HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I don't think Carr and McCarron would be back
I don't think they'd let them go for nothing. They're both RFAs.

My post was exclusively talking about whether or not they'd be qualified/offered a contract, I should've made that clearer. I wasn't thinking about trades or anything like that.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don't think they'd let them go for nothing. They're both RFAs.

My post was exclusively talking about whether or not they'd be qualified/offered a contract, I should've made that clearer. I wasn't thinking about trades or anything like that.

they value nothing... sign 2 others player in the UFA for the Rockets

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
they value nothing... sign 2 others player in the UFA for the Rockets
Carr had a fairly productive year, don't see why he couldn't at least contend for a 4th line role next year.
McCarron is likely Laval material, but he's only 23, might as well give him one more year to see if he can at least be a useful 4th liner.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
According to Vince Cauchon, who I don't necessarily trust (but I believe it's worth the discussion), someone has told him that Lefebvre will end up replacing JJD as the defense coach in Montreal.

Tony Marinaro in one of the Friday scrums said what he would do is make Ducharme coach of Laval (agreed), make Bouchard GM of Laval and Assistant GM to Bergevin (agreed), and he can see Lefebvre become the defense coach in Montreal as he's already been a D coach in Colorado earlier in his career (disagree).

I don't want Lefebvre anywhere near this organization. But I wouldn't be surprised if something like this does happen.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
According to Vince Cauchon, who I don't necessarily trust (but I believe it's worth the discussion), someone has told him that Lefebvre will end up replacing JJD as the defense coach in Montreal.

Tony Marinaro in one of the Friday scrums said what he would do is make Ducharme coach of Laval (agreed), make Bouchard GM of Laval and Assistant GM to Bergevin (agreed), and he can see Lefebvre become the defense coach in Montreal as he's already been a D coach in Colorado earlier in his career (disagree).

I don't want Lefebvre anywhere near this organization. But I wouldn't be surprised if something like this does happen.

the some one is Stephane Lebeau

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So, it looks like Sly gets promoted to an asst with the big club, for doing such a $hitty job in the AHL........sure sounds like things are a changing...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
OMG, nothing changes with this freaking organization.

They need to purge all their coaches top to bottom, except Julien since he just started and didn’t have his own staff. Let him hire his own assistants and if we have another crap year, well, fire him then.

I love Muller, and our PP was great in the second half of the season. However, if we’re genuine about wiping the slate clean, just do it.

That said, figure out the freaking identity of this team. If we want a young and skilled team, I don’t think Julien is the coach for the job either.

Reactions: bsl and ArsHabs

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
What the hell are we suppose to do with David Schlemko?

2 more years are 2.1M. Ugh...f***ing MB.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Worst PK in the league needs someone’s head to roll.

The mess in Laval needs heads to roll from the Laval GM on down.

These pals of Bergevin who don’t live in the city, not truly immersed or committed such as Dudley, Mellandby, Lapointe need to be sent packing.

None of this will happen. This owner is a liar who is pissing on our heads and telling us it’s only rain.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
From Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts:

16. Dominique Ducharme is GM and coach of QMJHL Drummondville, down 2-1 to Victoriaville in the Quebec League playoffs. Joel Bouchard is president and GM of Blainville-Boisbriand, up 3-0 on Moncton. Will either or both have a role with the Montreal Canadiens when their junior seasons end?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
From Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts:

16. Dominique Ducharme is GM and coach of QMJHL Drummondville, down 2-1 to Victoriaville in the Quebec League playoffs. Joel Bouchard is president and GM of Blainville-Boisbriand, up 3-0 on Moncton. Will either or both have a role with the Montreal Canadiens when their junior seasons end?

I think Ducharme is a lock since he's ready to take the next step and Montreal just can't let him go somewhere else, especially since Lefebvre must go. They must hire a french guy and there's not a lot of option and he's a good one regardless of language.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Only Buffalo got less offense from their D-core this past season. While a healthy Weber will help that, the D groups inability to help create offense was a glaring hole. And Weber generally suppresses offense at even strength for both teams. The Center position needs to be dealt with, but even if the team somehow adequately deals with their center problem, they aren't going to be able to win a cup without fixing their D core too. And even with all their cap space, they don't really have the room to do both.

lauzon19

Sep 25, 2016
Gatineau, Qc
If I was Bergevin... A perfect summer for me would be this :

1. See the salary cap at 80M (Now with 18M in cap space).

2. Of course sign Tavares with a contract of 7 years and 13M per season.

3. Trade Jeff Petry for more cap space and assets. With 40 points this season a team could be interested. We would like to reduce the salary cap here. Trade 5.5 for 2 and have +3m.

** now 8m left

4. Trade Karl Alzner for Milan Lucic.
I am tired of Alzner and Lucic on a third line with his experience and relationship with Claude Julien could be great. (8-1.375m )

Now 6.625m

5. Trade Pacioretty, Drouin or Galchenyuk for a LD (same $ per year) that can play with Shea Weber.

6. Sign Paul Stastny (his father always told him that if he has the chance to play in the province of Quebec he should) or Trade Shaw, 2nd round pick (MTL - 35 or CHI - 38) and Scherbak for Ryan Oreilly.

Option 1 :Stastny case try to sign him for 5.5-6m per year

** 1.125m to .625m left

Option 2: With 6.625m left, Ryan Oreilly at 7.5 and because we trade Shaw at 3.9 we now have (6.625+3.9)-7.5=3.025m left for Danault.

Dream team after summer 2018-19
** Galchenyuk for the LD

Pacioretty - Tavares - Gallagher
Drouin - Stastny/Oreilly - Lehkonen
Lucic - Danault - Byron
Deslauriers - De la Rose - Hudon

New LD - Weber
** Maybe a D with the 2018 Draft - Juulsen
Schlemko - Benn

Price - Niemi/Lindgren

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
1. Sign John Tavares

2. Win the Lottery
Draft Dahlin

3. Big changes in the staff

Rick Dudley = Darcy Regier
Larry Carriere = Joël Bouchard
Trevor Timmins = Martin Madden Jr
Jean-Jacques Daigneault = Phillipe Boucher
Dan Lacroix = Guy Boucher (IF he's fired) or Jim Hulton
Sylvain Lefebvre = Dominique Ducharme
Eric Crawford = Blair MacKasey
Rob Ramage = Yanic Perreault
Shane Churla = Stéphane Pilotte
Serges Boivert, Donald Audette (QMJHL Scouts) = Jérome Mésonéro,
Michel Boucher, Christian Vermette

4. Trade for Alex Wennberg in Columbus

5. Trade Karl Alzner and Andrew Shaw vs Loui Eriksson and Ben Hutton

6. Trade Jordie Benn and David Schlemko for picks

7. UFA

Sign Jonathan Bernier at 2,5m if Price is injured

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
If only bergevin could see this then it would happen now. But Tavares was saying he loves NYI and wants to stay there, guessing he will get a contract renewal. Great lines over all, but I really disagree with Lucic, I'd rather get a third liner with speed and offensive awareness/playmaker for our scorers. And our young prospects are growing slowly they would be a good addition since they'll have a offseason training camp so they probably get little better overall. Great thoughts tho (Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->