HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread II: Post-Draft & Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I just think Juulsen and Mete will benefit more playing top minutes on a winning team in the AHL than the gongshow in Montreal.
Mete wasn't ready for the NHL last year. I meant he wasn't awful, but it was obvious he wasn't there yet, but given he wasn't eligible for the AHL the team wanted to keep him up to replace the offence of Suban, Sergachev, and Markov.

This year he needs to go to Laval. It will be better for him. Juulsen seems more ready to me, but if he started in Laval I wouldn't mind either.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
What's the point? Develop them in the NHL... Put Mete on the first pair and let him play. There're literally no expectations for this team going into the season so let the kids play. They might surprise...

I’m not too sure of the status of their pro contracts, but my question would be: why waste a year of their contact or development? If they could play regularly in the AHL, and help create a winning environment for a year in Laval (Calder Cup run), then they could be even stronger when the come up next year.

I could see the Habs putting together a season where they just make the playoffs, and then bow out early, or them sucking again and being in the lottery where anything can happen.I’d prefer the latter, because a top pick next year that could compliment our influx of rookies immediately, and we then might have enough for a Cinderella Run at the cup.

If Weber & Price & Paccio are dynamite in the post-season, then all bets are off, though. All 3 of them firing on all 12 cylinders would be formidable. Just never seen it yet.

... Emilin was also pretty solid when he was here, played well with Weber, and could be flipped if we miss the playoffs. Also, I could see him wanting to come back to the Habs ... heart and Soul.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Free agents the Habs should be interested in are Montreal native 6'4"- 208lbs. C/RW Alex Chiasson(SCC) & RHD Ryan Sproul whose offensive abilities could be handy for their PP this year. At the very least a PTO contract to each for the added competition at training camp.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Molson brought back the guy who was running the production during games at the Bell Center before. He was away for the last 5 years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Thanks to @Runner77 for bringing the new amateur scout hires. I finally got around to adding the two named ones in Godin's article in the "Other Departments" section. There is a third one that's been hired but he doesn't name him.

Also, I added Joel Ward to the "PTO" section.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd claim Dotchin... Insurance until Weber gets back and Juulsen can play in the AHL

No need to claim him. They will terminate his contract, so he will be a UFA. However, it was said they will terminate it due to a material breach. I don't know what that means but I have read that he came to camp in bad shape. I wouldn't go near him if that's the case. I'd rather have Juulsen in the NHL over an out of shape Dotchin whose contract is being terminated.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
No need to claim him. They will terminate his contract, so he will be a UFA. However, it was said they will terminate it due to a material breach. I don't know what that means but I have read that he came to camp in bad shape. I wouldn't go near him if that's the case. I'd rather have Juulsen in the NHL over an out of shape Dotchin whose contract is being terminated.
It's not the first time this happens too, he was suspended during pre-season last year for an issue that wasn't talked about.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

If that's the case, pretty sure Bergevin wouldn't go near him anyway, the way it ended with Kassian is telling.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
If that's the case, pretty sure Bergevin wouldn't go near him anyway, the way it ended with Kassian is telling.
You're probably right that Bergy is most likely still sour about the Kassian situation but these are the type of bargain bins situation I can get behind. The payoff is big and it can help the player who's trying to get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad