OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
wm965zugcad21.jpg

I know this is old news, but this shows how bad our jersey template is.

That's one of the 2019 All-Star jerseys. There is also a black one. Add some red striping, and that would be significantly better than our current home/away set.

Like most people here, I am not a big fan of the current primary crest, but it translates well to a two tone look.

I've been watching for these jerseys to go on sale/clearance, but Adidas is taking their sweet time with it. They have them on their website. They otherwise don't seem to be available at a lot of outlets, and zero chance I'd pay 220 for one.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
wm965zugcad21.jpg

That's one of the 2019 All-Star jerseys. There is also a black one. Add some red striping, and that would be significantly better than our current home/away set.

Like most people here, I am not a big fan of the current primary crest, but it translates well to a two tone look.

I've been watching for these jerseys to go on sale/clearance, but Adidas is taking their sweet time with it. They have them on their website. They otherwise don't seem to be available at a lot of outlets, and zero chance I'd pay 220 for one.

My only thought is that they perhaps didn't make very many of those all-star template jerseys, and therefore don't feel like they have to blow them out quite yet. Eventually they will...

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
So I sold my Yashin jerseys years ago but now I'm doing fine financially so anyone got a reliable place to buy older authentic jerseys? I kind of want to get an Alfredsson jersey or a McEachern jersey.

I'm a bigger guy too so I think I would need a L or XL so it fits like an actual jersey but sizing changes with every new jersey provider I would imagine (CCM, Reebok, Adidas) so I'm not sure.

Anyone got an online or physical store they recommend?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
So I sold my Yashin jerseys years ago but now I'm doing fine financially so anyone got a reliable place to buy older authentic jerseys? I kind of want to get an Alfredsson jersey or a McEachern jersey.

I'm a bigger guy too so I think I would need a L or XL so it fits like an actual jersey but sizing changes with every new jersey provider I would imagine (CCM, Reebok, Adidas) so I'm not sure.

Anyone got an online or physical store they recommend?

You're pretty much stuck with eBay. If you want the authentic (on ice) versions of the 2D black jerseys, they are reasonably rare and expensive. The late 90's black/red/white is very hard to find. You're usually in for at least 200 for a blank in good condition. Sometimes you can get lucky and find one that goes under the radar for cheaper. If you are okay with the replica (not fake) versions, they are easier to find and usually a bit cheaper. You can find them blank for 50 or less on eBay if you're patient.

Here's a brand new Alfredsson authentic: Ottawa SENATORS Daniel Alfredsson CCM Pro Authentic 1995-97 Jersey New with tags | eBay

This is the version they re-released for his jersey retirement. They were actually on clearance at the Sens store a year or two ago, so maybe if you call around someone still has stock, but that's a big if. It's a 54, which will be pretty big.

Here's a nice ultrafil one: Ottawa Senators CCM Ultrafil Authentic Jersey Size 48 Mint Condition Black | eBay

It's priced a bit high, but I don't begrudge the seller. It's in great condition and those jerseys are really hard to find. I probably would ask a similar price if I sold it. They sell for 200-250 easily in worse condition. That one is a 48 so closer to a large. It's an Ultrafil one like they had back in the 90's.

Otherwise, if you want a more frugal option, just go for one of the replica CCM ones. This one is a bit on the expensive side, especially if you're in Canada and have to pay the global shipping fees, but I'll link to it as an example to give you an idea of what I am talking about: Ottawa Senators Vintage CCM NHL Jersey Made In USA | eBay

I'd say 40-60 CAD shipped is in the range they usually go for. Your best bet is just to search eBay by "new listings" every day or every few days and see what comes up.

Reactions: Daxi

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Check out kijij, always SENS jersey's there. SENSATIONS has "new" old jersey's for sale too!

Some stores stock CCM Vintage versions of the black Sens jersey. The Sens store probably does.

I wouldn't recommend them because they have a weird looking crest. They are also considerably more expensive than dropping 40-60 all in on a good condition 90's black replica from eBay.

ottawa_senators_vintage_ccm_jersey_1992_1024x1024.png

Ottawa Senators CCM Vintage NHL Jersey

If someone has a nearly 200 dollar budget, they would be better off waiting for a CCM Authentic to hit eBay. That's about what the CCM authentic version of those black ones go for on the secondary market. The downside is that they don't get listed very often. I only see a handful that come up every year.

Reactions: Back in Black

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
While I was watching Pierrre Dorions press conference I noticed a new black backdrop. Do you think they might go with black jersey in the future ? It would look unreal.

Reactions: Back in Black

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
While I was watching Pierrre Dorions press conference I noticed a new black backdrop. Do you think they might go with black jersey in the future ? It would look unreal.

JerseyWatch 2019 — icethetics.co

That article is quite old but it has a new 3rd jersey as "expected" for 2019. With the trend that the league is going with, I could see the sens bringing back the black with 2d logo as a 3rd jersey. At least thats what I'm hoping for

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
wm965zugcad21.jpg

This picture makes my eyes bleed and I don't know why.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Tempted to offer you my whole SENS jersey collection.....:sarcasm:

Lol how many of those do you have? I might pick up a SENS jersey eventually because ugly might become retro at some point and it's fun to have those older 'rarer' types of jerseys.

I'll definitely look into a white 2d and a black O jersey over the next few weeks. I just want to make sure I'm getting at least an XL, preferably larger and it's high quality to the point where I could wear it on an outdoor rink or something.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Lol how many of those do you have? I might pick up a SENS jersey eventually because ugly might become retro at some point and it's fun to have those older 'rarer' types of jerseys.

I'll definitely look into a white 2d and a black O jersey over the next few weeks. I just want to make sure I'm getting at least an XL, preferably larger and it's high quality to the point where I could wear it on an outdoor rink or something.

Go look at Meigrays, you can probably find a cheapo Edge 2.0 "Snes" jersey in 54, 56, or 58.

I picked up a retail Edge 1.0 years ago on eBay for maybe 150 Canadian brand new. I felt like a dope paying that because it's such an ugly jersey, but the authentic ones are difficult to find outside of game worn/issued which are way too big for me.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

I can't link because I'm on mobile but if you search "Ottawa edge jersey" on eBay, a seller named something like glitzandglam has a bunch of Snes Edge 1.0s.

Same seller I got mine from years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->