*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
You've got to be impressed with Kitchener last night even if they played a crappy team. Now for it to continue when the big guns return. I've really missed seeing the Rangers score 6+ goals this year.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
You've got to be impressed with Kitchener last night even if they played a crappy team. Now for it to continue when the big guns return. I've really missed seeing the Rangers score 6+ goals this year.

Yeah going into last nite only 6 pts separated the 2 teams in the standings,crappy team?
Make that 2 crappy teams then

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
iginally Posted by aresknights
BF--What do you think Spott could fetch for Frank? (and I do agree if they go for it you may have to move him and hope Gibsons finest continues to roll along injury free)

I think that would be a start to narrowing the gap but moving Frank alone wont get ya to the promised land IMO.
Spott's been taking offers of multiple 2nds and 3rds for Frank and/or scoring wingers that are leaps and bounds above Kitchener's depth guys.

With goal support, Kitchener's D and Gibson can play with less excruciating pressure every night.

In my opinion, that's enough.

If hes getting multiple 2nds and 3rds the deal should be a no brainer. They could flip those for present talent if in buy mode or have cupboard restocking well under way if sell mode.

Hockey4Lyfe13

Sep 15, 2012
If we buy (which I think is the thing to do with the talent we have already) who out there could Spott truly pick up, with the young talent/ lack of draft picks we have left?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not sure I agree that theyll get it, but if ya can get multi 2nds and 3rd for your BUG (as suggested was offered by BF) its a good start.

I thought they would be one of the first teams into buy mode, with Spott occupied for a bit will it still happen? I think it can but others Ive talked say itll be harder with him gone. I know hell be busy but i think they can still do something (if they choose) Either way come Jan 10th I think theyve added and added quality, not the mid player type.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
If hes getting multiple 2nds and 3rds the deal should be a no brainer. They could flip those for present talent if in buy mode or have cupboard restocking well under way if sell mode.

I agree it should be a no-brainer. In Kitchener's situation, keeping both goalies is a luxury they can't afford.

It's simple cost-benefit analysis and I believe Spott fails if he holds onto both. Yes, there's a chance of injury leaving him caught, but then add a decent back-up that costs much less than Franky would fetch you.

Good GMs realize these opportunities when they present themselves.

Mikksy

Oct 10, 2008
Ontario
I agree it should be a no-brainer. In Kitchener's situation, keeping both goalies is a luxury they can't afford.

It's simple cost-benefit analysis and I believe Spott fails if he holds onto both. Yes, there's a chance of injury leaving him caught, but then add a decent back-up that costs much less than Franky would fetch you.

They are definitely in buy mode and I would agree.

It's frustrating sometimes to see Spott deal so conservatively. You need to make a splash if you want to get anywhere.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
I agree it should be a no-brainer. In Kitchener's situation, keeping both goalies is a luxury they can't afford.It's simple cost-benefit analysis and I believe Spott fails if he holds onto both. Yes, there's a chance of injury leaving him caught, but then add a decent back-up that costs much less than Franky would fetch you.

Thinking about it, I don't really think I like the idea of holding on to Franky during Gibson's absence. I get why doing it, but if we are going to trade him then deal him and lets see what Moylan can do. That will still give us time if we need find a quality backup or run with what we have. So we might lose some games, the only way that hurts is if we are fighting for home ice for the playoffs. And if we are fighting for home ice then I dont see us going deep.

Another thing is I dont like last minute deals, values may go up before the deadline but also mistakes are made too. I would rather deal early than late.

If we are keep Franky for the year than thats another story.

KnightRanger

Dec 30, 2009
Waterloo
Rangers win one game last night withour their so called stars and now everyone wants to go for it? To me it further drills home that they need to sell. They won last night because their compete level was raised 100% from where it has been! These young guys are working their butts off to try and keep a spot in the line up and the results showed last night! If we could get that work ethic out of the STARS then we would be in a good situation, but I don't see it. Move them for good young talent, play the young the guys and let them mature and restock the cupboards to make a serious run in a couple of years. The time to make the moves to try and go for it all is not when their are several teams already way ahead of you with more to offer on the trade market to get even better. It's been a while since their has been this many teams in contention giving the sellers several options to make moves.

If they do go for it, I'll cheer them on, but don't think I bother following them for the next 3 seasons!!!

Mikksy

Oct 10, 2008
Ontario
Rangers win one game last night withour their so called stars and now everyone wants to go for it? To me it further drills home that they need to sell. They won last night because their compete level was raised 100% from where it has been! These young guys are working their butts off to try and keep a spot in the line up and the results showed last night! If we could get that work ethic out of the STARS then we would be in a good situation, but I don't see it. Move them for good young talent, play the young the guys and let them mature and restock the cupboards to make a serious run in a couple of years. The time to make the moves to try and go for it all is not when their are several teams already way ahead of you with more to offer on the trade market to get even better. It's been a while since their has been this many teams in contention giving the sellers several options to make moves.

If they do go for it, I'll cheer them on, but don't think I bother following them for the next 3 seasons!!!

You're not being realistic. Spott won't sell this year. He knows the Rangers are mere pieces away from the teams "ahead" of them, even if he has minimal assets, which is why I brought up Palazzese.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener

I think you see if you read back people that suggest selling have not commented about attempted to load up after 1 win.

This year is a sellers market as there are so many teams still in it. You need to be realistic with views when your draft cupboard is bare. And support the team through thick and thin.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Tonight will be the first time we play Erie since MacGuire put Llewellyn out (concussion) with a dirty hit to the head.

Since there was no supplemental discipline because of the poor video quality.:shakehead, is it too much to ask that the Rangers take matters into their own hands and exact a little of their own revenge?

Call it team bonding or whatever, but it would be nice if MacGuire gets a rough ride tonight!!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Thinking about it, I don't really think I like the idea of holding on to Franky during Gibson's absence. I get why doing it, but if we are going to trade him then deal him and lets see what Moylan can do. That will still give us time if we need find a quality backup or run with what we have. So we might lose some games, the only way that hurts is if we are fighting for home ice for the playoffs. And if we are fighting for home ice then I dont see us going deep.

Another thing is I dont like last minute deals, values may go up before the deadline but also mistakes are made too. I would rather deal early than late.

If we are keep Franky for the year than thats another story.

My thoughts exactly!! Moylan should get a run of games and if he passes the test, so to speak, then deal Frankie - especially if you get decent return.

Frankie wouldn't be upset sitting in favor of Moylan under those circumstances.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Tonight will be the first time we play Erie since MacGuire put Llewellyn out (concussion) with a dirty hit to the head.

Since there was no supplemental discipline because of the poor video quality.:shakehead, is it too much to ask that the Rangers take matters into their own hands and exact a little of their own revenge?

Call it team bonding or whatever, but it would be nice if MacGuire gets a rough ride tonight!!

I doubt you'll see that. McGuire can handle anyone on the Rangers and the few guys Kitchener has who can scrap would be a bad trade-off.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

I agree with you totally, but I also know it's a pipe dream to think Spott will sell.

But one interesting observation I had on last night's game was that, without the stars in the lineup, they actually played other guys and went with who was playing the best. Imagine that novel concept! Look what it did for the energy level and for the quality of game.

Instead of giving Faksa, Rieder, etc. their 28 minutes a night regardless of how they're playing while other guys rot on the bench, everyone played with jump knowing they'd get more shifts and the coach was actually paying attention to who had the most jump.

(And I'll add I like what Schmalz is starting to show. Kid needs more ice, please!!)

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I agree with you totally, but I also know it's a pipe dream to think Spott will sell.

But one interesting observation I had on last night's game was that, without the stars in the lineup, they actually played other guys and went with who was playing the best. Imagine that novel concept! Look what it did for the energy level and for the quality of game.

Instead of giving Faksa, Rieder, etc. their 28 minutes a night regardless of how they're playing while other guys rot on the bench, everyone played with jump knowing they'd get more shifts and the coach was actually paying attention to who had the most jump.

(And I'll add I like what Schmalz is starting to show. Kid needs more ice, please!!)

^ agreed!
and especially agree on Schmalz. Once he finds his legs and confidence he's going to be a load to handle.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
A minor note for tonight's game. Iafrate returns from his suspension, but Josh Brown reports that Stewart will sit and Young will play.

I don't quite understand the handling of Young. Where is he on the depth chart?

Hockey4Lyfe13

Sep 15, 2012
^ agreed!
and especially agree on Schmalz. Once he finds his legs and confidence he's going to be a load to handle.
I couldn't agree more with everyone! The young guns played really well last night! Guys like grant, llewellyn, schmalz, and meghien played significant roles! Also alberga and czinder played much better in my eyes. If we can get games like that out of them we should do fine!

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
I think the guy singing the anthems needs to review the Star Spangled Banner :laugh:

"O say can you see by the star lights gleaming???"

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
It wasn't even close to the worst performance at the Aud tonight!!!

That is true as well :laugh:. As an Erie fan I have sat through some games where the away team just crushes the home team. Those games are not fun for the fans and especially not for the players and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->