brought in better players, maybe no one would want JJD out of here.

And maybe, JUST MAYBE, Lefebvre is better suited to be an assistant where someone like Julien call the shots instead of being the guy in charge as he was as head coach.

I think we'd all agree he should be completely gone.

Reactions: Rockomax and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Completely agreed. If MB had brought in better players, maybe no one would want JJD out of here.

And maybe, JUST MAYBE, Lefebvre is better suited to be an assistant where someone like Julien call the shots instead of being the guy in charge as he was as head coach.

I think we'd all agree he should be completely gone.

Agreed - but he probably can do way less damage as an assistant coach in the NHL than he would as a head coach in the AHL.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I agree with most of it but trading schlemko, Benn and Alzner when we already have a meh d squad won’t be pretty.

It already isn’t pretty with those guys. Alzner won’t be going anywhere but Benn and Schlemko should be dumped as soon as possible. They’re dime a dozen players who can replaced easily threw free agency. If we’re going to have awful defenceman, may as well get some fresh ones with a different mentality.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Daigneault has made poor decisions on D, I remember distinctly him lacking sync during last year's playoffs

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Daigneault has made poor decisions on D, I remember distinctly him lacking sync during last year's playoffs
So do many coaches...

I think we're over-analyzing things here....were talking about the position of assistant coach, it really doesn't have that much influence on things.

Whether the assistant coach is JJD or SL or Muller or anyone...

Until the talent level improves on the backend, no one is going to coach miracles out of this group.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So do many coaches...

I think we're over-analyzing things here....were talking about the position of assistant coach, it really doesn't have that much influence on things.

Whether the assistant coach is JJD or SL or Muller or anyone...

Until the talent level improves on the backend, no one is going to coach miracles out of this group.

I really think daigneault needs to go and I'm not in the same cynical boat as most posters here. He has been bad.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I really think daigneault needs to go and I'm not in the same cynical boat as most posters here. He has been bad.
Neither am I...I just legit do not care who is assistant coach on this team

It just doesny rank very high on my list of things that need to change on this team or for this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->