OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Colour scheme is gorgeous, but I hate that logo. I never understood some people's obsession with it. Just a way worse version of the classic 2D imo.

:thumbu:

I find a lot of people don't like the updated version on that concept that was posted. I don't get why people don't like it. To me, it's the best logo we could possibly go with right now.
:thumbd:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Colour scheme is gorgeous, but I hate that logo. I never understood some people's obsession with it. Just a way worse version of the classic 2D imo.

It is my least favorite logo in the history of the team. It's possibly probably in my top-5 least favorite NHL logos of all time.

... Yes, even worse than the SENS logo, IMO.

Reactions: Back in Black

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Would love the 2D. However they have made hats with that logo before while we had the 3D logo, so I’m not sure if this would mean they’re changing it back

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

b1jFLzk.jpg

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
If we are going back to the 2D, I hope we go with the white/red/black pattern as shown above.

The authentic CCM version is very difficult to find in a wearable size because the Sens wore it for such a short period of time. It'd be nice to be able to just get an Adidas one on clearance for 50 once we trade Chabot. (I'm kidding about the Chabot part...:popcorn:...I think)

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Would love the 2D. However they have made hats with that logo before while we had the 3D logo, so I’m not sure if this would mean they’re changing it back

They have made CCM hats with the 2D logo over the last few years.

The significance is that all those other logos are the primary logos of the other teams.

We'll find out soon enough if we are getting a jersey change, or a 3rd jersey once the Adidas catalog that is sent to retailers is issued. I don't think they show images for new jerseys, but they establish which teams are getting new ones.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
They have made CCM hats with the 2D logo over the last few years.

The significance is that all those other logos are the primary logos of the other teams.

We'll find out soon enough if we are getting a jersey change, or a 3rd jersey once the Adidas catalog that is sent to retailers is issued. I don't think they show images for new jerseys, but they establish which teams are getting new ones.

Icethetics says a new third next year. And a rebrand in 2020-21 or 2021-22.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Icethetics says a new third next year. And a rebrand in 2020-21 or 2021-22.

Makes sense.

Good timing to get a new look for the FYOUS era.

I get the Adidas design was slightly different, but it's crazy to me that we basically wore the Edge design for longer than any design in team history.

It's been a nice few years for Sens jersey collecting. Cream coloured heritage a few years back, red heritage two years ago, and now two new jerseys assumed to have the 2D logo.

Reactions: Deku

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Makes sense. I feel like the 2d jerseys should be a 3rd jersey before becoming our main jerseys.

I would imagine it's a logistics thing.

I'm not 100 percent sure on the entire process, but I know Adidas/Reebok requires a specific amount of time before a jersey can be retired, and that the actual creation of a jersey is a longer process than just throwing out a photoshop and saying in April "we want that by October". Unless I've lost count, next year will be the start of our 3rd year wearing these home jerseys. So it's possible that we have to wait 3 full years before actually retiring them. I don't remember if Adidas/Reebok's number of years for how long a team has to keep a jersey is 2 or 3 years.

I don't think the Heritage Classic counts with that 3 year rule because it was a special event jersey that was already created. We chose to re-use it as our 3rd this year, but it was already made. We didn't have a 3rd made and ditch it a year later.

Other people with more knowledge, probably @BonkTastic could probably clarify.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
FWIW every toque appears to be the colour of the home uniform for the team, besides Ottawa, Tampa, and San Jose having black for a base colour

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Would be literally shocking to me to see the team make the correct decision after seemingly 100 straight recent strikeouts. A good sign for sure but as with everything Senators the expectations should not go one step beyond another colossal failure until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->