HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nothing much is going on in Habs land. I guess that the "big clean up" has been done.

It's all about the draft now. They're having their scouting meetings so it makes sense there isn't much else going on. They just held their European combine the other day in Sweden.

Bergevin did say that the amateur scouting department will be evaluated after the draft and there could be changes made there.

They already got rid of their Ontario scout. So someone will replace him. Friedman indicated that Habs are one of the teams looking to bring in Mark Hunter.

Maybe they can have Hunter be their Ontario scout while they let him work directly with his brother in running the London Knights like he was before. He can pull double duty.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What the hell is this stuff I’m reading of Jack Johnson at 6m???
Bob MacKenzie suggested a player like JJ could make 5-6M in free agency...

Now it's become

"the Montreal Canadiens are going to sign Jack Johnson to 5-6M/yr contract".

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

He NEVER said he expects the Canadiens to be interested...First of all, that tweet does not capture the context in which MacKenzie was talking about Jack Johnson.

Here are ACTUAL quotes from MacKenzie's radio hit from yesterday morning

Bob MacKenzie "I'm not sure what the market will command for Jackson Johnson but you gotta think that any Dman like that, that goes to free agency is going to expect to get, you know...in the neighborhood of 6 million dollars, give or take 1 million...and whether Montreal makes sense for him (Jack Johnson) and vice versa, certainly remains to seen, but there's no question the Canadiens are looking to bolster their blueline".

This quote does not = Bob MacKenzie expects the Canadiens to be interested.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Bob MacKenzie suggested a player like JJ could make 5-6M in free agency...

Now it's become

"the Montreal Canadiens are going to sign Jack Johnson to 5-6M/yr contract".

I heard they were willing to pay JJ 9M for 7 years, but were offering Pacioretty 5M for four years on a take-it-or-leave-it offer.

Obviously, I'm kidding, but anything goes with fans when t comes to Bergevin who they depict as a chimp in a GM's job.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I heard they were willing to pay JJ 9M for 7 years, but were offering Pacioretty 5M for four years on a take-it-or-leave-it offer.

Obviously, I'm kidding, but anything goes with fans when t comes to Bergevin who they depict as a chimp in a GM's job.
It just kills me how some choose to believe what "insiders" say based purely on their own confirmation bias.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He NEVER said he expects the Canadiens to be interested...First of all, that tweet does not capture the context in which MacKenzie was talking about Jack Johnson.

Here are ACTUAL quotes from MacKenzie's radio hit from yesterday morning

Bob MacKenzie "I'm not sure what the market will command for Jackson Johnson but you gotta think that any Dman like that, that goes to free agency is going to expect to get, you know...in the neighborhood of 6 million dollars, give or take 1 million...and whether Montreal makes sense for him (Jack Johnson) and vice versa, certainly remains to seen, but there's no question the Canadiens are looking to bolster their blueline".

This quote does not = Bob MacKenzie expects the Canadiens to be interested.

Yeah, people on Twitter, or anywhere for that matter, loves to assume things are official, when they're not.

And it was more to corroborate the 6M$ range, no need to pee yourself.

MCG31 question still stands though, in what world does Jack Johnson is worth 6M$/season ?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah, people on Twitter, or anywhere for that matter, loves to assume things are official, when they're not.

And it was more to corroborate the 6M$ range, no need to pee yourself.

MCG31 question still stands though, in what world does Jack Johnson is worth 6M$/season ?
I'm not upset or pissy...i'm just clarifying information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->