Not open for further replies.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

The new Thy Art Is Murder sounds like the last one

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
My blogg: https://thepowerblogg.wordpress.com/

Made a Cains Offering - Stormcrow review last night.

Could maybe post one more today. Have two more albums i am ready to review, just need to bother opening Word...

Stormcrow is a really good album. You listen to the Bonus Track too? Almost very SA-esque with the keyboard intro.

Here it is:

Also: Consider your blog bookmarked. I'm pretty happy to find another source of PM; and checking out Winterborn right now.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Stormcrow is a really good album. You listen to the Bonus Track too? Almost very SA-esque with the keyboard intro.

Here it is:

Also: Consider your blog bookmarked. I'm pretty happy to find another source of PM; and checking out Winterborn right now.

I had not. Thanks for posting, that might very well be the best song, atleast a top 3 on the album. But holy macaronies, those melodies are so Sonata Arctica :yo: The instrumental track on Stormcrow is really strong too. Very pirates of the carribean esque.

That makes me very glad to hear! I am going to make more Botw posts. Have like 60+ bands for it anyway so it shouldnt be a problem whatsoever.

My blogg has been dead alot since i started it, but i am really trying to make a good comeback now, and i do plan to keep it active for some time now. Just hope my motivation doesnt die.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
WELP. I think I may have to save up some money.

http://sonataarctica.info/news/2015...upport-for-nightwish-2016-north-american-tour

DIRECT SUPPORT FOR NIGHTWISH 2016 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
June 20, 2015
Finnish melodic metal heroes SONATA ARCTICA have announced their highly-anticipated 26-date North American tour for 2016 with headliners NIGHTWISH! The trek launches in Sayreville, New Jersey on February 19th, hitting six Canadian cities plus Pittsburgh, Anaheim, and New Orleans, then closing out in Tampa, Florida on March 23rd. Opening for the tour will be Dutch symphonic metallers DELAIN.

SONATA ARCTICA keyboard player Henrik “Henkka” Klingenberg checks in with a special message for their North American fans:

“It’s again been far too long since our last American tour, so we’re really happy to announce that we’re coming back once again…and with NIGHTWISH nevertheless. As we’ll be working on our next studio album in the spring of 2016, be ready to hear some surprises during the tour. Even if we prepared to be in the studio for the whole spring, this was an opportunity that we couldn’t pass on and we’re all looking forward to see our North American fans once again and kick some ass. Until then, take care and a big cheers!!”

Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased at EnterTheVault.com or at any other ticket service. Check online and buy your tickets today!

Confirmed dates for the upcoming NIGHTWISH 2016 tour with SONATA ARCTICA and Delain are:

2/19/2016 Starland Ballroom – Sayreville, NJ

2/20/2016 Webster Theater – Hartford, CT

2/21/2016 Metropolis – Montreal, QC CANADA

2/22/2016 Music Hall – London, ON CANADA

2/24/2016 Carnegie Music Hall – Pittsburgh, PA

2/25/2016 LC Pavilion – Columbus, OH

2/26/2016 Royal Oak Music Theatre – Royal Oak, MI

2/27/2016 Rave – Milwaukee, WI

2/29/2016 First Avenue – Minneapolis, MN

3/01/2016 Burton Cummings Theatre – Winnipeg, MB CANADA

3/02/2016 O’Briens Events Center – Saskatoon, SK CANADA

3/03/2016 Winspear Center – Edmonton AB CANADA

3/05/2016 MacEwan Hall Ballroom – Calgary, AB CANADA

3/06/2016 Wilma Theatre –Missoula, MT

3/07/2016 Showbox SoDo – Seattle, WA

3/08/2016 Knitting Factory – Boise, ID

3/10/2016 Knitting Factory – Reno, NV

3/11/2016 City National Civic of San Jose – San Jose, CA

3/12/2016 The Grove – Anaheim, CA

3/13/2016 Rialto Theatre – Tucson, AZ

3/15/2016 City Auditorium – Colorado Springs, CO

3/16/2016 Uptown Theater – Kansas City, MO

3/18/2016 Diamond Ballroom – Oklahoma City, OK

3/19/2016 Aztec Music Hall – San Antonio, TX

3/20/2016 New Orleans Civic Theatre – New Orleans, LA

3/21/2016 Iron City Live – Birmingham, AL

3/23/2016 The Ritz – Tampa, FL

Hope to be there for Sonata Arctica, may stay for Nigthwish. :yo::yo:

And of course they say they're working on another album and possibly showing new stuff. Stoked!

Last edited:

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013

Any black metal out there similar to Master's Hammer's debut? Really great album and very unique; I can hear a ton of MF/Maiden influences on the album which is cool.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Sum 41 has no place in this thread. I can't believe anyone would attempt to argue otherwise.

re; Master's Hammer/Ritual

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Both posts belong here. If you dont like metal, go to another thread. But master of puppets and the bitter end both qualifies as metal. Especially MoP. The Bitter end, is very borderline, but its still heavy.

You dont like that? Maybe you shouldnt read this thread.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Both posts belong here. If you dont like metal, go to another thread. But master of puppets and the bitter end both qualifies as metal. Especially MoP. The Bitter end, is very borderline, but its still heavy.

You dont like that? Maybe you shouldnt read this thread.

Sum 41 is terrible junior high school pop punk. Them covering a song that was in the Top 40 doesn't validate them as metal. It's just them covering a song that's part of pop culture. It's not as if they even did anything particularly interesting or even gimmicky with the cover, it was just a straight up cover. I mean, this is a Black Sabbath cover, does it belong in this thread?

The other song is borderline hardcore, not metal. Just because something has a guitar solo doesn't make it metal.

You don't like that? Maybe you shouldn't post in this thread.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Sum 41 is terrible junior high school pop punk. Them covering a song that was in the Top 40 doesn't validate them as metal. It's just them covering a song that's part of pop culture. It's not as if they even did anything particularly interesting or even gimmicky with the cover, it was just a straight up cover. I mean, this is a Black Sabbath cover, does it belong in this thread?

The other song is borderline hardcore, not metal. Just because something has a guitar solo doesn't make it metal.

You don't like that? Maybe you shouldn't post in this thread.

Your opinion on MoP doesnt change the fact that its a metal song. Your self centered view on metal is yours and yours alone. I get it, you are an elitist.

The bitter end is a metallica tribute. Its written like a metal song, very metal esque. Similar riffs etc. Anyone with a decent knowledge or experience with songwriting and metal knows this. There are some good comparision videos on youtube with the bitter end and battery. Take a look. Oh, and in before battery rage, metallica belongs in this thread.

Well look at that. They are written very identlcal! I guess Metallica is a borderline hardcore band. Thanks for teaching me hivemand :)

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, Mortuary Drape's some really good stuff, probably the closest thing to Master's Hammer as well out there. That Necromantia album has been on my wishlist for a while now so I've got to check it out soon. Cultes Des Ghoules sounded like pretty cool stuff as well.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Man, hearing Andi Deris sing Kiske Era Helloween songs is sad. Just watched him perform sing March in Time (A favorite) on youtube. Kinda grating. I like Deris, but Kiske can reach those notes that Deris seems to have trouble hitting and that just kills the performance for me. But don't get me wrong, when Deris sings songs that were written with him in mind, he's pretty ****ing amazing.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Any black metal out there similar to Master's Hammer's debut? Really great album and very unique; I can hear a ton of MF/Maiden influences on the album which is cool.
I concur with Necromantia, and I would say early Samael too (Worship Him). I think there's a sort of straightforward and tinny black metal-sound to these three bands. Samael might be a bit slower though.

Your opinion on MoP doesnt change the fact that its a metal song. Your self centered view on metal is yours and yours alone. I get it, you are an elitist.

The bitter end is a metallica tribute. Its written like a metal song, very metal esque. Similar riffs etc. Anyone with a decent knowledge or experience with songwriting and metal knows this. There are some good comparision videos on youtube with the bitter end and battery. Take a look. Oh, and in before battery rage, metallica belongs in this thread.

Well look at that. They are written very identlcal! I guess Metallica is a borderline hardcore band. Thanks for teaching me hivemand :)
Metallica was influenced by punk, hardcore, and Motorhead. You can hear it on Kill 'Em All as well as a lot of early thrash albums.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
:laugh:
If we're gonna post every cover of a metal song in here, it's going to be a long list. I already showed the flaws in this logic with my Cardigans video in my last post.
Like I said previously, if Sum 41 had done something particularly unique or interesting or gimmicky with their cover, it may have novelty value. But you're just posting a Sum 41 cover in the metal thread...

Metallica, the band that was "too punk for metal clubs" in the early 80s is heavily influenced by hardcore? You don't say! :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad