OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Yeah our new home and away jerseys have leaked. Apparently we will wear these for the next decade.

thumb.aspx

.....Just kidding. That abomination is our All-Star jersey.

InTkachukWeTrust has left the chat....

Serioulsy though, who's idea was it to make these. I can't even look at them.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Are there any places in Ottawa that sell Belleville's red jersey? I've seen a few white ones at the CTC but no red ones.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I would like to see something that incorporates something new into the 2d jerseys, like a shoulder patch or something like that. I hope to see the logo and primary colours remain the same, but hope to see something else that makes them unique. Either way, I'm buying one :laugh:

Reactions: InTkachukWeTrust

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
So I received a NHL 100 Sens jersey the day Stone was traded, and a couple of 2d tees the day Pageau was traded. My Sens fandom is waning, but that logo is so fire I'd wear it even if I wasn't a hockey fan.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Just FYI, Here's something I saw on Reddit :

r9gn7545mpj41.png

If you look through this thread, at least one #boardinsider has been mentioning it for a while. So it is nice to see someone else say the same thing.

The authentic versions of the 2D black CCM jerseys have gone up quite a bit in price over the last few years. It isn't outlandish for them to sell for 400-500 on eBay now. The ones with the white stripes are especially difficult to find since they were only around for a few seasons. So it'll be nice if the re-introduction of Adidas versions drops the price a little bit for collectors.

Reactions: NB613

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hasn't the 2D been all but confirmed for the last ~year and a half?

The only other tidbit I can add at this point (as always, grain of salt) is to not just assume it will be the black 2D.

Reactions: NB613

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
s-l500.png

2019-20 TOPPS NOW NHL STICKER Week 18 #155 MARCUS HOGBERG RK OTTAWA SENATORS | eBay

Thought this might be of interest to some of the card collectors who pop up here. It isn't my listing, but as anybody who collects Sens cards know, Hogberg got shafted by Upper Deck and only has one rookie card. For people who don't collect cards, this is out of the ordinary. Most players end up with dozens different cards and variants of cards during the rookie year.

It turns out he also has a Topps "Rookie" sticker card.

BigTurk

Dec 24, 2019
s-l500.png

2019-20 TOPPS NOW NHL STICKER Week 18 #155 MARCUS HOGBERG RK OTTAWA SENATORS | eBay

Thought this might be of interest to some of the card collectors who pop up here. It isn't my listing, but as anybody who collects Sens cards know, Hogberg got shafted by Upper Deck and only has one rookie card. For people who don't collect cards, this is out of the ordinary. Most players end up with dozens different cards and variants of cards during the rookie year.

It turns out he also has a Topps "Rookie" sticker card.

Wow...

Surely the 2019-20 SP Authentic Upper Deck Update cards must include a Young Gun of his???

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Wow...

Surely the 2019-20 SP Authentic Upper Deck Update cards must include a Young Gun of his???

They burned his rookie year off in 18-19 by including him in the e-Pack exclusive Compendium set. He was not included in any other sets. I don't think UD usually does rookie cards for a player two years in a row.

He has 1 physical rookie card that has 3 total physical variations. That is the Compendium rookie card in blue, gold, or as a 1/1 printing plate.

While Upper Deck probably has a bunch of his blue rookie cards sitting in a warehouse for ePack, in actuality the amount available are extremely low because the only way to get a blue rookie card is for someone on ePack to create one by combining 10 digital versions of his Compendium card. To do that, someone either has to buy cases of Compendium, or spend enough time trading on ePack to get 10 of the digital cards.

Now that Hogberg has broken out, the supply has mostly dried up. The series of Compendium he is from is not out of stock on ePack, and they periodically put "boxes" of Compendium on sale for 5 dollars. So it is likely that the supply will go up sporadically, but the fact that people have to take the time to trade on ePack to make physical versions of his card creates a huge bottleneck.

The print run of his blue card is probably under 100 right now. There are 77 historical sales of his blue Compendium card on COMC, which is the site people use to transfer their ePack stuff and sell it on. But it has to be accounted for that a lot of cards on COMC sell multiple times before being taken off the site because the site has flippers who buy and re-price cards. So it is unlikely that there have been 77 individual versions of his card sold on COMC. There are only about 23 possible copies of the card sitting in accounts on Upper Deck ePack.

100 of an individual card is not very limited in today's day and age where there aren't a lot of buyers for sports cards. But it has to be considered that rookie cards are pretty strong in the hockey hobby, and we're not just talking about 100 of a specific parallel, we're talking about a player who might only have around 100 rookie cards available total. Speaking in relative terms, Young Guns rookie cards are printed into the five figures, combine that with O-Pee-Chee, MVP, etc, etc, etc. If Hogberg becomes a star, and there isn't anything sketchy like a pallet of his cards going out the backdoor of the Upper Deck factory and landing on eBay, his Compendium card might be worth a lot more than a comparable goalies rookie card simply because of how limited the supply of total Hogberg rookie cards are. That is even considering that Compendium is not a strong or known brand name at all.

The gold parallel is nearly impossible to get. I think it requires combining 20 blue parallels, or 200 digital versions.

Reactions: BigTurk

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Are we still getting new jerseys ? Or is that canned because Little is gone?

Who knows.

The timeline is Little went on the radio on February 12th, had the phone conversation with Melnyk days later and was fired today. The most recent tweet that claims it is happening is from the 28th.

It seems unlikely that they'd cancel the plans now but with Melnyk at the top anything is possible.

BigTurk

Dec 24, 2019
Fascinating stuff man, thanks for the info! I got back into collecting three years ago - was wondering what the deal was with Hogberg when I pulled a Daccord Young Gun over the weekend.

Very tantalizing that the printing plate is up on Ebay for 68 bucks..

They burned his rookie year off in 18-19 by including him in the e-Pack exclusive Compendium set. He was not included in any other sets. I don't think UD usually does rookie cards for a player two years in a row.

He has 1 physical rookie card that has 3 total physical variations. That is the Compendium rookie card in blue, gold, or as a 1/1 printing plate.

While Upper Deck probably has a bunch of his blue rookie cards sitting in a warehouse for ePack, in actuality the amount available are extremely low because the only way to get a blue rookie card is for someone on ePack to create one by combining 10 digital versions of his Compendium card. To do that, someone either has to buy cases of Compendium, or spend enough time trading on ePack to get 10 of the digital cards.

Now that Hogberg has broken out, the supply has mostly dried up. The series of Compendium he is from is not out of stock on ePack, and they periodically put "boxes" of Compendium on sale for 5 dollars. So it is likely that the supply will go up sporadically, but the fact that people have to take the time to trade on ePack to make physical versions of his card creates a huge bottleneck.

The print run of his blue card is probably under 100 right now. There are 77 historical sales of his blue Compendium card on COMC, which is the site people use to transfer their ePack stuff and sell it on. But it has to be accounted for that a lot of cards on COMC sell multiple times before being taken off the site because the site has flippers who buy and re-price cards. So it is unlikely that there have been 77 individual versions of his card sold on COMC. There are only about 23 possible copies of the card sitting in accounts on Upper Deck ePack.

100 of an individual card is not very limited in today's day and age where there aren't a lot of buyers for sports cards. But it has to be considered that rookie cards are pretty strong in the hockey hobby, and we're not just talking about 100 of a specific parallel, we're talking about a player who might only have around 100 rookie cards available total. Speaking in relative terms, Young Guns rookie cards are printed into the five figures, combine that with O-Pee-Chee, MVP, etc, etc, etc. If Hogberg becomes a star, and there isn't anything sketchy like a pallet of his cards going out the backdoor of the Upper Deck factory and landing on eBay, his Compendium card might be worth a lot more than a comparable goalies rookie card simply because of how limited the supply of total Hogberg rookie cards are. That is even considering that Compendium is not a strong or known brand name at all.

The gold parallel is nearly impossible to get. I think it requires combining 20 blue parallels, or 200 digital versions.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Fascinating stuff man, thanks for the info! I got back into collecting three years ago - was wondering what the deal was with Hogberg when I pulled a Daccord Young Gun over the weekend.

Very tantalizing that the printing plate is up on Ebay for 68 bucks..

If you want that plate, you can sign up on COMC.com and get it for cheaper. Assuming we're looking at the same thing, it is originally listed on COMC.com and they cross list it to eBay. It is both cheaper buying directly on COMC, and you also might be able to get a deal because you can make offers to sellers. If you have no idea what I am talking about, just visit the website and you'll figure it out pretty quickly. Just make sure you actually sign up though, otherwise you will see the inflated eBay prices even when on COMC's site.

Printing plates are more of a novelty. If you're a big Hogberg fan and think he's the real deal, it's a cool pickup, but they aren't always treated as being huge deals in the hobby.

I'm really interested in seeing how his card does over the next few years because I don't recall the last time there has been a relevant rookie who doesn't have dozens of cards. Compendium is a nothing brand, but it is his only card, and because of the entire ePack thing the amount actually out there are very limited. I don't think it's going to be a super expensive card, but I almost want him to make it as a big star just to see what happens.

There are some examples of other Sens who got similar treatment to Hogberg. Dzingel only had rookie cards in SPGU (a base rookie /43 and an autographed rookie), and in SP Authentic (a non-auto'd Future Watch /999, and a limited Future Watch /25). But still, that's 1000+ copies of cards out there versus maybe 100 or so for Hogberg.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I wish a jersey leak would happen. With the draft only three months away, I'm surprised we haven't heard or seen a little more.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I hope the home jersey is black.

We share the same colour scheme with;

New Jersey - Red home jersey
Carolina - Red home jersey

Other Red home jerseys

Arizona - kinda
Colorado - again, kinda
Washington